Lions and Bombers Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sasklionsfan
Rookie

Winnipeg shouldn't have even been able to get back in this game. Run in up the gut on 2nd and 4, I mean cmon. Missed holding on winnipegs final few drives. Casey printers barely generating any offense. Prevent defense that prevented us from winning. A blantant chop block on kalif mitchell, which I would have done the same thing as him. Its cheap and dirty, cutting a guy in the legs while he was engaged with another lineman. We beat ourselves today and the refs didn't help either. How can we expect to win ANY of the rest of our games if we can't even win a game in which we had a huge lead,how the hell do we expect to beat anybody in the league. If we can't beat the worst team leading 32-14 going into the 4th quarter, we don't deserve the last playoff spot :bang: I have seen this too many times, and if we don't win a playoff game, or miss the playoffs, changes need to be made. Wally needs to go, so does dorazio and chappy. I love wally, but he cannot see chappy for the crap that he is. He also doesn't see that the dorazio lead lines have been declining over the past 4 years :/ I may see him as a GM, but only if he doesn't get to manage the staff. Too many times now I've seen us give up these leads, and its making me lose faith in my lions. I'm not the only one either, as attendence at the games have gone a bunch since the first game against the riders. Next week there better be changes, or we will get annihilated by the riders in 3 weeks and the stamps in 2. I love this team to death, but it seems as of late that they hate me :dizzy:
Last edited by sasklionsfan on Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kamloops Lion
All Star

I am sick of all the Leo fans who jump on the refs and alleged missed calls.
It doesn't matter if the officials missed a dozen calls against Winnipeg.
The Lions snatched defeat from the jaws of victory all by themselves.
To start whining about this missed call and that missed call is pathetic.
Whether Mitchell was chop-blocked or not is besides the damn point (and it looks like the Bomber fell accidentally, but whatever). The point is: You keep your bloody cool, especially in OT, especially after your team has blown a 21-point lead in the final quarter and especially after you have seen your teammate, namely Davis Dumbass Sanhcez, contribute to the Winnipeg cause via his petulant immaturity.
This loss has almost done it for me with this f****ing team.
If it isn't goofballs who have the emotional maturity of a baby, it's Casey Printers illustrating for the umpteenth time he had one (ONE!) unbelievable year, SIX FRIGGING YEARS AGO, preceded and followed by nothing more remarkable than Kerwin Bell's career stats.
And if it ain't Printers showing again why he needs to be cut, it falls to Wally Buono and his coaching staff, for does not discipline and fortitude begin with the coaching staff?
How will Buono explain this collapse, which is directly related to players who simply cannot control their tempers?
What will Buono do to remedy the problem before next week's game against Edmonton, which I bet right now the Esks win comfortably?
Will he do the right thing and send Mitchell packing? Will be finally slot Printers at No. 3 and start the required exit process? Will he bring enough fire and brimstone to field a competitive and DISCIPLINED team next week?
I doubt it.
It's a sad, pathetic, damn day when a retrobate like Jonathan Hefney emerges as a choirboy after his disgraceful first half.
God help this team. God help me for caring.
Stargazer_Girl
Rookie

I can think of a few players who should join us at Football 101 Wednesday night.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Kamloops Lion wrote:I am sick of all the Leo fans who jump on the refs and alleged missed calls.
It doesn't matter if the officials missed a dozen calls against Winnipeg.
The Lions snatched defeat from the jaws of victory all by themselves.
To start whining about this missed call and that missed call is pathetic.
Whether Mitchell was chop-blocked or not is besides the damn point (and it looks like the Bomber fell accidentally, but whatever). The point is: You keep your bloody cool, especially in OT, especially after your team has blown a 21-point lead in the final quarter and especially after you have seen your teammate, namely Davis Dumbass Sanhcez, contribute to the Winnipeg cause via his petulant immaturity.
This loss has almost done it for me with this f****ing team.
If it isn't goofballs who have the emotional maturity of a baby, it's Casey Printers illustrating for the umpteenth time he had one (ONE!) unbelievable year, SIX FRIGGING YEARS AGO, preceded and followed by nothing more remarkable than Kerwin Bell's career stats.
And if it ain't Printers showing again why he needs to be cut, it falls to Wally Buono and his coaching staff, for does not discipline and fortitude begin with the coaching staff?
How will Buono explain this collapse, which is directly related to players who simply cannot control their tempers?
What will Buono do to remedy the problem before next week's game against Edmonton, which I bet right now the Esks win comfortably?
Will he do the right thing and send Mitchell packing? Will be finally slot Printers at No. 3 and start the required exit process? Will he bring enough fire and brimstone to field a competitive and DISCIPLINED team next week?
I doubt it.
It's a sad, pathetic, damn day when a retrobate like Jonathan Hefney emerges as a choirboy after his disgraceful first half.
God help this team. God help me for caring.
:beauty: :beauty:
You nailed it. What worries me even more is that the next game is in Five. Days.
Real women wear orange!!
sasklionsfan
Rookie

