Lions part ways with Casey Printers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

ziggy
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:Get overself pennw.... You are posting ridiculous claims to say that someone on LB is backstabbing Lion players.

Blitz is doing nothing that reporters don't. If you don't like his stuff why read it... but please stop attacking posters many of us enjoy reading.
Good advice re not reading stuff you don't like, if that works for you, its certainly a good strategy to employ. But can we not be open minded enough to apply it the pennw as well? I like reading a variety of opinions, however I must confess to scanning through some posters who are simply repeating the same mantra . At any rate Toppy I agree we need to be a little more respectful of others posts, remain open minded and not break into camps. Most of us are Lions fans and who knows, maybe some actually do have inside info.
bbking
Starter

ziggy wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Get overself pennw.... You are posting ridiculous claims to say that someone on LB is backstabbing Lion players.

Blitz is doing nothing that reporters don't. If you don't like his stuff why read it... but please stop attacking posters many of us enjoy reading.
Good advice re not reading stuff you don't like, if that works for you, its certainly a good strategy to employ. But can we not be open minded enough to apply it the pennw as well? I like reading a variety of opinions, however I must confess to scanning through some posters who are simply repeating the same mantra . At any rate Toppy I agree we need to be a little more respectful of others posts, remain open minded and not break into camps. Most of us are Lions fans and who knows, maybe some actually do have inside info.

Geez Ziggy, I couldn't agree more. I guess that puts me in your camp. I say that sarcastically as the camp thing can get really tiresome. Anyways well said.
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”
Blitz
Team Captain

I want the discussion to focus on the Leos but stand behind my recent comments. I have never referred to those who are not Printers supporters as Printers 'haters'. I realize that Casey Printers brought out strong views both ways. I think those of us who preferred him as our quarterback realized his weaknesses. I think a large number of us just believe he was handled wrongly. Armstrong's recent comments indicate that Printers knee injry was a sigificant factor in his play and that he also didn't have full support from the start of this season. That only supports the notion that there was a faction on the Leos who didn't want him back or preferred a different starter..and that was before Printers had done anything 'wrong',

I have never said that Chapdelaine did not allow Printers to run. However, there is no doubt, from the start of the season, from comments made by both Buono and Printers, that what the Leos wanted from Printers was to 'execute the offence', to not 'try and do to much', to avoid 'mistakes'. Lulay, in my view, is behaving instinctively when he takes off. He has run every 5 passing plays. Printers used to do that as well. So did Buck and so did Jarious.

However, as I see it, as a quarterback plays more in our offence, he tries to hang in the pocket longer, and buy the time, which often isn't there, in terms of pass rush or blitz, for that second and third read. It was a tendancy we saw in Dickenson (who took some horrible hits), in Buck, who was never the quarterback in his last two season as his frist two and with Jarious.

Anyway, we've pinned our hopes right now on Travis Lulay, who impressed me with his comments regarding Printers. He took the high road. Travis Lulay should get better, at least for a while. I hope he can retain his natural instinct to take off with the football quickly, rather than try to buy extra time in the pocket, when things break down. That split second to decide to do that or not, is often a huge difference maker. It's also something that, rightly or wrongly, I think tends to get bred out of our quarterbacks too much as they attempt to 'execute' Chap's offence.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
truth-hurts
Rookie

Blitz wrote:
truth-hurts wrote:
Blitz wrote:

Nope, most liked him. However, the Dickenson 'contigent' as they were referred to, which was a small group ...Reid, Clermont, Dickenson, Brent Johnson, and coach Chapdelaine, had strong negative feelings toward Printers. Buck hung around but was not a part of it. Murphy joined the group in 2006 but Printers was gone by then. The rest of the Leo players either supported Printers during his first stint here or were neutral. Guys like Geroy Simon, Jarious Jackson,Ryan Thelwell, Barrin Simpson were strong advocates of Printers.

