Game Day Thread - Lions @ Argos

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

For the second straight week, the Lions lost a winnable game as a result of a dropped pass and a Robertson fumble in scoring position. That cost them the momentum and their confidence. Mental errors are killing them. They need to regroup and refocus.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

rareair wrote:I have said for 3 years Wally is done...glad to see a few others are onboard!
And yet Wally is still our coach. How odd.
hwgill
Legend

Suddenly the Lions can catch in traffic? How many did Arceneaux drop? How many did Armstrong drop? Suddenly Armstrong catches the ball surrounded by Argos? What a f***ing joke.

I'm actually glad we're at Empire this year, now I have another reason not to go to the games. The coaching is absolutely pathetic on offense and special teams. Defense is the only bright spot so far.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Lulay fell apart in the 3rd, and became worse in the 4th...incompetent even. Two, three picks he threw tonight?

Arceneux drops easy passes, Armstrong drops easy ones, Simon only makes one catch the entire game? Paris drops most of the balls thrown his way? Is the entire recieving corp f'd up?
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:I had such faith at the half. The argos adjusted. We did not. Why does this team vex me so. This game had so many moments that could've been game breakers, that weren't because of sheer stupidity and lack of discipline.
That's been the Lions' trait for the past several years. Outcoached again. Other teams adjust, the Lions can't or won't. Wonder who Buono is going to cut this week ?
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Larry Key wrote:That drop by Manny was the turning point IMO. Steven Black or Darious Passmore please?
Man did you have this post nailed tonight LK!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:I had such faith at the half. The argos adjusted. We did not. Why does this team vex me so. This game had so many moments that could've been game breakers, that weren't because of sheer stupidity and lack of discipline.
That's been the Lions' trait for the past several years. Outcoached again. Other teams adjust, the Lions can't or won't. Wonder who Buono is going to cut this week ?
Geroy Simon, Manny Arceneaux, O'Neil Wilson, Paris Jackson.

For starters.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
hwgill
Legend

Centrum22 wrote:It is an unfortunate ending for what started out as a great game for Lulay. If it was not for Arceneaux's inexcusable dropped pass and Robert's fumble, the interceptions would be forgotten. But since the interceptions came at the end of the game, the loss will be in large part put on Lulay.
Gee...that sounds so familiar...switch to the last game of the season last year, and Printers was in the same position.

Ahhh, the smell of hypocrisy...lol
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:
Lulay fell apart in the 3rd, and became worse in the 4th...incompetent even. Two, three picks he threw tonight?
So the question is: who is worse? Casey or Travis?

I'm betting Casey is the bigger liability, but to be fair neither of them has a receiver that knows how to play the game.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Solar Max wrote:Geroy Simon, Manny Arceneaux, O'Neil Wilson, Paris Jackson.

For starters.

Yeah, cause impulsive personnel decisions bodes so well for future success. :hypno:
Rammer
Team Captain

ed_lunsford wrote:
Rammer wrote:
ed_lunsford wrote:And Lulay throws into double coverage for the INT.

I hope Casey Printers heals quickly.
Sorry, but for the second time in the game Geroy didn't go for the ball at its peak, he was waiting for the hip pocket pass and that just isn't good enough for our highest paid receiver.
Because the ball not only was underthrown, it was thrown into double coverage, Simon was bracketed, that pass never should have been thrown.

Lulay fell apart in the 4th qtr, that pick 6 was a terrible decision as well.
Only one back to worry about on that throw, and Geroy should have gone up to secure that ball. He is a top receiver and has to go and get a ball that close, not wait for the smooth look reception off of his hip. Sorry, but all too often Geroy goes for style points vs securing the ball, that was twice tonight that he could have gained significant yardage had he done so.
Entertainment value = an all time low
hwgill
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Only one back to worry about on that throw, and Geroy should have gone up to secure that ball. He is a top receiver and has to go and get a ball that close, not wait for the smooth look reception off of his hip. Sorry, but all too often Geroy goes for style points vs securing the ball, that was twice tonight that he could have gained significant yardage had he done so.
I gotta agree, there was no reason Simon couldn't have pulled in that pass, he's done it before, and if he had, it would have been a TD.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Geroy Simon, Manny Arceneaux, O'Neil Wilson, Paris Jackson.

For starters.

Yeah, cause impulsive personnel decisions bodes so well for future success. :hypno:
You missed the part about irony when you were in English class at Mouat, no doubt.

Fool all of the people some of the time Matt. Hey, whatever works for ya.
Centrum22
Starter

Total nightmare for the Lions. Empire Field should be really packed next home game. Yeah, that's sarcasm.

The Argos are becoming the little team that could.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Solar Max wrote:You missed the part about irony when you were in English class at Mouat, no doubt.

Fool all of the people some of the time Matt. Hey, whatever works for ya.
Again. Not related to JC. :bang:

Dead horse, meet stick. :clown:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

hwgill wrote:Suddenly the Lions can catch in traffic? How many did Arceneaux drop? How many did Armstrong drop? Suddenly Armstrong catches the ball surrounded by Argos? What a f***ing joke.

I'm actually glad we're at Empire this year, now I have another reason not to go to the games. The coaching is absolutely pathetic on offense and special teams. Defense is the only bright spot so far.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Arceneux drops easy passes, Armstrong drops easy ones, Simon only makes one catch the entire game? Paris drops most of the balls thrown his way? Is the entire recieving corp f'd up?
Ummm did you mean Wilson instead of Armstrong? The only time Armstrong saw the ball was for the last 2 throws of the game. I recall Arceneaux dropping at least 2, Paris at least 2 and Wilson at least 2

.inexcusable.
Real women wear orange!!