Derrick Armstrong released

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

LionSuperFan
Rookie

the lions have also released LB Mike Johnson it dosen't appear to be posted anywhere, thought he looked good on ST but injured and Adam Leonard moved in I guess wally liked him better
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I have no idea how Wilson keeps his job out there.
Neither do I. And if you were going to move a guy out in favor of a rookie with speed, this is the change that should have been made, frankly.
ik17
Rookie

Wilson hasn't been too bad. Keep in mind that he has a Canadian so cutting him wasn't really an option. That and he probably has half the salary or less that Armstrong did. I'm sure were going to use the extra cap space for some airlifts... Which looks like it could include either stefan Logan or Martell mallett.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Passmore will drop the ball at least once tomorrow night sure as god made little green apples.
And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summer time, either.
The_Pauser
Legend

Something tells me the only reason we're playing Passmore is because he reminds Chapdelaine about what his offense strategy actually is. Oh Jacques...you forgetful one you.....
Roar you Lions roar!
Blitz
Team Captain

The_Pauser wrote:Something tells me the only reason we're playing Passmore is because he reminds Chapdelaine about what his offense strategy actually is. Oh Jacques...you forgetful one you.....
Passmore won't be as good as Armstrong but he does have speed and good practice habits so that's a plus. I really believe we should have waited until the bye week to bring Passmore in..and Armstrong was released as a message by doing it this week..

I also believe we could and should have kept Armstrong and gone with four import receivers. If we're not going to change the offensive structure, then we have to have superior talent.

I'm not sure going with a 33 year old tailback is the answer. I really think we have better options. One option would be to go with Sherko at guard and drop an import on the offensive line. The second would be to go with an all Canadian backfield. Heck...if we wanted to..we could do both and go with five import receivers. If we're going to be a pass oriented offence, you might as well utilize your personell to coincide with your ofrensive philosophy.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Blitz wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Something tells me the only reason we're playing Passmore is because he reminds Chapdelaine about what his offense strategy actually is. Oh Jacques...you forgetful one you.....
Passmore won't be as good as Armstrong but he does have speed and good practice habits so that's a plus. I really believe we should have waited until the bye week to bring Passmore in..and Armstrong was released as a message by doing it this week..

I also believe we could and should have kept Armstrong and gone with four import receivers. If we're not going to change the offensive structure, then we have to have superior talent.

I'm not sure going with a 33 year old tailback is the answer. I really think we have better options. One option would be to go with Sherko at guard and drop an import on the offensive line. The second would be to go with an all Canadian backfield. Heck...if we wanted to..we could do both and go with five import receivers. If we're going to be a pass oriented offence, you might as well utilize your personell to coincide with your ofrensive philosophy.
I especially agree with you about the offence needing to be suited to the players or get the players to suit the offence. Lions aren't doing either very well right now.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

FTR, the Armstrong release doesn't make any sense to me.

An offensive unit that's really struggling, so you release a productive member from the aforementioned unit. Does not compute.
David
Team Captain

Lions4ever wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Passmore will drop the ball at least once tomorrow night sure as god made little green apples.
And there's no such thing as Dr. Seuss or Disneyland and Mother Goose, no nursery rhymes as well.

(some people will have absolutely no idea what we're on about :wink:).

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Lionsfan1976
All Star

Lame.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote:

IMHO, dropping Olafioye would be a step backwards in our short yardage game and we'd be back to where we were last year.......it's no surprise that Jarious Jackson seemed to have no problem in short yardage when he dove behind Olafioye and Randolph last game......in fact, on one of those, he dove and fell down on his own, as the path had been completely cleared in front of him.

I also agree that if Robertson doesn't show anything against the Riders, than a change is in order as it's a waste of an import position......particularly with the likes of Lee, Messam and Harris on the roster.......I would prefer to see more 2 NI back, 4 import receiver sets.......although I have to admit concern about the blocking abilities of Lee.

Another option is more emphasis on twin tight end sets (Messam & Lee).......this would help counter act the Riders unpredictable blitzing schemes and help out the young o-line.
Lloyd
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Lions4ever wrote:
And there's no such thing as Dr. Seuss or Disneyland and Mother Goose, no nursery rhymes as well.

(some people will have absolutely no idea what we're on about :wink:).

DH
God didn't make little green apples
And it don't snow in Minneapolis when the winter comes
And there's no such thing as make believe
Puppy dogs, autumn leaves and BB guns :wink: