New animation of the roof

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

QB Club 63
All Star

When I tried that link I got nowhere. I found this link worked for me:

http://www.globaltv.com/globaltv/bc/video/index.html

Click on News Hour Final then see more and BC Place Roof :roar:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I am thinking that that small an opening, relative to the size of bc place, will not be as cozy as hoped for. ON really hot days, it will still be warmer inside than outside, with most of the covering still there and x thousand people in the stands. Unless they are also increasing or improving venting as well??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
QB Club 63
All Star

I was a little surprised by how small the opening is as well, but when you realize the rest of the fabric over the seating areas is just a roof there should be plenty of ventilation. Remember, there will be a perimeter of tall posts, or spars with cables strung between them forming a web to suspend the fabric. The sides will be open, with only the stadium structure itself to impede the flow of air. I can't see how that couldn't be cooler than the way things currently are. :2cents:
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:I am thinking that that small an opening, relative to the size of bc place, will not be as cozy as hoped for. ON really hot days, it will still be warmer inside than outside, with most of the covering still there and x thousand people in the stands. Unless they are also increasing or improving venting as well??
From pics that i have seen it seems that the roof will be vented along the bottom (lowest part of roof). Still, some fresh air is better than none, so maybe u wont need to bring that extra t-shirt to change into at half time. Unless you like washing jerseys....IMO I always have a tee under so that the jerseys require the least amount of washing....washing really ruins the letters, and auto's!
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
David
Team Captain

I sent an email enquiry back in January to someone close to the scene. This is was the reply:

The final roof design is not yet complete, but it is anticipated that the opening is approximately the size of the field. A detailed look at shadowing from the sun has also been done. The drawings do not show the exact opening size yet.

Like you, I am hoping the opening will be larger if for no other reason than the shadows it will cast (in the current plans) will be a *beeotch* for receivers trying to follow the ball from the quarterback and returners trying to field punts. Maybe they're just not showing the complete open roof for fear of freaking out the Yaletown condo owners. :cr:

I am slightly more encouraged by the ventilated side panels that will form the perimeter of the stadium.

DH
Roar, You Lions, Roar
VICIOUSCIRCLE
All Star

Ok for starters folks it's a retractable roof!!!!! Which means it opens to almost full field size and it closes completely.
Bobbyp
Champion

Looks good to me
Some mispelling may or may not occur as well as using a word incorrectly in my posts
READER CAUTION IS STRICTLY ADVISED
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Link takes me to a completely different story.