Otis Floyd "officially" signs with Hamilton

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=263988&lid= ... pStory_cfl

No surprise as Obie continues to grab former Lions.....now it's official.

Best of luck Otis
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
zark
Champion

Ticat fans are loving the Lions. I hope no one in this league is underestimating Obie and the Ticats. They actually call themselves the black and gold. I thought it was yellow. LOOK OUT !
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

zark wrote:Ticat fans are loving the Lions. I hope no one in this league is underestimating Obie and the Ticats. They actually call themselves the black and gold. I thought it was yellow. LOOK OUT !
One team in my hockey league wears gold/yellow jerseys. I always tell them they may be gold on the front but they're yellow on the back. ;-)
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Tighthead
Legend

JohnHenry wrote:You wonder if Wally might have second thoughts about dumping Floyd, now with J. Johnson (LB) signing in the NFL? I know Wally likes to clean out the deadwood, but Otis is only 32 yrs old and still could have a couple good years left in him. So we are going to replace him with another team's castoff or a rookie question mark? ...Javy is looking better and better all the time! 8)
I sort of think the same thing. The team is thin at LB now.
ziggy
Legend

Maybe the Lions already have someone in mind? There are still some good FA Linebackers out there.
Rammer
Team Captain

ziggy wrote:Maybe the Lions already have someone in mind? There are still some good FA Linebackers out there.
They are still only potential FA LB'ers, as the February 16th dateline hasn't approached. Yes any of the three Rider potential FA LB'ers would be an addition and also a subtraction to a competitive opponent.
Entertainment value = an all time low
zark
Champion

Training camp is looking good. Wally's the man. However, Obie, in Hamilton , is doing what he does best. LOOK OUT CFL. BC doesn't have Wakes any more.
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Dan Russell
Legend

They'll take a run at Maurice Lloyd but they'll be a bidding war and will most likely be too much money to get him.
ziggy
Legend

Dan Russell wrote:They'll take a run at Maurice Lloyd but they'll be a bidding war and will most likely be too much money to get him.
Then on the bright side who ever else gets him may be using more cap space than they want and maybe have to give up on someone else . With a cap it really comes down to the best group of players for the best price.