Felion joins WWE!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

Trading pom-poms for body slams
Angela Fong: Felion can't wait to climb into the ring as the WWE's newest diva
Lowell Ullrich, The Province
Published: Sunday, February 10, 2008
Naturally, Angela Fong said with a discernable lilt in her voice. Of course she has heard the story of Pamela Anderson. Lions fan to Hollywood superstar. It happened once, friends told her convincingly. Perhaps it can happen again.

It's a little more reasonable to think a 23-year-old B.C. Lions cheerleader from Port Coquitlam could become the next Trish Stratus. And Fong would only be too happy to follow the path of the Canadian wrestling bombshell, having already taken the first step.

An unfathomable idea a year ago became all too real Saturday. Months after finishing her third season with the Felions, the dance unit which performs during CFL games at B.C. Place Stadium, Fong boarded a flight to Tampa, Fla., to start her new career: World Wrestling Entertainment diva.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font:****"I am so scared," she says quietly. "I don't know what to expect."

That's exactly the type of reaction WWE founder Vince McMahon seeks on a weekly basis. And after going through what amounts to wrestling boot camp at the organization's Florida training facility, Fong could show up on any of WWE's three-ring platforms in the next few months.

There are not exactly a great deal of dance numbers at a football game that can prepare a person in order to climb into a ring and be seen as inflicting harm on a fellow performer.

It would hold doubly true if you have never done it before.

"Being on the Felions helped me boost my confidence and learn how to perform in front of people," Fong says. "They know I don't have any wrestling experience. But the more time passes the more I really want to get in the ring and get started."

The Lions may end up being her launching point, but Fong's big break came in more conventional fashion. Making the rounds in various modelling competitions, the former Miss Molson Indy Vancouver was scouted at a pageant in Las Vegas in May.

That led to a WWE orientation session in Louisville, Ky., in September where recruits watched tapings and began to learn the fine art of applying the handspring and flying clothesline.

WWE held no fascination initially, and it's taken a little coaxing to bring some family members onside as well.

"My parents are pretty much a traditional Chinese family -- a little more conservative," Fong says.

Nobody, however, said she shouldn't give it a try.

Where her career goes from this point is an open question, as those in Fong's new line of work are at the mercy of scriptwriters and online fan voting.

Divas, she explained, can have either a ring or backstage presence. Either way, she has the next three years on a WWE contract to learn, and bounce off, the ropes. It may take a lot longer to convince skeptics she simply hasn't crossed from an upbeat world of smiling sideline faces to a darker side filled with steroid-fuelled entertainers.

But she can work up some energy already when asked if cheerleading, an estimated $500 million business in the U.S., is actually a sport.

"Oh yes," says Fong, who got hooked while attending high school at Terry Fox and continued at SFU, where she is four classes from a communications and publishing degree.

"Cheerleaders have had a stereotype for so long -- the whole ditzy, can't do anything else and look pretty thing. There's gymnastics. There's weight training.

"And it's very competitive."

Dare to disagree? Prepare to be body slammed.

lullrich@png.canwest.com

© The Vancouver Province 2008

Another example of how people connected to the BC Lions used this connection to further their lives. I also believe a Felion lost her spot last year posing for Playboy! Much better choice by Angela, IMHO. Between prowrestling and wearing those Felion-high heeled boots I think being Angela's chiropractor might be a good paying gig, down the road.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Congratulations Angela and Good Luck!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Now she's hit the Big Time. When does she "show up" in Playboy?

I'll be watching for her on WWE. :wink:

Time for a Google search. She must be good lookin'.

It makes one proud, doesn't it? The Lower Mainland has been one of the top hunting grounds for Playboy Playmates for years, and now, one of our own, has made it as a WWE Diva. Yee Haw :rockin:

BTW, thanks for the article, Lowell. You know your football regulars will appreciate it. :thup:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I am guessing this is her

BC Lions
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Big Time
Champion

I always thought she was the best looking Felion. At least, the best looking one that I could see from my seats ha ha. Good luck Angela!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

I think what will happen is that she will be in the WWE Diva Search, an online voting thing that goes from just around summerslam (August 15-20) to the beginning of September. so we gotta vote for her!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:I am guessing this is her

BC Lions
Yup, that's her
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Congratulations to Angela on her new booking. :rockin: But this may also mean that she won't return as a Felion for 2008. :bawl:

If you are interested in seeing more pictures of her, you can look her up on her Myspace and ModelMayhem page. I know that the moderators will likely edit my post if I include the actual URL, so you can go to Yahoo! and Google and do a search for:

Myspace and ModelMayhem and Angela Fong.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Why would they edit the link? Is there some reason why a link to something that can be Googled anyways would be private or something? Maybe a mod can clarify as I have been linking to some things in some of my posts.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Why would they edit the link? Is there some reason why a link to something that can be Googled anyways would be private or something? Maybe a mod can clarify as I have been linking to some things in some of my posts.
It wasn't me who edited Robbie's post, but for the record, our position is that if Felions (or anyone else for that matter) want to share their stuff they can do so, but having another Lionbacker share "personal" pics (regardless of whether they're publicly accessible) is something we want to avoid.

Besides, I am sure you can find her very easily from the infomation Robbie provided. Thanks for your understanding.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I doubt she's listed in the WWE website quite yet. My information trail tells me that she's gone down south to train or whatever.

Needless to say, it's highly unlikely we'll see her back on the sidelines this year, or possibly ever.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yea theres nothing there yet.
woody
Champion

Thats great news,now i can do a felion cartoon in the WWE :beauty:
Here is a picture of Angela at last years west final.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the pic, woody. Angela is lookin' good.

Lookin' forward to the cartoon. :yes:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

that seems if it were yesterday :(