Adam Braidwood in Deeper Today.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

Adam Braidwood recently arrested for aggravated assault and forcible detainment while he and a couple of others placed a gentleman into the car trunk, now has a separate weapons charge plus 9 other charges to deal with. While it may have been an issue for Tillman to deal with after the first set of charges, I don't think that anyone would want the nightmare Braidwood would be for a team. So expect the Esks already thin NI talent to get a little thinner.

On the first charge, I thought perhaps he finally caught up with Murphy, but it was an Alberta man. His accomplishes were into drugs, so he may have dropped his MMA aspirations and is using them to intimidate/muscle some investments. 1st round selections for the Esks aren't panning out very well.

Story here HERE
Entertainment value = an all time low
1greatmysticbushape
Champion

Yikes. This is impinging on my fantasy football world.
ziggy
Legend

I think he gave up the MMA dream when he found out they wouldn't allow him and his dad to be a tag team. Too bad, but it does look like he is moonlighting as someones muscle.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

That was kind of funny/weird/pathetic when his dad accosted Murphy.

"Leave my son alone, ya big bully." Ha ha. My interpretation.

Murphy body slammed and pancaked him pretty well I recall.

Too bad he is out of control. His football career never got going. Does the elevator go to the top floor?

"Help, Dad."
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Like Josh Boden another fine Canadian player tosses his career away. The Esks can't stand by him after the latest.

Steroid freak?????

"Soon after Braidwood’s Monday court appearance, Eskimos general manager Eric Tillman issued a statement that said the club was disappointed with the 274-pound defensive lineman.

“Learning of this second alleged incident with Adam is incredibly disappointing. We had a very candid discussion a couple of weeks ago, where I expressed our sincere concerns about Adam as a human being while at the same time being crystal clear about what our organization expected of him going forward. He understood our message was a balance of compassion and accountability. With this latest development, we will gather more information via the legal process and then do what is best for the Edmonton Eskimos.”

Braidwood is in custody."

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/Edm ... z17PTNHIPr
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Tillman has had to skate a fine line, given the benefit of the doubt he was given when his case was before the courts, but this can't end well.
“Learning of this second alleged incident with Adam is incredibly disappointing. We had a very candid discussion a couple of weeks ago, where I expressed our sincere concerns about Adam as a human being while at the same time being crystal clear about what our organization expected of him going forward. He understood our message was a balance of compassion and accountability. With this latest development, we will gather more information via the legal process and then do what is best for the Edmonton Eskimos.”
At least Briadwood isn't likely to get in much more trouble while he's in jail.

When Braidwood was drafted in 2006, the Lions had the second, fourth and sixth picks but they didn't get a chance at him because the Esks took him first overall. That turned out well for the Lions. Taking Jason Pottinger with the second pick instead of Andy Fantuz didn't turn out so well for the Lions.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Tillman has had to skate a fine line, given the benefit of the doubt he was given when his case was before the courts, but this can't end well.

When Braidwood was drafted in 2006, the Lions had the second, fourth and sixth picks but they didn't get a chance at him because the Esks took him first overall. That turned out well for the Lions. Taking Jason Pottinger with the second pick instead of Andy Fantuz didn't turn out so well for the Lions.
Strange situation when Tillman has to provide moral guidance over the misdoings of one of his players.

Too bad about Pottinger. Willing athlete. Strong and fit. But not quick enough for CFL linebacker it seemed, and even lacking some quickness for STs at times. Wonder how the Argos have felt about his play? Valli was our third first rounder that year I think. He has had "mixed" success as well, to put it mildly.

One of Wally's strengths over the years has been his ability to accumulate draft picks, and, for the most part, use them well.

It's always a bit of a gamble with the ultimate success or failure of these guys. And sometimes they blossom much later. Baumann in Hamilton for example. Even Fantuz struggled in his early years it seems. Matt Carter seems to have done well enough for the TiCats after O'B heisted him off the Lions' PR. Adam Nicolson ... not so much.
David
Team Captain

Phew. When I read the subject heading, I thought perhaps Adam Braidwood had branched out from debt collection to adult films.

"Adam Braidwood stars in "Deeper Today" (chicka bow-wow).

Also starring Amber Lynn and Chip Cox..."

:wink:

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
nelson95
Legend

chicka bow wooow
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
Rammer
Team Captain

Braidwood released by the Esks today, not a surprise given the hole that he dug himself into. :wag:
Ravi
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Too bad about Pottinger. Willing athlete. Strong and fit. But not quick enough for CFL linebacker it seemed, and even lacking some quickness for STs at times. Wonder how the Argos have felt about his play?
I think that the Argos are quite happy with Pottinger who was their starting MLB last season.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Too bad about Pottinger. Willing athlete. Strong and fit. But not quick enough for CFL linebacker it seemed, and even lacking some quickness for STs at times. Wonder how the Argos have felt about his play?
I think that the Argos are quite happy with Pottinger who was their starting MLB last season.
Yeah. I didn't follow the Argos that much this year, but I got the impression he was playing LB quite bit for them.

IMO he was not great on STs for us. It seemed returners could get around him rather easily. But I do think we might have tried him more at LB. Of course we had Javy in there.

We've really had mediocre results from all the high draft picks we've had in Wally's time here. As starters that is. Our ST guys have been very good. IMO some of that just might be not giving them enough opportunities. For others they might not have done much with the opp. Some blown picks.

Pottinger. Valli. Carter. Nicolson. Watkins. Gore. Lee. Sorensen. Et cetera. First rounders. For a variety of reasons, little or no production from these guys. Drafting? Coaching? Too patient? Not willing to try them? Whatever. The record in this area is not great.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

I find those careless storage of a firearm charges to be particularly egregious.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

And deeper still.....

Watched the Sunday night news and the hometown version of the Terry Fox Run in Port Coquitlam had to be re-routed due to a 'shots fired' call along the route. I saw a guy handcuffed but didn't recognize him.

Last night Don Taylor on Connected stated the man arrested was Adam Braidwood.

Braidwood was one of those guys who seemed to stir up the pre-game chatter with his battles when Jimenez/Murphy were big parts of our O-line. Sorry to hear he's got himself in more muck.......
Rammer
Team Captain

notahomer wrote:And deeper still.....

Watched the Sunday night news and the hometown version of the Terry Fox Run in Port Coquitlam had to be re-routed due to a 'shots fired' call along the route. I saw a guy handcuffed but didn't recognize him.

Last night Don Taylor on Connected stated the man arrested was Adam Braidwood.

Braidwood was one of those guys who seemed to stir up the pre-game chatter with his battles when Jimenez/Murphy were big parts of our O-line. Sorry to hear he's got himself in more muck.......
All while he was out on bail, doubt that he sees the chance for another bail opportunity after this.

Story HERE