Barrin Simpson signs in Saskatchewan

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

This ends speculation about a possible return to the Lions. Simpson has signed with Saskatchewan.
Link
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Good.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

It seems Simpson can be head strong.

However, IMO he has been a very good run stopper. It seems he wanted to come back to the Lions. Wally was considering other options.

I hope Wally and Roy Shivers have some top candidates in mind for the middle linebacker position. Dennis Haley is not exactly a proven commodity at an elite level.

What we do in terms of personnel and schemes with our middle linebacker position is absolutely key this season.

Waiting and watching, still hopeful ...
Lionut
Hall of Famer

God bless Barrin, but at age 33 he is not the answer as an every down MLB. Right after the NFL draft, we need to jump on some of the undrafted inside linebackers, and make this team younger and quicker.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I was surprised Simpson was hinting he wanted to return to the WetCoast. I'm going to sneek a peek at RF to see what all the Leprechauns think of this deal.
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

notahomer wrote:I was surprised Simpson was hinting he wanted to return to the WetCoast. I'm going to sneek a peek at RF to see what all the Leprechauns think of this deal.
It's actually quite humorous. A couple of weeks ago, he was washed up and a lot of people were hoping he would return to the Lions. Now word is that BS preferred Saskatchewan and WB is making excuses. Overall at RF, they are thrilled he is there. I think we have signed enough older guys this off season. I'm still curious to see where Saskatchewan is after training camp. They have had a ton of signings this off-season along with signing the majority of their 14 free agents (for more $$$$ I woudl think after last season).