Buck lovers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BEEECEEE
All Star

:wag:

How many more chances do you want? I have a feeling you are the same group that hates Printers. The guys made out of glass and terrible. Give it up.
Formely sfu_guy
Spud387
Champion

And lemme guess... you like Printers? :wag: right back at ya
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Speaking of terrible, how did Casey do over in Hamilton?
D
Team Captain

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:Speaking of terrible, how did Casey do over in Hamilton?
he broke a nail
:tease:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Regrettably he is a glass QB. If he did suffer another concussion it's his 2nd of the season? That begins to be a long term health issue.

IMHO, he's running out of opportunities to be the starter. You have to be able to stay on the field and perform to remain as a starter and he's had difficulty doing both consistently.

Jackson struggles with consistency but how many games has he really started in his career? Maybe it is time to let him start and see if he can overcome his errors ( ala Burris ).
rb
Champion

Always thought Pierce was a good QB but he did seem injury-prone almost from the get-go, and unfortunately I don't think anyone can deny that fact now. He's basically a part-time player because of it.

And recurring concussions-- yikes. For the sake of the rest of his life, more than for my self-interest as a fan, I hope he overcomes those.
Don Miller
Legend

:dizzy: I am a Buck fan and have his jersey. Unfortunately he is a guy who plays like Matt Dunigan and is taking some tough shots to the melon. You have to be smart to play qb at the pro level. When he threw the pick he needed to stay away from the pile and let the other guys make the tackle. DD was injured many times doing the same thing. JJ is hot or cold. I think time is running out on Buck and his health is more important than football. I hope he can continue but it may be in a backup role. Lulay also took a big shot and needs to be smarter when running with the ball or he too will have a short career. Our qb.s seem to take more shots than anyone else. I am still concerned about our Oline at times. Ugly win for sure but better than a loss.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

BEEECEEE wrote::wag:

How many more chances do you want? I have a feeling you are the same group that hates Printers. The guys made out of glass and terrible. Give it up.

To suggest that those who respect and value Buck Pierce somehow must be the "group that hates Printers" is ridiculous.

Haters are generally haters and those I know from here who liked Printers also like Buck Pierce. I have posted a lot of supportive comments of Pierce and I have only criticized Casey for his bad career decision heading south. I wish Casey well.

As far as this goes, do you think Wally Buono with his track record of developing top flight QBs doesn't know the qualities that Buck possesses. I am bit with Don Miller here who says how I feel. Buck needs sterner direction about not getting into unnecessary contact and let's go from there. The fickle fans are brutal at times. Lulay must be the guy was what we were hearing last week but he got a bit banged up today and he wasn't shooting the lights out either. The Lions at that time weren't playing great and the QB can't by himself over come that.

KnocK Pierce all you want but leave this crap out that those who respect Pierce's play somehow must hate Printers. I find that not only offensive and ignorant, it shows how little you follow the posts on this board.

I have been around long enough to recall when they criticized Anthony Cavillo and look at him now.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Rammer
Team Captain

Around $500K as I understand it... :ref:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Around $500K as I understand it... :ref:
He also had a lousy O line and recieving corp to contend with. So sad to see such a gifted athlete fade away because he chose the $$ over a good team. Lesson learned hopefully for any other hotshot QB who thinks the all mighty $$ is going to prevail over a sound, cup contending team.
Area51
All Star

Don't blame the O line for last night's QB injuries.

Buck's injury was caused by his inability to avoid throwing picks. Had nothing to do with inadequate blocking up front. He wasn't under duress when he threw the INT - - just made a dumb decision.

Lulay was like a deer in headlights last night. He didn't need to scramble like he was doing - - just step up in the pocket and make the throw. TH eone pass he did attempt hit the turf five yards in front of the receiver. Wally wasted a quarter seeing what this guy could do, but at least now we know Lulay cannot be the QB this year.

Funny that Jarious seemed to have enough time to stand in the pocket and make completions. Anybody want to suggest that maybe the O line blocks better/harder for Jarious than for the other QBs? Or is it just that Jarious has some pocket sense and knows when to get rid of the ball and when to hang in the pocket?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Anybody want to suggest that maybe the O line blocks better/harder for Jarious than for the other QBs? Or is it just that Jarious has some pocket sense and knows when to get rid of the ball and when to hang in the pocket?
I believe Jarious is a Team Captain, is he not?
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

I find it had to stomach alot of ignorant posts this year so much i try not to read alot of them.

one poster who i have come to respect is toppy van!! knows something about football compared to some people on here.

all the best to buck my friend !! take a break and come back strong !

to his family who are great people, be strong and stay away from reading the posts from people who have no respect
pdxlion
Rookie

Area51 wrote:Don't blame the O line for last night's QB injuries.

Buck's injury was caused by his inability to avoid throwing picks. Had nothing to do with inadequate blocking up front. He wasn't under duress when he threw the INT - - just made a dumb decision.

Lulay was like a deer in headlights last night. He didn't need to scramble like he was doing - - just step up in the pocket and make the throw. TH eone pass he did attempt hit the turf five yards in front of the receiver. Wally wasted a quarter seeing what this guy could do, but at least now we know Lulay cannot be the QB this year.

Funny that Jarious seemed to have enough time to stand in the pocket and make completions. Anybody want to suggest that maybe the O line blocks better/harder for Jarious than for the other QBs? Or is it just that Jarious has some pocket sense and knows when to get rid of the ball and when to hang in the pocket?
Holy crap. Based on 6 plays we know Lulay can't be a decent qb this year? I've heard of fickle fans but come on. You have quite an eye for quickly determining ability to play. Wally should call you up to be a scout - we could make 10 time the number of player evals. Watch 6 plays and keep or cut. btw - I heard Wally say there was only one other pass he should have made - the other couple were covered.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

pdxlion wrote:
Area51 wrote:Don't blame the O line for last night's QB injuries.

Holy crap. Based on 6 plays we know Lulay can't be a decent qb this year? I've heard of fickle fans but come on. You have quite an eye for quickly determining ability to play. Wally should call you up to be a scout - we could make 10 time the number of player evals. Watch 6 plays and keep or cut. btw - I heard Wally say there was only one other pass he should have made - the other couple were covered.
Oh don't mind ole Area 51 :rotf: Unless he's talking about Gary Butler or Rickey Foley, he really has no clue. Just try and ignore him. We do ;)
Real women wear orange!!