Blitz, please don't use other people's names saying things YOU feel are true! These are only YOUR opinions and you have no right to make these statements on behalf of these players and coaches! I am very shocked you would go as far as using names of people like that when I KNOW FOR A FACT they don't feel that way about Printers. I will not state how I know this because it's none of your business but trust if any of these guys who you wrote wrongly about read your comments they would be the first to say that you have no idea what you're talking about!
Oh really? First of all, I didn't make the statement on behalf of the players mentioned. You've already heard what Angus had to say publically. Rob Murphy made his comments very public as well, when Printers returned for a visit for the playoff game and Murphy said he was not welcome to visit the dressing room. Murphy had never even played with Printers.

If you never meant to make the statement on behalf of the players then why did you post your statement as if you were? May be next time use the phrase "From what I heard" or "I read in the paper" in the beginning of your sentence when you're stating players and coaches' opinion of Casey.

Just like you, I too, stand by my comments. I have never replied to a post of yours because I actually enjoy reading your point of view on the different scenarios that goes on with the Lions. This is my first time writing you only because I was very shocked to read this particular post of yours. Posts that are a matter of opinion and an individual's point of view, I understand and can tolerate but posts that are coming across factual and I know they aren't true, then that's when I have to speak up. I am not trying to discredit anything you have ever said, I am merely "calling you out" and asking you to be more careful when it comes to your name-dropping about people's opinion of others.

And just to point it out, I was referring to your last comment in your post saying that Geroy, Jarious, Ryan, and Barrin were strong advocates of Printers. I have never heard on any interview or radio, never read in any paper or internet that any of these guys ever said that comment for you to write that in your post about them thinking that. When I read your post I looked into it to see if any of them said that. Once asked they just chuckled and replied, "Nah. Where in the heck did you hear that? That's crazy." When I told them where I heard it that's when they said, "Well, whoever this Blitz is, they obviously don't know what they're talking about!" So, that is why in my reply to you I wrote that as my last comment. I wasn't referring to you not knowing anything about football but rather your knowledge about that particular comment.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

truthHELPS... these players have all been public in their support of Printers... You need to do some reading.

Geroy was very careful in the media on this cut but you can see he is pained. Jackson even said that maybe some of that needed to be said.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
truth-hurts
Rookie

@ hwgill @Topp Vann

My reply to Blitz is also for you both. I felt I struck a nerve with you two so I just wanted you to understand where I was coming from. Never meant to talk down to Blitz nor say that his opinions and point of views of the game and/or football are not respected. Whether the panel agrees or disagrees with whatever posts are presented, it's up to us to let everyone state their views without prejudice.

Yes, I'm nearly the embryo amongst all you ole timers with my astounding 23 posts but let me assure you I'm not here to discredit anyone or cause confrontation just to toot my own horn. I will, however, call people out if necessary on the basis of untruths and ridiculous accusations on a topic I feel I am credited to do so. I am sure EVERYONE feels the same way and acts in the same fashion when they read a post they want to rebuttal. I have joined this forum to read everyone's opinions, suggestions, and ,let's be honest, to be entertained with everyone's point of views as people go back and forth with one another. I will continue to do so and hope that the members and readers understand that my posts are not meant to insult or discredit anyone.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Check out player reactions and listen to Geroy who is very conflicted but very careful as he was on radio and Jarius who says maybe this stuff by CP needed to be said. The video comments along with Angus Reid's comments are on TSN.

