Isn't anybody nervous..?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

korey&dante4ever
Champion

Isn't anybody else a little queezy about missing the playoffs? I'm reading all about finishing 2nd and whatnot... let's just make the playoffs boys.
Dont like to think negative like this, but how can't you in this situation...
That Hamilton win puts a little dent in our playoff hopes...
We do play a very good team tonight, and if we do lose, Edmonton is in exactly the same boat as us (yes, the same boat) if Winnipeg wins tomorrow.
The fact we play Edm. in the final week seems like it could be the nail in the coffin.. i dunno.. maybe im delusional.. but my instinct is giving me some nightmares right now.
If 8-10 dosent make the playoffs (especially with a 13-3 team out there), i might puke.
Does Printers go 0-3 to miss the postseason?.. I'd say no.. stranger things have happened, however.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
Rammer
Team Captain

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80128

All teams in the hunt are worrying a little with the teams so tight 2nd through 7th.
Entertainment value = an all time low
The_Pauser
Legend

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17700

What's changed in the past 5 days to make you do a complete 180?
Roar you Lions roar!
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

I feel worrying would help you play better at this point and the pressure is all on Calgary being the favorite tonight, but you have to transform that nervous energy into focused intensity, and play your best football of season, for the rest of regular and post-season now. :cheer:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
korey&dante4ever
Champion

The_Pauser wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17700

What's changed in the past 5 days to make you do a complete 180?
That was sort of a joke thread...

But
Wpg beating mtl. last week.. and i confess taking that result with a shrug
edm. beating tor.
ham. beating sask.
plus the reasons above.
Gut instincts are a crazy thing.. but hey.. a win tonight and all my insecurities will vanish.

I guess its just the fact that if there were a time for a team to miss the playoffs with our record, taking into account the games remaining, that time would be this year. That's what's getting me. Along with Sorensen at LG, when he basically said he couldnt play the left side of the OL in training camp.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
zark
Champion

I'm not.
Go lions. :cheer:
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I like the fact that Edmonton is breathing down our neck... double incentive to win tonight. Not only do we get the Calgary monkey off our back while putting us in the drivers seat for second place (with a slim shot at first), but we at least clinch a playoff spot as we already own the tiebreaker with Edmonton.
Ravi
Legend

As long as Winnipeg beats Hamilton next week, somebody with an 8-10 record will miss the playoffs. If B.C. doesn't win tonight, they won't be able to clinch a playoff spot until the final weekend of the season.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Ravi wrote:As long as Winnipeg beats Hamilton next week, somebody with an 8-10 record will miss the playoffs. If B.C. doesn't win tonight, they won't be able to clinch a playoff spot until the final weekend of the season.
8 wins might not good enough for the playoffs, but 10 wins could be good enough to win the west. Not your typical CFL season!
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Bottom line is we are a 2nd tier team in this league. Our guys cannot compete with the Stamps or Als. Most of our vets are on the down side of their careers and it showed tonight. Man for man, we ain't good enough. Where was Brent? Where was Marsh or MacKenzie or Armour? We are in need of a major overhaul and it's only going to get worse.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

It's just creepy
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hate to say it but missing the playoffs or an early elimination from the playoffs will force Wally Buono to take a long hard look at his coaching staff. We've had problems on 3rd and short for couple of seasons and we still have not solve the problem. Too predictable play calling. Nothing to counter the blitz. Opposition has been killing the Lions on 2nd and long. They did it again tonight on their final drive.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Hate to say it but missing the playoffs or an early elimination from the playoffs will force Wally Buono to take a long hard look at his coaching staff. We've had problems on 3rd and short for couple of seasons and we still have not solve the problem. Too predictable play calling. Nothing to counter the blitz. Opposition has been killing the Lions on 2nd and long. They did it again tonight on their final drive.
TLK, I'll guarantee you that there won't be a purging of the coaches. Like another poster said, Wally's decision to hold old aging vets is well documented. He's transferred that belief to his staff. I honestly believe the Lion's need a change or two but I doubt it will ever happen unless the coach(es) leave on their own terms due to another job offer. Being on the other side of the fence just isn't fun. I feel for the Hamilton fans and what they have had to put up with the last few years. :bang:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Strange that 2nd and long is the situation that the Lions O is so often in, yet the D seemingly cannot stop any type of play coming from the opposition O on that same 2nd and long.

Not to mention 3rd and inches.
nelson95
Legend

I'm looking forward to BC breaking Sask's hearts again
Then Calryra just like 94 and 2000

otherwise my GC tickets might be worth more than I paid for them for once

I guess its win-win
Give the ball to LeeRoy!