Official Game Day Thread: Lions at Regina

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:
Lion Guy wrote:Buck ...................Pierce......................Sucks.
Wow. Thanks for that clear, concise productive input. Well done.
I wouldn't worry about it, I am sure that BP wasn't particularly pleased with his play either, but this is just a fan venting and will probably retract it tomorrow.
Entertainment value = an all time low
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lion_Pride_26 wrote:
PigSkin_53 wrote:Fourteen seconds left on the clock and Pasquale gives JJ the lowest of all percentage chance of pulling our bacon out of the fire with a hail marry pass, with the pocket besieged and collapsing…

What was that Buono???
Jarious has a stronger arm than Buck. That's what he was thinking.
Lion_Pride_26 wrote: Jarious has a stronger arm than Buck. That's what he was thinking.
You can’t be serious in your argument defending the Buono’s brain cramps from beginning this game to the end?

If God was so clever why didn’t he start Jackson in the second half when it was obvious that BP had capitulated in the first half to an inferior team tonight?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
Rammer wrote:
David wrote:
Just curious, did you watch the game on TV or did you listen on the radio? JJ had to step up from a collapsing pocket at the last second and I think it might have been tipped. The play was to designed for JJ to throw it into the endzone. Hail Mary.

DH
Didn't you think that bringing in JJ for one play with 14 seconds and on 3rd down could have been made into two plays? Fine to bring in JJ, but everyone was expecting the endzone bomb. he should have thrown for a FD, IMO, then go to the endzone.
I didn't say we should have brought JJ in on that play. I agree, we maybe could have got a first down and then one final play. But to blame JJ for that errant pass is ludicrous.

DH
I think that we see that the same way, and I wasn't implying that you were saying to bring in JJ, just wondering if I was off track with my JC/JJ view.
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

David wrote:
I didn't say we should have brought JJ in on that play. I agree, we maybe could have got a first down and then one final play. But to blame JJ for that errant pass is ludicrous.

DH
I blame society. Or television. Or Stephen Harper. Or something like that. :tease:

It's his job to throw the ball to someone who can catch it. For whatever reason, he didn't do it. I blame McCallum for dropping that errant snap. I blame Grice-Mullen for dropping what should have been the winning touchdown pass. I blame Green for dropping that blocked punt ball. I get blamed at work when I neglect to do something I'm supposed to do. Life goes on. Maybe it's life that's ludicrous. :clown:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:this is just a fan venting and will probably retract it tomorrow.
I wouldn't be retracting anything I've said tomorrow Rammer!
sports & stuff----ric
Champion

are you people kidding me :bang: I dont give a dam whos at qb tonight, montana, elway or
anyone else that you dont think sucks. NOBODY could generate any offense with that protection! Buck had NO time to look down field most of the time. Read the defence?

I could read it on TV. OH no there rushing 6 guys and we have 5 blocking or attempting to block. not much buck could do with that blocking and coaching.

and he still almost pulled it out if our receiver could catch
Rammer
Team Captain

sports & stuff----ric wrote:are you people kidding me :bang: I dont give a dam whos at qb tonight, montana, elway or
anyone else that you dont think sucks. NOBODY could generate any offense with that protection! Buck had NO time to look down field most of the time. Read the defence?

I could read it on TV. OH no there rushing 6 guys and we have 5 blocking or attempting to block. not much buck could do with that blocking and coaching.

Sadly the OC couldn't adjust to that rush. I would have had BP rolling out to buy some time, but I am thinking to myself that BP doesn't look as fluid in his running as he did in his first years as a Lion.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

I have 0 confidence in Buck. Someone please make me feel better after watching last year's WF and this opening game.

He has happy feet, 0 arm strength and cannot anticipate the rush.

Please, someone challenge me and make me feel better.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

I'm tired of thinking about all the mistakes, turnovers, missed opportunities.. what a bizarre game... I will pray for the O-line tonight.

Good night, all.
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
darnellclash
Starter

sports & stuff----ric wrote:are you people kidding me :bang: I dont give a dam whos at qb tonight, montana, elway or

word
It is what it is.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:I have 0 confidence in Buck. Someone please make me feel better after watching last year's WF and this opening game.

Well, next week is Hamilton. :wink:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:I have 0 confidence in Buck. Someone please make me feel better after watching last year's WF and this opening game.

I'm going to have to back you on this LG...Bloody awful exhibition of confidence.

BP just coughs up the ball at too critical of times, and it has become a familier pattern.
Lionsfan1976
All Star

What concerns me after Game 1?

1) The O-Line needs to step up.

2) The injuries we sustained throughout the game, all on Offense if I remember correctly.

3) Paul McCallum's consistency and execution. True, nobody is purrfect. But that's 2 bad games in a row now.

4) How is it that in a game where weather isn't a factor, the two teams combine for what, 14 turnovers? I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in my life.

5) Grice-Mullen's gloves don't have enough stick'em on them.

6) How do we play in Game 2? Not just at the beginning of the game, not going into half-time, and not at the end, but throughout the entire game, beginning to end. I want to see focus, effort, and some killer instinct.
Hawkballer 14
Champion

Wow. Between this and the O-Line thread, some of you really need to back up off the ledge. It was week one, we lost by four. Almost clawed back from an 18 point defecit; baby steps, yo.

Give the three units more than one full week of preparation. Really, they've only had this past week to familiarize themselves with one another. The week leading up to the second pre-season game doesn't count, as they were still in the process of seeing what they had with the remaining players. A totally revamped roster, with many guys getting their first shot at substantial playing time.

If we're 0-4 or 0-5 and still turning the ball over six times, then you can resume your perches on the ledgetops.

And the drop was 26 years ago, give it a bloody rest. Why no blame for the rest of the team for even letting the game boil down to that situation? Yeah, Scott Norwood missed wide, but the Bills as a team dropped the ball. :bang:
zark
Champion

With allthe pass rushh going on, I'm sure Paris and Geroy were open.
A good QB trows a ball ahead of a receiver. Don't get mad at the receiver for not breaking stride at full tilt, looking in another direction and then turning around to catch it with a DB breathing down your back. It's Bucks Job to keep. No excuses this year. How much slack can you give some one?
Game one sucked. This was the Lions, not the Ti cats.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx