Embarassing

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

swervynmerv
Legend

Nothing else to say. Bad penalties, missed plays, terrible coaching. Absolutely no excuse for losing that game. 30 odd seconds left and you can't cover a punt!!

Casey Printers, you suck! 2004 IS HISTORY! This guy does not have it. He IS a veteran with NFL experience. He looked no better than Brink. Cut him now and go Jackson and Lulay. If he starts again I am done with this team!

Finish that game off and they basically clinch a playoff spot with a win at home next week.

Wally you have lost it retire now!!!!
Luke
All Star

swervynmerv wrote:Nothing else to say. Bad penalties, missed plays, terrible coaching. Absolutely no excuse for losing that game. 30 odd seconds left and you can't cover a punt!!

Casey Printers, you suck! 2004 IS HISTORY! This guy does not have it. He IS a veteran with NFL experience. He looked no better than Brink. Cut him now and go Jackson and Lulay. If he starts again I am done with this team!

Finish that game off and they basically clinch a playoff spot with a win at home next week.

:whs:
ziggy
Legend

Wally didn't take the stupid penalties. Wally didn't miss and easy int that went for a TD. Wally didn't throw an interception that ended the game. To me the team got up and thought it was in the bag. Professional athletes have to be more focused. Emotion cost us the game!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lions played like a bunch of turkeys in the 4th quarter and overtime.
zark
Champion

ziggy wrote:Wally didn't take the stupid penalties. Wally didn't miss and easy int that went for a TD. Wally didn't throw an interception that ended the game. To me the team got up and thought it was in the bag. Professional athletes have to be more focused. Emotion cost us the game!
I don't think you ever played team sports...especially after saying that comment. Wow.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Rodu
Champion

we took like 200 yards in penalties, most of which came from late in the third and fourth quarters
geroy_simon_081
Starter

This truly was embarassing.
The Lions outdid themselves from that loss to Hamilton a couple weeks ago.
Selfish penalties, lack of focus and just flat out brutal play cost us late in the game and OT.
hutch
Champion

ziggy wrote:Wally didn't take the stupid penalties. Wally didn't miss and easy int that went for a TD. Wally didn't throw an interception that ended the game. To me the team got up and thought it was in the bag. Professional athletes have to be more focused. Emotion cost us the game!
Wally made the decision to put Printers in and KEPT him in. That right there was the game. Printers is no better then Brink these days. Let him go already....
Area51
All Star

You said it yourself - - the team got overconfident in the 4thQ, lost focus and emotion. If that's not the job of the coach to keep the players focused for the full 60 mins I don't know what is. It's as if Buono just stands back and watches the train wreck unfold. Why even have a coach if he can't keep the team composed? Then again it's not exactly the first time Buono's team has found a way to come from ahead to lose.
Rammer
Team Captain

swervynmerv wrote:Nothing else to say. Bad penalties, missed plays, terrible coaching. Absolutely no excuse for losing that game. 30 odd seconds left and you can't cover a punt!!

Tough to come in cold and be the guy expected to win, but for those of you who are suggesting that this was Casey's fault, you are wrong. The Lions went into prevent a lose mode and then expected to see Casey make second and long with throws while his OL broke down. Then the D played prevent D, and all that does is prevent the wins in the CFL.

If you think about it, the Sanchez penalties are the ignition to the flame that came. His selfish play cost the Lions as the plays allowed the Bombers to get emotionally invested in the game, and the field position allowed for a single point to be given to the Bombers after the KO. That single point ended up being large in retrospect.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Ravi
Legend

hutch wrote:
Wally made the decision to put Printers in and KEPT him in. That right there was the game. Printers is no better then Brink these days. Let him go already....
Lulay threw a TD pass after he supposedly injured that finger. He was writing on the sidelines using that finger and he didn't have it iced or wrapped up. Wally won't admit this - and he would be a fool to do so - but I believe that he thought that the game was in the bag when he put Casey in at QB. They were up by 18 with 10 minutes to go and I believe that Wally thought that it was over. Sara Orlesky even reported as they began OT that Lulay could come back in to play.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

hutch wrote:
so, you are saying he shoulda put JJ in instead?

works for me.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
swervynmerv
Legend

Yes, many players made mistakes in this game that cost us the win. That being said, the buck stops at Wally who is GM. It was his decision to go with Printers as his #1.When he didn't work out, we were left with an inexperianced Lulay. Our D has improved, our Offence has got worse for three years straight.Name any team in the CFL who would not fire their coach/coaches with a record that has gotten worse over the past three seasons!
The_Pauser
Legend

I'm sorry but you people who are blaming Printers for this loss clearly don't know football. Ignoring the fact that it's difficult to come off the bench cold and light it up late in the game, there's also the fact that Printers wasn't the one taking penalties. Printers also doesn't play defense, special teams, or offensive line. But I'm getting the feeling that people on here expect him to do so.

Also,it's comical how much hate Casey gets on here considering he was playing well until late in that Hamilton game when he got hit by the fumble bug..which to that point wasn't something that we saw much of out of him. In addition, it's comical how people are calling for Jarious to come in when he put in by far the worst performance of any of our QBs all season in his opportunity. And finally, I can just as easily say that if Lulay had been more effective and put up more points in the first half of the game, we would have steamrolled Winnipeg.

Fact is, you can't really pin the loss on any QB tonight. There's a lot of things wrong with this football team and that was evident tonight. It's just frustrating to see people pin it on Casey when logic suggests it wasn't his fault.
Roar you Lions roar!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote: Lulay threw a TD pass after he supposedly injured that finger. He was writing on the sidelines using that finger and he didn't have it iced or wrapped up. Wally won't admit this - and he would be a fool to do so - but I believe that he thought that the game was in the bag when he put Casey in at QB. They were up by 18 with 10 minutes to go and I believe that Wally thought that it was over. Sara Orlesky even reported as they began OT that Lulay could come back in to play.
That is just speculation. In the past when the Lions had a insurmountable lead, Buono would continue playing his starter til there were only minutes left in the game.