Dave Dickenson for head coach.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:I don't think DD is ready to be a head coach YET... but I also don't see Huff ready to hang it up anytime soon. So maybe the best thing is for DD to continue to apprentice under Huff (who right now is probably the BEST head coach in the CFL) for a season or two more THEN when he's ready he comes to BC as HC. Wally either steps aside after this season (personally I don't see that happening) or he turns over the reigns to Benevides or Stubler after 2011 Grey Cup, and if they stumble WB (the GM) cans his in-house replacement and hires DD to coach the 2013 BC Lions.
Sounds like a very possible scenario.

Benny, buh buh buh, Benny ...

# 1 candidate it would seem, either next year, or the year after. Who knows how he would be as HC? Unknown quantity. Wally was kind of like that when he got his chance in Calgary. I like Benny, but his track record is not all that stellar.

It's Braley's team as owner. But it sure seems a lot more like Wally's team.
David
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Rammer wrote:For the first time this season, I see noway for the Lions to win this game. The 9 game Stamps winning streak is done for a reason, and the Lions aren't going into this at full tilt, nor are they healthy enough. This will be a blowout on the road, Stamps plus 24 points. Wally just hasn't really tried to accomplish anything different against the Stamps offensively to make me a believer, Stamps know our O probably better than we do, and certainly better than our OL.
I see a lot of ways for the Lions to win this game.

First, B.C.'s offence is getting better each week. The Lions are averaging 35 points in their past four games. Calgary has given up an average of 39 points in their past two games against teams not named the Eskimos, and their pass defence is last in the league at preventing the deep pass, a Casey Printers specialty.

Second, B.C.'s offensive line will start the same players for the third straight week. Calgary's defensive line has lost two starters to injury.

Third, Henry Burris throughout his career has struggled more against Toronto and B.C. than any other teams, and he will be without the injured Nik Lewis this week. Burris has thrown 14 interceptions this year, second only to Darian Durant's 15. B.C.'s defence is best in the league at defending against the long pass and second best overall (after Winnipeg) against the pass.

Finally, it seems all streaks must come to an end this year. B.C.'s nine-game home winning streak against Montreal ended. B.C. ended Montreal's 13-game home winning streak. Calgary has won eight straight games against B.C., defying the law of averages. The Lions are due.

Will B.C. win the game? I have no idea. But there are lots of reasons to hope.
I agree.

Also, for whatever reason, the Leos seem to play better on the road. Robertson draws back into the line-up and I like the stability and veteran presence that he provides. Now in his third game back, Lumbala will be lead blocking for him. :thup:

The key will be how well the two newcomers fare in the interior of the defensive line. If they can't plug the middle on Reynolds and/or put pressure on Burris, the Stamps should win rather easily. But the line is Stamps by 10.5 points - that's a lot of points. I think this game will be closer than that.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Leothelion
All Star

as long as Wally moves upstairs, I would endorse anybody! but I would like Dave to move here. he still has a house and that would not be a problem. He has always said he only wants to coach and play in bc and calgary.

leo
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:
Rammer wrote:For the first time this season, I see noway for the Lions to win this game. The 9 game Stamps winning streak is done for a reason, and the Lions aren't going into this at full tilt, nor are they healthy enough. This will be a blowout on the road, Stamps plus 24 points. Wally just hasn't really tried to accomplish anything different against the Stamps offensively to make me a believer, Stamps know our O probably better than we do, and certainly better than our OL.
I see a lot of ways for the Lions to win this game.

First, B.C.'s offence is getting better each week. The Lions are averaging 35 points in their past four games. Calgary has given up an average of 39 points in their past two games against teams not named the Eskimos, and their pass defence is last in the league at preventing the deep pass, a Casey Printers specialty.

Second, B.C.'s offensive line will start the same players for the third straight week. Calgary's defensive line has lost two starters to injury.

Third, Henry Burris throughout his career has struggled more against Toronto and B.C. than any other teams, and he will be without the injured Nik Lewis this week. Burris has thrown 14 interceptions this year, second only to Darian Durant's 15. B.C.'s defence is best in the league at defending against the long pass and second best overall (after Winnipeg) against the pass.

Finally, it seems all streaks must come to an end this year. B.C.'s nine-game home winning streak against Montreal ended. B.C. ended Montreal's 13-game home winning streak. Calgary has won eight straight games against B.C., defying the law of averages. The Lions are due.

Will B.C. win the game? I have no idea. But there are lots of reasons to hope.
Shameless bump. :wink:
Not many people would have predicted the way this game went, but the Lions proved they can be as good as anybody. They're 3-1 in their past four and playing with confidence. It's a long season and anything can happen.