Oct. 10 - Edmonton Eskimos at BC Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Lions will be wearing their third jerseys tonight. And remember, it's team poster night so be sure to get one before you leave.

A win will leave the Lions with a first place tie with either Calgary or Saskatchewan.

A loss would mean a 3-way tie with second place with Edmonton and either Calgary or Saskatchewan.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Looking forward to this match up as we (DB's) have some unfinished business. Ray has torched Banks too many times this season, I see a huge game from Korey. :yes:

Let's keep the streak going, the 'Nucks spanked the Flames last night, let's do the same to the Schmoes!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The key to the game will be B.C.'s top-ranked defence against Ricky Ray and Edmonton's second-ranked passsing attack.

Ray has averaged over 400 yards passing in the two games against the Lions this year, but B.C.'s defence has given up less than 300 yards passing in the 7 games since they last faced the Eskimos. The Lions need to pressure Ray in the pocket and not let him dump off to his running backs. The B.C. linebackers and corners will have to be sharp to take away Ray's short game.
Disturber
Champion

I think this will be a great game, but not as high scoring as the last time these two teams met. I'm fairly certain we'll be able to contain Ray. I'm equally certain we're not going to allow any 25 yard runs this time.

Ball control by our offense will be important. Keeping the ball out of Ray's hands will be as important as stopping him when he does have it.

I'll be there in Section 40 cheering my lungs out :rockin:
Go Lions!
Lions33
Starter

Its Game DAy Boys
Prediction: 41 to 35 Leos win it in a high scoring game
Offense player of the game- Stefan Logan- 122 yards rushing
Defense player- Cam Wake 3 sacks
Attendence- 80, 000 (firstdown45 can you believe this it will be a record for attendence!)
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I think the Lions win by leaving Edm. in their Wake.

IOW, Lions 40 Eskimos 25

Attendance 32 866

Smart has another great game returning kicks. Geroy should easily get his 10 000 yards (in a Lions uni). Now if Miles could just get that lucky 13nth block......
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

lets go lions
2012 Season Ticket Holder
ziggy
Legend

Where are the guys that rag on the linebackers? Secondary once again makes it look easy!! Who needs to run.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

ziggy wrote:Where are the guys that rag on the linebackers? Secondary once again makes it look easy!! Who needs to run.
They are at the game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

Buck is off. Maybe he is playing thro too much pain?
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
hutch
Champion

I don't understand why the Lions always give up so many plays to the schmoes! Every game it seems like Edmonton can march down the field at will. It's not like they only play Edmonton once every 4 years....They should be able to know what Ray is good at by now... :thdn:
hutch
Champion

WOW!! Buck is garbage this game.....Put JJ in for the second half!
Blitz
Team Captain

hutch wrote:WOW!! Buck is garbage this game.....Put JJ in for the second half!
I'd be tempted to put Jarious in during the second half. I might give Buck a series or two to see how he does but if he doesn't move us...I'd be tempted to go with Jarious if Scot Coe, at 230 pounds and runs the 40 yard dash in a day...playing safety.. Jarious can get it deep.

However, Wally will have to make the move because Chapdelaine won't. He wouldn't last game with Buck's ankle hurt. However, I can't lay it all on Buck. However, that was probably our worst first half offensively of the entire season.

The good news is that Buck got a big completion to get us our field goal to end the half. However, we really should have been down by at least 24 points at the half. A roughing the passer call, with Buck throwing a five yard pass on second and ten, meant we should have been out. We also got lucky on the Logan fumble, which Edmonton brought to the one yard line but the penalty took them back to the 36, with a 25 yard rough play, combined with a 10 yard penalty for removing the helmet. Murphy was lucky not to be ejected and still may get suspended!

We're fortunate to be in the position we're in...going into the second half!!
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
hutch
Champion

Over at the esks site they are crying about how Goss has a broken neck! lol....thats some miraculous recovery as Goss is back in now.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

From the Omen Department:

After being at a work assignment away from home this week, I returned home last night to see that my Lion flag, along with it's base had been blown out of the wall it was anchored against.

Seems fitting.