I might be a bit sensitive as I want to read the posts and differing views rather than have challenges to post sources which all tend to discredit a poster unnecessarily. Good clarification Truth...thanks for that.
bclions16
Champion

hwgill wrote:Blitz knows more about football and the Leos than anyone here.
I do not think that is true.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

bclions16 wrote:
there is a lot of very knowledgable posters here and I dont think anyone can be named as knowing the most, unless its me of course :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
bclions16
Champion

KnowItAll wrote:
bclions16 wrote:
there is a lot of very knowledgable posters here and I dont think anyone can be named as knowing the most, unless its me of course :wink:
Perhaps it's you, but I KNOW it isn't Blitz.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
pennw
Legend

bclions16 wrote:
It's a strange little sub-culture that seems to have developed on this board isn't it ? Anyone who dissents gets all the usual followers/defenders jumping all over them .Good for you truth-hurts for seeing through it . This is of course IMO .
pennw
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:Check out player reactions and listen to Geroy who is very conflicted but very careful as he was on radio and Jarius who says maybe this stuff by CP needed to be said. The video comments along with Angus Reid's comments are on TSN.

I might be a bit sensitive as I want to read the posts and differing views rather than have challenges to post sources which all tend to discredit a poster unnecessarily. Good clarification Truth...thanks for that.
The reason you get asked for sources is because when you post something highly questionable it comes across as out right fabrication with out some sort of proof . This is the case when anyone posts what they claim as a players point of view with out that player having ever said any such thing publicly . For a good example see your own earlier post "through Geroy's eyes" . The fact is you don't know Geroy's opinion because he never gave it publicly . If he gave it privately to you , then you betrayed his trust by posting his private opinion .As you state , his words are very guarded , so reading your own opinion into his words is questionable too . The other stuff he said that gets referred to , was stuff he said years ago , not current things regarding the present situation .
If you post questionable stuff don't be surprised when you get called out for it . And this goes for anyone , regardless of their "status ".
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Check out player reactions and listen to Geroy who is very conflicted but very careful as he was on radio and Jarius who says maybe this stuff by CP needed to be said. The video comments along with Angus Reid's comments are on TSN.

The reason you get asked for sources is because when you post something highly questionable it comes across as out right fabrication with out some sort of proof . This is the case when anyone posts what they claim as a players point of view with out that player having ever said any such thing publicly . For a good example see your own earlier post "through Geroy's eyes" . The fact is you don't know Geroy's opinion because he never gave it publicly . If he gave it privately to you , then you betrayed his trust by posting his private opinion .As you state , his words are very guarded , so reading your own opinion into his words is questionable too . The other stuff he said that gets referred to , was stuff he said years ago , not current things regarding the present situation .
If you post questionable stuff don't be surprised when you get called out for it . And this goes for anyone , regardless of their "status ".
I made it clear that listening to Geroy was to listen to his tv and radio interviews.- Why you would infer that I somehow heard it from him (never spoke to him) is astounding yet you seem to agree his words are guarded. Why the put downs? Opinions are all that I was posting and I made it clear that they were just that... opinions. If you don't like what I post ignore me but basically accusing me of fabricating something that other posters agree was said is quite bizzare. As to my "status" what is that about?

I actually did try to find the quotes but there are thousands of quotes and stories and I just didn't have time to find it. It was some time ago- that is very true.

You are entitled to your views as are others but this is a bit distasteful and you take this too far.
pennw
Legend

I did not aim that all at you specifically . You just happened to ask the question further up the page about being asked for sources and was responding to that . I did use one specific example of one of your earlier posts as one that was attributing an opinion to a certain player , because it was a glaring example that you no doubt would recall . But the rest of the post was more generalized . By "status" I was also not referring to you , but rather how some have jumped on truth-hurts for questioning Blitz , citing how few posts truth-hurts had to that point .
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

pennw wrote:I did not aim that all at you specifically . You just happened to ask the question further up the page about being asked for sources and was responding to that . I did use one specific example of one of your earlier posts as one that was attributing an opinion to a certain player , because it was a glaring example that you no doubt would recall . But the rest of the post was more generalized . By "status" I was also not referring to you , but rather how some have jumped on truth-hurts for questioning Blitz , citing how few posts truth-hurts had to that point .
Well, re-read your post as you basically accuse me of fabricating statements here. Not much class in that.

Perhaps you'd better get your source. How did blitz figure in a post where you smear me and go on about "status""?