contingency plans??

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

what are the fall back plans if empire II isnt close to being ready on time.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
QB Club 63
All Star

My best guess would be for the CFL to shuffle the schedule so the Leos play only road games until the venue is ready. :hypno:

Could you imagine no home games until mid-August/September? :bang: :bang: :bang:
bclions16
Champion

I imagine the bulk of contingency planning and risk management will be about Empire itself. They could stage games there at various levels of readiness: field, facilities, and sections of stands. I'm sure it will be built with some priorities so anything not ready wouldn't mean the game isn't played. After that, I can only see playing the game at the opponent's field if Empire was a no-go. Of course there are no suitable other stadiums in BC, but more importantly there isn't anywhere ready to support such an event in terms of security, policing, traffic etc etc.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
hwgill
Legend

But can you imagine what would happen if the Leos had to play on the road for most of next season?
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
Lionsfan1976
All Star

hwgill wrote:But can you imagine what would happen if the Leos had to play on the road for most of next season?
What would happen?
hwgill
Legend

How about a lousy season due to travel exhaustion?
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
lion24
Legend

They can just play their home games as an arena team in GM place.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
bclions16
Champion

hwgill wrote:But can you imagine what would happen if the Leos had to play on the road for most of next season?
They will play at Empire. Having contingency plans doesn't mean they are planning on playing elsewhere.

My point was that their Plan A is to play at a completed temporary stadium at Empire. Plans B and C are probably playing at Empire with reduced capacity, putting any plan of playing on the road way down the list where it belongs.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████