Congrats BC

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Spud387
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:Yeah, and I would have won the last $40 in the pool squares too if they'd punched it in. But noooooo....gotta be classy and nice and good sports. :wink:
I didn't win my pool but I did win the Predict the Score competition at Riderfans.com. :-)
I gave the riders too much credit and said it would be a close game with the Lions winning. :yes:
David
Team Captain

CatsEyes wrote:[Yeah, and I would have won the last $40 in the pool squares too if they'd punched it in. But noooooo....gotta be classy and nice and good sports. :wink:
I feel your pain Kim. Something similar happened to me at last year's Super Bowl party. The hosts had all but declared me the winner of the pool with a minute left as I had the right squares. People were patting me on the back as I sat there smiling like a butcher's dog (a not-so-insignificant sum I might add). For me to lose, the Giants would have to convert 4th down, march all the way down the field and score a touchdown against a team that hadn't lost all year.

You can guess the rest of this story. The ride home wasn't pretty (kind of like that Lions TV ad from a few years ago when the guy's driving along listening the Lions game. When our touchdown is called back on a penalty, he loses it, pounds the steering wheel and the air bag gets deployed). Took me a couple of days to get over that one. :lol:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bleddyn
Starter

:)

[youtube][/youtube]
David
Team Captain

Yipper. That be me (sans the air bag). :lol:

Rethink's best ad to date IMO. :thup:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bleddyn
Starter

I actually like the airplane one the best :)

The first time I saw it was just after a long flight fron Paris to LA, it kind of struck a chord lol. The cool thing was I saw it in San Diego, around Xmas last year on an American program of the best commercials from around the world from 2007. Was nice to see the Lions logo on major broadcast TV down there.

[youtube][/youtube]
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

I dunno, I thought it was a great call to go down on the knee. :yes:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

[youtube][/youtube]
2012 Season Ticket Holder
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Bleddyn wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube][/quote]

Just Excellent Bleddyn..

Wonderful humor!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
Power-O-O-O-O
Starter

Lions4ever wrote:BUT, what about the Lions dancing on the Mosaic Stadium logo before the game, and Otis Floyd taking a swing at Omarr Morgan after the Rider pregame introductions????? A) Why wasn't Floyd ejected or at least given a 15-yard penalty and B) Why didn't Wally control his team?

Answer; Wally didn't want to control them. It was their way of saying "this is gonna be our house today and there ain't nothin' you gonna do about it." I'm certain Wally was behind it.

So, homefield advantage in terms of a rabid crowd was taken away because the fans had been scolded into doing so.

And the Lions ripped it away with their own questionable and unsportsmanlike tactics.

That's just my $0.02.

What absolute garbage. What an astounding dork of a sore loser. Emphasis on loser. Now I reallywish we'd rammed it into the end zone in the dying seconds. Line up Cam Wake as fullback and plow it down their f#@*ing throats.
Home field advantage?
Last two times BC has played a playoff game in Regina the combined score is 75-30 for BC :shock:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:I dunno, I thought it was a great call to go down on the knee. :yes:
In a way, the knee is an even more effective slap in the face than actually scoring. It's kind of like saying "We know we could score now if we wanted to and you know we could score if we wanted to, but you're too pathetic at this point to bother."

At least that's how some mean-spirited type *cough* might spin it. :twisted:
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:
Lionheart wrote:I dunno, I thought it was a great call to go down on the knee. :yes:
In a way, the knee is an even more effective slap in the face than actually scoring. It's kind of like saying "We know we could score now if we wanted to and you know we could score if we wanted to, but you're too pathetic at this point to bother."

Well either way I won the cash. :beauty:
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Lions4ever wrote:

I liked the previous suggestion of directly handing Saskatchewan the ball on the last play of the game (or even just "fumbling" it onto the turf) and heading straight for the showers... "Yeah, our work here is DONE." Completely surreal. :lol:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
ziggy
Legend

I'm glad they just took a knee and killed the clock. I have nothing against the Rider players and I'm sure our guys as professionals feel the same. Their D played well so why rub their nose in it, it has beensome of their fans that have been the problem and they weren't on the field.
QB#9
Starter

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

I still get a good laugh everytime I see this one. :lol: Although the airplane one is pretty good as well.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Nice D_P_f

Now can you repete this next Saturday? :tease:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis