So whats the word on who will start at QB?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

JUST WIN BABY
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I was very surprised that JJ did not play last week against the Stamps as it would have been advantageous to get him some more game reps prior to the playoffs. With BP being banged up there is the likelihood that JJ may be forced to play. Sometimes I just don't understand and definitely don't agree with Wally's thinking/actions.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:JUST WIN BABY

:whs:
Wally!
Starter

I think the only way Buck is out fast is if he is hurt. I like Jackson off the bench if it happens, he seems to do better in that scenario for whatever reason ...
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I know it was only Toronto, but when JJ went into that game her really moved the offence well. Buck hasn't impressed me so much to the point where I'll say, like many have already said here , "he should get the start".
I was disappointed they didn't put JJ in in last weeks game. Even the TSN commentators boggled my mind when saying that the Lions were hoping to get to put JJ in at some point, but since its still such a close game and they need this win, they gotta keep Pierce in. Shouldn't they have been considering a change? Pierce was not that impressive.
I can see it in Geroy's expressions too. Pierce will overthrow him alot, or put it too high, or throw to him when he shouldn't (i know JJ can do that last one well too). When I see that, it looks like he knows Pierce is off his game, and its time to make the change.
I think its better to start JJ and if then he falters, Pierce comes in.
Tighthead
Legend

I'm sure I'll catch crap for this, but I don't have much confidence in Wally's handling of QBs in big games - and I count last week as a big game.
Wally!
Starter

Tighthead wrote:I'm sure I'll catch crap for this, but I don't have much confidence in Wally's handling of QBs in big games - and I count last week as a big game.
No argument here - see Grey Cup 2004.
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:I think i should get the nod. I'm injury free! Plus, there is no one on the lions that hates the riders like i do.
I'm a close second Wakes (Rider hater), but being of the female gender, I may have a disadvantage. As for you starting, submit your resume. That would throw a real kink into Saskatchewan's game plan not having seen any film on you! :lol: :beer:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

#1 Lions Fan in SK wrote: I'm a close second Wakes (Rider hater), but being of the female gender, I may have a disadvantage.
Nah, when you see the D comin' atcha, just start crying like that bikini chick in Stripes and say "You can't hit me, I'm a girl!", then when they get close, kick em where they can't touch on TV. THAT should do it! :rotf: :rotf:
Real women wear orange!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Given the current coaching staff's penchant for outsmarting themselves, they'll probably start Zac Champion.
#1 Lions Fan in SK
Starter

CatsEyes wrote:
#1 Lions Fan in SK wrote: I'm a close second Wakes (Rider hater), but being of the female gender, I may have a disadvantage.
Nah, when you see the D comin' atcha, just start crying like that bikini chick in Stripes and say "You can't hit me, I'm a girl!", then when they get close, kick em where they can't touch on TV. THAT should do it! :rotf: :rotf:
If I were on the field in a bikini, the whole defense would run to the other end of the field. It might work!!! On the other hand, I would be laughing so hard, I would forget what to do with the ball. I guess Stefan could just come over and take it from me. :lol: :lol:
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

#1 Lions Fan in SK wrote:If I were on the field in a bikini, the whole defense would run to the other end of the field. It might work!!! On the other hand, I would be laughing so hard, I would forget what to do with the ball. I guess Stefan could just come over and take it from me. :lol: :lol:
Hmmmm.....could work! We can call it the Bikini Sneak! Coach Kruck, you listening? :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
#1 Lions Fan in SK wrote:If I were on the field in a bikini, the whole defense would run to the other end of the field. It might work!!! On the other hand, I would be laughing so hard, I would forget what to do with the ball. I guess Stefan could just come over and take it from me. :lol: :lol:
Hmmmm.....could work! We can call it the Bikini Sneak! Coach Kruck, you listening? :wink:
Whaddya about the thong-bomb? On second thought, strike that, it sounds wrong.....
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:
Whaddya about the thong-bomb? On second thought, strike that, it sounds wrong.....
Nnnoooo....that has possibilities too! :lol:
Real women wear orange!!
Blitz
Team Captain

Whoever starts at quarterback against the Riders and it will be Buck or whomever plays (and Jarious could get into this game) and don't forget it's going to be cold and hits on the quarterback will take a bigger toll on the turf...this much is certain...

....the Riders are not going to let Logan and Brice-Mullen get 339 yards against them..and they were almost our whole offence against Calgary...

If I'm Ritchie Hall...shutting down Logan is what I'm going to focus on..both run and pass. They will do everything to try to take him out of our offence while taking away Simon deep if they can.

You have to think about how you would try to stop our offence. First of all, with Buck in there, stop the run with Logan, cover him with a defensive back out of the backfield, and take away the dink and dunk game. Bring the blitz into Buck's face, don't worry about him running, and force him to throw deep.

If Jarious comes in, adjust. Don't blitz Jarious, play soft underneath, spy him with a linebacker to not allow him to run free, and play deep zone to take away his longer passes. Worry a
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)