Any Doubters That Buono Has Lost Control?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Lions4ever wrote: I hold out for a double double animal style at In N Out. Those are fantastic.
That is so just begging to be taken out of context....
Stargazer_Girl
Rookie

Blitz wrote:There are football websites that will not allow you to criticize the coach of the Lions.
That's incorrect. You can't personally attack, smear and insult coaches and players, but you can criticize them in a way that's respectful.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Stargazer_Girl wrote:
Blitz wrote:There are football websites that will not allow you to criticize the coach of the Lions.
That's incorrect. You can't personally attack, smear and insult coaches and players, but you can criticize them in a way that's respectful.
but for most people, that just takes the fun right out of it :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Stargazer_Girl
Rookie

KnowItAll wrote:
Stargazer_Girl wrote:
but for most people, that just takes the fun right out of it :wink:
You're right about that KnowItAll. That kind of freedom and latitude is a product that's attractive to many people, which is fine.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Stargazer_Girl wrote:
Just like here! ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Stargazer_Girl
Rookie

CatsEyes wrote:
Stargazer_Girl wrote:
Just like here! ;)
Exactly!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:

He made a lot of mistakes over the last few years, and it's starting to catch up with him. There was a time that Don Matthews was considered one of the greatest CFL coaches, and he too had a great winning record...but the time came when he started making mistakes, and players, fans, and the media began to question his ability. Now, he's gone for good. Buono, if he ignores the tea leaves, is going to disappear too, and be remembered not for being the winningest coach in CFL history, but as a coach who stuck around too long and lost the respect of the people and players around him.
At least Matthews knew that time was passing him by and knew when to pack it in.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote: There was a time that Don Matthews was considered one of the greatest CFL coaches......
now thats an understatement. There was a long time that Don was considered THE absolute best.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Area51
All Star

So let's see - - I post a thread about how Buono has lost control of the team with detailed examples to support my observation, and I get a combination of criticism and a mix of incoherent babble that I can only imagine was an attempt to distract from the context of my post.

Three days later a Vancouver writer has an article that pretty much says exactly what I posted - - but instead of the criticism and babble I received, people actually pay money to read his desrciption of how Buono has lost the team.

I've got no problem with those who are critical of my postings here - - specifically the ones related to the ineptitude of Buono. Actually I welcome the criticism.

Just one suggestion to my critics though - - if you're going to attempt a rebuttal, at least try to post some RELEVANT examples to support your arguement against the idea that Buono no longer has control over the players. Something a little stronger than a "No he hasn't" or "He's the all time coaching leader in wins".
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

How bout those Argos? ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Area51 wrote:So let's see - - I post a thread about how Buono has lost control of the team with detailed examples to support my observation, and I get a combination of criticism and a mix of incoherent babble that I can only imagine was an attempt to distract from the context of my post.

Three days later a Vancouver writer has an article that pretty much says exactly what I posted - - but instead of the criticism and babble I received, people actually pay money to read his desrciption of how Buono has lost the team.

I've got no problem with those who are critical of my postings here - - specifically the ones related to the ineptitude of Buono. Actually I welcome the criticism.

Just one suggestion to my critics though - - if you're going to attempt a rebuttal, at least try to post some RELEVANT examples to support your arguement against the idea that Buono no longer has control over the players. Something a little stronger than a "No he hasn't" or "He's the all time coaching leader in wins".
Perhaps if you want to he taken seriously you should act accordingly. Your whole time here since Liar Foley left for the NFL has been one long diatribe about how bad the team is, how bad the coaching is, how bad some of us are as fans, etc.

We get it. You don't like Wally or the Lions. Petsonally, I almost puke each time I see you patronize us with "Go Lions Go" after certain posts; I find it disengenous on your part and insulting on my part.

People here pay money to see this team play, and thus have a right to state opinions yay or nay about subjects such as coaching; you are related to a Toronto Argonaut player who was once a Lion and us no longer here, thank the lord. Your anti Lions rants are tiresome and tedious, and boring. You may incite some posters that don't know your one track style, but rest assured that the Mod staff does.

Still Triple O for me. Tell Phony what he's missing. Oh and good game last night Argos.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:How bout those Argos? ;)
Look for Casey to be on a plane to Toronto this week.
ziggy
Legend

Not sure why an argo fan feels we need to defend our coach to him especially when he posts his opinion as fact? Happy to hear his take on the Argo's coach though. Was last nights game an example of a coach in control.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
Area51 wrote:So let's see - - I post a thread about how Buono has lost control of the team with detailed examples to support my observation, and I get a combination of criticism and a mix of incoherent babble that I can only imagine was an attempt to distract from the context of my post.

Perhaps if you want to he taken seriously you should act accordingly. Your whole time here since Liar Foley left for the NFL has been one long diatribe about how bad the team is, how bad the coaching is, how bad some of us are as fans, etc.

We get it. You don't like Wally or the Lions. Petsonally, I almost puke each time I see you patronize us with "Go Lions Go" after certain posts; I find it disengenous on your part and insulting on my part.

People here pay money to see this team play, and thus have a right to state opinions yay or nay about subjects such as coaching; you are related to a Toronto Argonaut player who was once a Lion and us no longer here, thank the lord. Your anti Lions rants are tiresome and tedious, and boring. You may incite some posters that don't know your one track style, but rest assured that the Mod staff does.

Still Triple O for me. Tell Phony what he's missing. Oh and good game last night Argos.
We get it too. So if you don't want to read his posts or save your self from puking, why don't you simply put him on ignore.

Area51 brings up some good points and can be the ying to many on heres yang. Do I always think hes objective? Well, he does see the world through Foley colored glasses, but that's his choice. And constantly bringing up whether he or she is related to Foley is moot and only looks like a personal attack.

I don't understand why you consistently play the "mod" card when it comes to certain posters. As stated by WCJ, Area51 has done nothing wrong according to the rules. Seems that you and others have taken exception to him voicing his OWN opinion which is anti-Buono and pro-Foley.

Yeah yeah, I know......free to post elsewhere, understand there is another site, yada yada yada, :hypno:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
bbking
Starter

Now I has to put me Pirate Pack down even before I gets to the chocolate doubloon.

If ye cannot understand me speak then perhaps ye need to feel the taste of me steel.

I say put em to a test to see if they be a real matey.

We run em through with the sharp end of a cruel cutlass!

If they bleeds and their guts spill out for the maggots to feed then they be a troll.

If they stands tall and asks for more then he be a fine lad/lass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

All kidding aside, I had some fun with the Pirate Pack thing.

I have read many of Area51 posts. He/she has taken many a pointy steel and has remained standing.

So In conclusion to all ;

Stop ye whining ye yellow bellied, lily-livered landlubbers, there be a game to play and we needs our utmost bestest attention.

Or fer certain we' ll all be horn swollgin' scallywags! (translation=possibly missing the playoffs)
“It just shows,” he said to the reporters, “that you guys don’t always see what you think you see.”