Fantuz Flakes

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

orangegloves
Starter

WOW!! I didnt think it was possible but I am now beyond sick and tired of the marketing of this football club! I was reading in the Sun this morning that Fantuz Flakes are now available throughout western Canada. Ok I get it, the Riders have a huge following because so many people who grew up in the province have left becauase there are no jobs there, and the climate sucks so why not sell them in Western Canada. But come on, how much longer are we going to have to deal with seeing there marketing and merchandise all over the place? Last winter it was the World Juniors with their "green" jersey. This summer it is the mint of Canada with their 100 year coin. Now this!!

I'm just wondering if anyone else is as sick and tired as I am about the green marketing machine? I get it when somethine is hot do what ever you can to make as much money as you possibly can. I think I learned that in my marketing 101 class. But do they have to shove it down everyone's throat? Hell even the Canucks and Maple Laughs aren't this bad!! Even the Seahawks from the all mighty NFL are as bad as this!! I'm just saying.

Got a problem with that?
Stargazer_Girl
Rookie

Well, when the brand makes it onto your country's currency (the Riders loonie), I think it's a little over the top.

Shelion has a few suggestions for the redesign of the Fantuz Flakes box. :wink:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

I think if we had a Geroy Simon Flakes cereal, nobody would be complaining. The Riders made money last year because of their marketing, both of the team and team related products. It's a business.

Did the Lions make money in 2009 ( or as much as they could have )? Do the Lions market as well as they should?
ziggy
Legend

I hear they may start a lawn fertilizing company franchise. Rider Pride manure delivery. "BS is our business".
joe kapp22
Legend

Hmm, we could come up with BC players products:

The Brett Johnson Knee Replacement Device..made in Hamilton?

The Casey Pritners Butterfingers Bar?

The Chapball Ball, it is flat, and barely moves, think of it as a test of wills.

The Mike Benevides Rear View mirror, Assistant Coaches are closer than they may appear?

The Wally Buono Apple and Map Travel Bag?
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

I thought it was the name of his fanclub.
Rammer
Team Captain

ed_lunsford wrote:Hmm, we could come up with BC players products:

The Chapball Ball, it is flat, and barely moves, think of it as a test of wills.

The Mike Benevides Rear View mirror, Assistant Coaches are closer than they may appear?

:beauty: Well done.
Entertainment value = an all time low
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

ed_lunsford wrote:Hmm, we could come up with BC players products:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

We could also market Soll-E pancake mix ;)
Lion Guy wrote:I thought it was the name of his fanclub.
:beauty: :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Shelion
Champion

:rotf:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

http://www.globalsaskatoon.com/sports/F ... story.html

Anything that promotes the CFL is a good thing.

This story also says a portion of the profits goes to their Childrens Hospital Foundation. How is that annoying? That sort of thing is a good thing.

The Riders are a successful business. How is that bad? Toronto has been killing the image of the CFL and before that it was Hamilton and before that Ottawa. To me those are the bad things.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
sasklionsfan
Rookie

Its not that their making money, its that most people with riders merch are just trying to fit in, and know very little about their team. Most rider "fans" I know don't even watch their games, and only care if they won or lost :( I just hate this overrated pos team. Its annoying being a lions fan in saskatchewan, especially since I was born here. So stop making fun of people here, the only stupid annoying people here are rider fans :bang: If the riders having 2-3 losing seasons in a row, you will see the merch sales and attendance go down to 18-20k people. Most of the revenue is from the recent success of the riders in the past couple years. And really winnipeg and edmonton are the only franchises that have never been in trouble of tanking, whether it be the als/concordes of the 80s, riders of the 80s, lions of the 90s, Eastern riders of the 90s, and the three ontario franchises in the past decade. It makes me sick that one of the worst teams in cfl history has the biggest fanbase. Especially the tainthole that is called Regina. The only reason for me to even go there is to see the labour day classic and any bc-rider games there, otherwise I usually avoid it like the plague :/ And fantuz doesn't deserve to have his own cereal, ffs, this is going to be the first season he hasn't spent a majority on the IR, plus I hate ontario ...... Flutie flakes were probably better anyways :P
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Feel better? ;)
Real women wear orange!!
Gerry
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:http://www.globalsaskatoon.com/sports/F ... story.html

Anything that promotes the CFL is a good thing.

This story also says a portion of the profits goes to their Childrens Hospital Foundation. How is that annoying? That sort of thing is a good thing.

The Riders are a successful business. How is that bad? Toronto has been killing the image of the CFL and before that it was Hamilton and before that Ottawa. To me those are the bad things.
I totally agree. More power to them. If it doesn't sell in Vancouver, the stores here won't stock it. If it does, that's fine by me as well.
Enough is enough.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

For sure this is the post of the week. This needs to be posted over at Rider fans. :beauty:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:
For sure this is the post of the week. This needs to be posted over at Rider fans. :beauty:
His fan cub is restricted to 13 members.