Are you kidding? Send mitchell packing? We don't have another player his caliber unless hunt comes back, plus the way he saw it he got clipped intentionally by a lineman. And its weird that we've gotten defensive tackles ejected 2 straight games at winnipeg, as stevie williams was ejected in last years game. If you read my entire post, I really blame the defense and the chap ball. Poor reffing is just the waxing on the big pile of crap we laid today. Casey couldn't get anything done, and our defense just seemed to collapse. This happened more than one in the last 5 games last year, and Im counting at least 3 times this year. But what really pissed me off was that we couldn't get a bloody first down when we needed it to close out the game. It makes me disappointed to be a lions fan this year.
zark
Champion

I'm sick of people who blame officials for effing up. They're part time employees. Guess what...you can take a course and apply ...but part time employees are just that. And I think they do a damn good job given their salaries and expectations.

I saw this on another thread...anyone who wants to blame the officiating can watch this video.

Like I said before ...it WAS a great game :yahoo:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
geroy_simon_081
Starter

All we had to do was win today and next week.
Instead we pissed away the win.
Selfish and flat out dumb.

Entertaining game, but also a comedy of errors.
No way we should have lost.
Rammer
Team Captain

geroy_simon_081 wrote:All we had to do was win today and next week.
Instead we pissed away the win.
Selfish and flat out dumb.

Entertaining game, but also a comedy of errors.
No way we should have lost.
Lions have found a way to lose a few times this season, good teams win games that they don't have any business winning, Lions are in the other category for 2010.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sasklionsfan
Rookie

It doesn't feel like games are as good if my lions lose :( Plus if my vikings lose today I will be borderline suicidal tonight :(
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

sasklionsfan wrote:It doesn't feel like games are as good if my lions lose :( Plus if my vikings lose today I will be borderline suicidal tonight :(
go jets :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheZeppo
Starter

CatsEyes wrote:
You nailed it. What worries me even more is that the next game is in Five. Days.
In your previous post, you said that you "didn't care anymore". If that is the case, why would you be
concerned about the date of the next game?
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Luke wrote:I'm not watching another game this year. I almost punched a hole in my sister's apartment I was so mad after Winnipeg hit the game-tying field goal. How can the team have any confidence left after that self-destruction? This season might as well be over.

We were given a gift because Paul LaPolice chose to start a rookie QB in the biggest game of the year, and we manage to let him off the hook. What a crock of *poop*. I hope this team loses every game for the rest of the year. They don't deserve a playoff spot after that performance.

I've never felt this angry after a football game.
sounds like you need anger management.

sports not worth getting so emotional about, specially anger.

I know, I have been there. Never did any good and detracted from enjoyment of the game as a whole.

I like it better when it doesnt matter so much. Sure I wanted BC to win, but winnipeg put on a show at the end, and I am glad to have been able to watch it.

Some people should take some valium before watching their teams play :wink:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Stargazer_Girl wrote:I can think of a few players who should join us at Football 101 Wednesday night.
I hope the coaches aren't giving the lecture
Gerry
Legend

BC did not deserve to win that game, or even have that much of a lead in the 4th. But the Bombers decided to gift wrap us a win and it looked like we might just say thank you and go home. But then someone got mixed up with the holiday. The Lions thought it was Christmas and decided to give a return gift to the Bombers.

Neither of these two teams deserve to be in the post season.
Enough is enough.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

TheZeppo wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:
In your previous post, you said that you "didn't care anymore". If that is the case, why would you be
concerned about the date of the next game?
You're right.
Real women wear orange!!