Game Day Thread - Lions @ Eskimos July 30, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rodu
Champion

TheLionKing wrote:
Rodu wrote:o line gave no protection all night long
That's partial because the Eskimos know we are one dimensional offence. They don't have to respect the run. They just pin their ears back and rush the quarterback.
true, Chap is part to blame for O-line play with bad calling, but there is also a severe lack of talent
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:
Lion_Pride_26 wrote: So Edmonton has a better record than us? They're 1-4, we're 1-4. 1-3 Hamilton plays in Saskatchewan tomorrow.
Who won tonight?
Season series is tied.
And what is the tie breaker in that case?

I made an accurate comment. You want to argue semantics. Right, then.
zark
Champion

The Semantics were an ancient civilization who were wiped out because of their inability to figure out what the heck the Romans were talking about. I don't quite know what the heck that has anything to do with football.
Don't get me started on the ancient phacetions...famous last words to the Romans..."yea...you and what army..."
It's boring football. :sleep: :sleep:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

zark wrote:The Semantics were an ancient civilization who were wiped out because of their inability to figure out what the heck the Romans were talking about. I don't quite know what the heck that has anything to do with football.
Don't get me started on the ancient phacetions...famous last words to the Romans..."yea...you and what army..."
It's boring football. :sleep: :sleep:
Post of the year.

Signed, Uncle Julius.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I hate it when coaches start to do the math with 7 or 8 min. left in a game . There are too many possible scoring combinations with that much time left to go for 2 point conversions. But in the end it didn't matter.

Can't totally fault Lulay for the outcome as he did not get enough time in the pocket tonight. Too bad the OC doesn't know how to call a roll out or draw play or make adjustments.

It is going to be a long unsuccessful season so I will enjoy watching the development of the Lion's rookies and sophomores but I just can't stand the play calling.

IMO GM Wally made some improvements in player personnel this year. While it is highly unlikely that he will make any coaching changes in mid season, if the lions can eek out another 10 or 12 loses he might just have to make a CHANGE IN OC FOR NEXT YEAR.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Football is an enjoyable game to watch, win or lose. I will continue to watch, and will even make a pilgrimage to the City whose name rhymes with Fun to see them play the mighty Stubblejumpers.

This team is a work in progress; rebuilding is a long, painful process. Are these the right coaches? Are these the right players? Are these the right schemes?

Time will tell. But those of us that love the game will watch regardless of outcome, and we will speak our minds regardless. We pay to see them play, and that earns the right to analyze in this Forum.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

SM, you're trying to make the argument that we're the worst team in the league. I'm saying the season series is even (between BC and Edmonton) at this point and we, technically, are NOT the worst team in the league.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

ed_lunsford wrote: If one wishes for other positives, Davis for Jordan worked wonderfully well.
Only on one play. He was dropping and misplaying balls til that return.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

There are some quirks in this seasons schedule, IMO. We've played the Eskimos TWICE already in Edmonton. Our next two home games are against the Stamps.

As for tonights game, I think both these teams are still going to be struggling. Neither teams Offence did enough to win, IMO. The Eskimos D did enough to win.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:SM, you're trying to make the argument that we're the worst team in the league. I'm saying the season series is even (between BC and Edmonton) at this point and we, technically, are NOT the worst team in the league.
In your opinion.

The BC Lions just lost to an 0-4 team, and both are now 1-4; the Esks won, not the Lions. Hamilton does not play until tomorrow, and they are 1-3 at this moment, not 1-4.

You can argue technicalities till the cows run home to Regina, but the fact remains that the Lions are the worst team in this League...at this moment.

The Lions could be a a better or even good football team in some weeks, but right now, the bottom of the barrel is right here.

In my opinion.
Rammer
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:
Lion_Pride_26 wrote:SM, you're trying to make the argument that we're the worst team in the league. I'm saying the season series is even (between BC and Edmonton) at this point and we, technically, are NOT the worst team in the league.
In your opinion.

The BC Lions just lost to an 0-4 team, and both are now 1-4; the Esks won, not the Lions. Hamilton does not play until tomorrow, and they are 1-3 at this moment, not 1-4.

You can argue technicalities till the cows run home to Regina, but the fact remains that the Lions are the worst team in this League...at this moment.

The Lions could be a a better or even good football team in some weeks, but right now, the bottom of the barrel is right here.

In my opinion.
It really doesn't matter which of three teams is the worst, IMO. Right now none of the three are a threat to make the playoffs, but one will, and take that a step further and none one of Ham/Edm/BC look like a GC consideration, let alone contender. So all in all the Lions may as well blow it up, oh wait they have done that, what to do next?

Did you answer Coaching or GM?
Entertainment value = an all time low