Game Day Thread - Lions @ Eskimos July 30, 2010

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lion_Pride_26
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
Centrum22 wrote:Two and out by Edmonton.

Okay, one last chance Lions.

Too bad we can't win with a field goal due to Wally's decision to go for a two point conversion.
Not so sure about that. If we get one on that convert then Edmonton would have gone for two themselves (being up 27-26 with the convert to come on their major).

But the decision to go for two on our part was wrong-headed to be sure. What does 27-21 do for you at that stage of the game that 26-21 doesn't? :dizzy:
What if Edmonton gets a touchdown and misses the extra point? That's what Wally was thinking.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Boy, hard to know what to say other than our offense is stale. It seems that most teams know how to defend against us and it bites us again and again. Also, does it appears to others that our receiving corp is slow? For the most part it appears as though defenders are with our receivers step for step most plays. It looks to be a long season.
Unfortunately we're stuck seeing the same old "offence" for another 13 games. :bang:
joe kapp22
Legend

Centrum22 wrote:Moral of the story: If you are the worst team in the league and you need a must-win, just play the Lions. They will help you out.

Exit question: Are the Lions the new Argonauts?
A fair question, the Qb play is just awful.

I will stick by an earlier statement, Game #6 is when things should come together if not, heads should roll on the Staff.

Granted, a knee jerk reaction after a loss, however the same game has been played for a month straight, D plays well, O plays terrible, All Star Wr's who for whatever reason are not scoring TD's.
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Centrum22 wrote:Moral of the story: If you are the worst team in the league and you need a must-win, just play the Lions. They will help you out.

Exit question: Are the Lions the new Argonauts?
Yup. Free spot on the bingo card. I'm just glad I got to watch this team in 05, 06 and 07 when they had heart and fire. I miss the Carl Kidd/Barrin Simpson/Otis Floyd kind of fire.
Real women wear orange!!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

You knew the Esks would be tough.

Lulay still with raw rookie bad decisions which is not a good sign at all.

In FG range, INTs off bad decisions. He has been here long enough to know he must protect the football. Where oh where is Jarius.. To me he doesnt' need to throw 65 yards, he just needs to protect the ball - if he is not hurt worse.

Does he toss balls in practice? JJ that is?

Reilly would be a disaster that Wally knows won't work. That is real old school ruining of QBs to play them early.
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:Toss Reily into the next game, seriously Lulay is cow flop.
Gotcha. :hypno:

Two games defines a CFL career. Throw a dude who's a week off the streets to the wolves.

Rash decisions based off emotions, never good.
They are allowed to vent; their team is officially the worst in the CFL.

And you will allow that process. Or post elsewhere.
nelson95
Legend

Wrong whiners, the offense is the worst in the CFL. The D deserves ++++ accolades except Crawford who should be booted off the plane

Sanchez, MacKenzie and Banks had great games

I have no answers for the O. Fire Chps, start JJ????
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
joe kapp22
Legend

Hawkballer 14 wrote:

Two games defines a CFL career. Throw a dude who's a week off the streets to the wolves.

Yep, what is it 4 or 5 Int's in those two games? how many in the 4th qtr? How many led to points directly, either FG's or TD's?

What field positions did he surrender and how many points did it create for our opponents via field position?

Riddle me this, what was the difference between the loss to the Argos, and the loss to the winless Esks?

Rhetorically speaking..nothing at all, both games Lulay turned the ball over in the 4th qtr, and it either led to a TD, or iced the game for the opponents.

Do we need a third screening of the same film to rationalize a bit more on why "next time I see this same film, the outcome will be different?"
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
Hawkballer 14 wrote:

So Edmonton has a better record than us? They're 1-4, we're 1-4. 1-3 Hamilton plays in Saskatchewan tomorrow.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Solar Max wrote:They are allowed to vent; their team is officially the worst in the CFL.

Never said they couldn't.

Your GTFO attitude is totally unnecessary, mod's should be above that.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote: So Edmonton has a better record than us? They're 1-4, we're 1-4. 1-3 Hamilton plays in Saskatchewan tomorrow.
Who won tonight?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:They are allowed to vent; their team is officially the worst in the CFL.

Never said they couldn't.

Your GTFO attitude is totally unnecessary, mod's should be above that.
PM sent.
joe kapp22
Legend

nelson95 wrote:Wrong whiners, the offense is the worst in the CFL. The D deserves ++++ accolades except Crawford who should be booted off the plane

Sanchez, MacKenzie and Banks had great games

I have no answers for the O. Fire Chps, start JJ????
I doubt JJ can start, if he could, why start Lulay?

That is why I mentioned starting Reily, if JJ could play by all means, put him into the game.

I just think his shoulder has not recovered.

If one wishes for other positives, Davis for Jordan worked wonderfully well.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Hawkballer 14 wrote:

Technically, we're still in 3rd place on point differential. Edm needed to beat us by 16 to climb out of the basement.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Solar Max wrote:
Lion_Pride_26 wrote: So Edmonton has a better record than us? They're 1-4, we're 1-4. 1-3 Hamilton plays in Saskatchewan tomorrow.
Who won tonight?
Season series is tied.