Suitor Blog re: NFL exodus

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

OV - 54:40 wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:IIRC, the Lions started the season with Smart pencilled in as the starting RB. He got injured early and Mallett got his chance to start.

Grice Mullen may have had his chance last year due to another injury to Smart. I can't remember whether he made the roster at the same time and whether he was the starter or a back up as either a returner or receiver.

Smart had been a multiple role player at RB, receiver and returner.

It must be the off season. OV is back with his rants about NI's.
No, more like your types bleating your "ratio problems" mantra and getting bent out of shape when somebody talks specifics that don't jive with your generalizations.
:wink:
As a football HC or GM, you do have to hedge your bets on where you are able to find depth at what position. Both the RB and receiver positions are relatively easy to find south of the border vs north of it. While you always rant on about the exception, the vast majority of depth has to be from a country that football is #1 in, and has 10 times the population to draw it from, whereas the best Canadian athletes (majority) find a hockey rink.

Funny aspect to all of this, is that I am a Country first flag waving fan, but there just becomes a realism that we are dealt with in the CFL.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Oiler
Rookie

JohnHenry wrote:
It cost NFL teams virtually nothing to sign CFL players for training camp and preseason. We are the only football league left for the NFL scouts to scour, and as a result we're seeing an exodus.

:surrender:
I believe there is the IFL whatever that is.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Oiler wrote:
JohnHenry wrote:
It cost NFL teams virtually nothing to sign CFL players for training camp and preseason. We are the only football league left for the NFL scouts to scour, and as a result we're seeing an exodus.

:surrender:
I believe there is the IFL whatever that is.
UFL. Jim Haslett (ex-Saints HC) went from HC of the Florida Tuskers to DC of the Shanny-led Redskins. J.P.Losman (ex-Bills QB) went from Las Vegas to the Raiders depth chart and even appeared in a game late in the NFL season.