Lions part ways with Casey Printers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Pauser, what is more important, the good of the team and winning, or adoration of a single player? Things happen behind the scenes that no
ne of us are privy to, dont forget.
The_Pauser
Legend

Solar Max wrote:Pauser, what is more important, the good of the team and winning, or adoration of a single player? Things happen behind the scenes that no
ne of us are privy to, dont forget.
I believe for the good of the team, this was a step in the wrong direction. I believe that Casey was our best QB, and no other QB on the roster has shown that they can play as well as he had this year and late last season.
Roar you Lions roar!
jerepeters
Rookie

Holy F%^*!!!!! what the damn it I am or have never been this pissed with a move that the BC Lions Have ever made till now Wally Buono your a FRICKEN JOKE I wanna use swear words but don't wanna loose my status as a rookie on here and respect other fans :shock: I renewed my Season tickets because I knew Casey Printers was gonna Be a BC Lions Player again I never saw issues with Casey even when he was last here the media I think made it worse I dunno I dunno what goes on behind closed doors but Frick the Lions Offensive line been good but how many times do the screw up too seeing how our QB's get hurt or scrambelling Travis Lulay come on now he make's me think he got some skills but I don't think he can be a quality QB we have not had a quality QB since Damon Allen and maybe Dickenson but to me Dickenson looked like a baby out there anyway focus Wally Buono you just lost my support :bang: BONEHEAD
BC Lions Fan & Season Ticket holder since 2006
swervynmerv
Legend

Thank u Wally! Who says yelling at your TV doesn't work. :yahoo: :yahoo:

This is all about the incident at the end of the game with Wilson. Embarassing a teammate on national tv should never be tolerated. Can you imagine Anthony Calvillo doing that? I am sure things erupted between players in the locker room with players taking sides and Printers is the odd man out.

I have it on reliable info from a BC Lion player that Printers was not popular in the room. This is not hearsay, this was told to me directly.

Also look back at a recent game if you have it PVR'd. Notice how Lulay and Printers seldom spoke to each other. JJ was the guy giving guidance to either one of those guys.

Great move for now and the future.

NEXT MOVE : Hire Dave Dickenson in 2011 to be at least the OC or maybe Head Coach. Who better to improve our offence and tutor Lulay? How about DD for Head Coach and Damon Allen or Jeff Garcia for OC? That I would like to see!! :cheer: :cheer: :good: :good:
bclions16
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:I hope Casey gets on with another team, and honestly I can see him burning us. Within the right system, Casey is one of the top QB's in the league. Wally was just too stupid to move on from the crap Chapball we've employed. :bang:
I don't think CFL coaches and GMs will agree with you.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Maybe he'll latch on with the Omaha Nighthawks, that is if Garcia goes down....lol
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

I guess the 3 other Printers threads didn't rate for this Shakespearean rant. :dizzy:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

jerepeters wrote:Holy F%^*!!!!! what the damn it I am or have never been this pissed with a move that the BC Lions Have ever made till now Wally Buono your a FRICKEN JOKE I wanna use swear words but don't wanna loose my status as a rookie on here and respect other fans :shock: I renewed my Season tickets because I knew Casey Printers was gonna Be a BC Lions Player again I never saw issues with Casey even when he was last here the media I think made it worse I dunno I dunno what goes on behind closed doors but Frick the Lions Offensive line been good but how many times do the screw up too seeing how our QB's get hurt or scrambelling Travis Lulay come on now he make's me think he got some skills but I don't think he can be a quality QB we have not had a quality QB since Damon Allen and maybe Dickenson but to me Dickenson looked like a baby out there anyway focus Wally Buono you just lost my support :bang: BONEHEAD

So I'm confused; are you unhappy that Printers is gone?
jerepeters
Rookie

Yes I am so *frig* upset I don't get this pissed off is the word I been a BC Lions fan and have never been this pissed at a move the BC Lions have ever made :bang:
BC Lions Fan & Season Ticket holder since 2006
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Maybe he'll latch on with the Omaha Nighthawks, that is if Garcia goes down....lol
The only team that wants CP is Pauser's fantasy football team...
Spud387
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:
Spud387 wrote: I love how everything with you is "if." Ever come to think, hey he couldn't get it done? Guess what... Buck and DD could tear up this league too and LAST FOR YEARS if they got all of the protection in the world as you claim CP needs. The fact is that ain't gonna happen and he couldn't get it done with what he had. (and BP, DD couldn't keep healthy for the same reasons)
So why aren't JJ and Lulay cut too? They can't get it done with what they have either. Everyone keeps going on about how great JJ did in 07. Well, his numbers weren't THAT great, but his win percentage was. If you put CP on that team, I bet you he looks that much better as well. Since 07, JJ hasn't done much to show that he's a top notch QB in this league hence the reason he's been number 3 on the depth chart this year. And Lulay hasn't looked better than Casey at all this season.
I am not going to arguing as a comparison to how our other QBs have done. Honestly none of them have done really well all year. What I am saying is that you keep saying that under the right conditions he would be great. Guess what, under the right conditions our other QBs could be great too.
CMAC
Rookie

Its not what he did or did'nt do on the field,its what happens off the field that was his undoing.Good luck to him,see ya later :beer:
Leothelion
All Star

Well I was never a casey fan since 2004 and did not see him as an elite qb and i am sure he will never play in the cfl again, it is time to move on. Let us get behind lulay. He is a young qb getting better every game. Now with no one looking over his shoulder, he should be fine.

leo
The_Pauser
Legend

Spud387 wrote: I am not going to arguing as a comparison to how our other QBs have done. Honestly none of them have done really well all year. What I am saying is that you keep saying that under the right conditions he would be great. Guess what, under the right conditions our other QBs could be great too.
Agreed. I just think that Casey's a better QB than Lulay or Jackson. Under better conditions all 3 of them would be significantly better than they have shown to be. No argument there. I just want to see a team with the best personnel possible, and I think we shot ourselves in the foot here.
Roar you Lions roar!
Centrum22
Starter

swervynmerv wrote:
I have it on reliable info from a BC Lion player that Printers was not popular in the room. This is not hearsay, this was told to me directly.
But your statement to us is hearsay (assuming this is a court of law).