Eskimos 28 - Lions 25 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Alright....you know what? I'm trying to focus on what to do with my life. I'm not going to get sucked into this. If you guys want to complain about the Lions, go ahead. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'll always be a Lions fan, but I don't like getting upset over a loss.

The sun will come up tomorrow. The sky is not falling, and it's a long season. My butt will be at Empire Field on August 7, rain or shine.

On an unrelated note, I'm done with this site. I was just about sold by the "Another Anti CFL sports channel" thread, but I'm done now. Life and sports are dramatic enough, this forum is putting me over the edge.

Keep cheering on the Lions, take care.
Last edited by Lion_Pride_26 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Remind me who 44 is?

Oh, the new linebacker? yes.. he made some good hits.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

If I'd known the Lions would have:
1. Converted a 2nd&1 via a 69yd dash
2. Returned a kickoff for a touchdown
3. Stuffed the Esks in a monster goal-line stand
4. Had a defensive TD via an interception
I would have guessed the Lions win in a romp.

I hate watching the Lions lose. The loss still outweighs those highlights. I think 2 of the 3 are doing enough to win, NOW its the Offences time to step up. This BC defence looks nasty, I'm hoping its not all I have to look forward to because they will get worn out/down.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:If I'd known the Lions would have:
1. Converted a 2nd&1 via a 69yd dash
2. Returned a kickoff for a touchdown
3. Stuffed the Esks in a monster goal-line stand
4. Had a defensive TD via an interception
I would have guessed the Lions win in a romp.
Wow.

Those are those 4 or 5 big plays that win games. Usually. I thought our O game plan was back to square one tonight. As I have noted above.

Good teams find ways to win ... and vice versa, et cetera.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

D wrote:I saud it last week I'll say it again ..... snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory :bang:

it's a good thing the season is a war on not just 2 or 3 battles ... this team is better than this
Not under the present coaching cabal we have here presently Derek

Sorry D but it not going to get better until some major changes at the top are made and that doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
zark
Champion

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:Alright....you know what? I'm trying to focus on what to do with my life. I'm not going to get sucked into this. If you guys want to complain about the Lions, go ahead. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'll always be a Lions fan, but I don't like getting upset over a loss.

The sun will come up tomorrow. The sky is not falling, and it's a long season. My butt will be at Empire Field on August 7, rain or shine.

On an unrelated note, I'm done with this site. I was just about sold by the "Another Anti CFL sports channel" thread, but I'm done now. Life and sports are dramatic enough, this forum is putting me over the edge.

Keep cheering on the Lions, take care.

Have another beer and relax. You'll be back. :roar:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:

But I will put this game on the offence. We did not have a good enough game plan.
That's been the storyline for the last couple of seasons.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:Remind me who 44 is?

Oh, the new linebacker? yes.. he made some good hits.
Adam Leonard
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, and about that punt from their 44 yard line, on third and one ... I didn't like that. Just because you might fail, and just because your short yardage package is horrible, you still have to go for it.

And you might want to see if you can liberate the short yardage package. If it requires a consultant to do so, then it should be done. But, if it requires a consultant to do so, then perhaps the coaching staff needs modernizing.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Lion ... story.html

Some excerpts from the article by Gary Kingston ...
Is it execution mistakes? A lack of creativity from play caller Jacques Chapdelaine, the beleagured offensive co-ordinator?
"It's the same old stuff, right?" said Lions' head coach Wally Buono. "You've got to not make mistakes . . . whether it's a holding call, a missed audible, hanging on to the football too long. These are all things in a close game that eventually catch up to you.

"The quarterback is too inconsistent and, until that corrects itself, it's going to be tough.

"You're in field goal range, we're going for the first down, but if it's not there you've got to be smart. I guess you pay the price for inexperience."
"same od stuff, right?" Yes. Same plays. Same calls. Same no rollout. Same no hot read. Same no anti-blitz package. Same no running game. But Wally puts it on the players, on the execution.
"It's crisis mode every week," said Buono. "That's the nature of our business. Are we going to cut half the team?

"I guess we can do that," he said, before adding facetiously, "then we'll probably be 8-1."
Crisis, What Crisis? Wally's job is safe. Braley has said publicly that Wally has a job for life.

"Are we going to cut half the team?" Certainly not. In the opinion of this fan, the poor state of the team is not from lack of effort or talent on the part of the players. But it is from outdated, predictable, inadequate preparation and game plans. In other words, it is on the coaches, the coaches who chose the players, who train the players, who give them their assignments. And it is not on the assistant coaches so much as it is on the Head Coach. IMO ...
Buono did not address the club after the game, choosing to let his captains speak. "After a while you get tired of standing up there and facing them. Let them face each other."

But he was angry when reporters were told that.

"See that's the problem," he said, his teeth clenching. "Things should be kept internally. Everybody wants to do everybody else's job. Just do your own damn job and get on with it."
Well, Wally should talk to the team after a horrific loss like that. That is his job. Face the music. Don't farm it out to the captains. IMO not talking to them is unacceptable. To me, it is an abdication of responsibility.
Defensive back Korey Banks said he got into the lockerroom late and just caught the tail end of the captains speaking.

"I just heard a bunch of cussin' What can you do? I just turned it off. That ain't what football is all about."
I agree. Hearing those captains speak in place of their Head Coach is not what football is all about.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

"It's the same old stuff, right?" said Lions' head coach Wally Buono. "You've got to not make mistakes . . . whether it's a holding call, a missed audible, hanging on to the football too long. These are all things in a close game that eventually catch up to you.

A missed audible??????? :ref:

I thought he said we didn't audible
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:

A missed audible??????? :ref:

I thought he said we didn't audible
Obviously a slip of the tongue WCBF. We all know that audibles don't work according to the CFL's winningst coach so it must be true. Shhh don't tell that to Anthony Calvillo. :wink:
ducepot
Rookie

:dizzy: :tp: That had to be one of the worst games that I have ever seen,the offencive play calling was atrocious, three plays in a roll,even knew where the ball was going and I was watching on TV,unless CHAPBALL is GONE the lions will not win another game,Wally for the ake of the FANS ,GET RID of CHAPBALL :pray:
lion24
Legend

It is hard to pin anything on the defence so far as they added to the point total but some pretty awful tackling is coming back again. But when you score a pick six and make a goalline stand they did their part. Really dissapointing to see the lack of anything form the offense as you just never trust they can come back so far this season. Oh well lots of swearing again at the TV this season :bang:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP