Building Lionbackers.com back up

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

Building Lionbackers.com back up

Postby D » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:34 pm

OK ... seeing as the tearing down thread has deteriorated to cookie recipes, and the site is now in a rebuilding phase maybe it's time for a new thread.

We were running phpbb2.0.2.2 and are are now running phpbb3 the latest and greatest you can see a feature differance chart here

the look and feel of the upgrade is not yet finished, I have some graphics and other things that I want to upgrade and as phpbb3 becomes more of the standard I'm sure some nifty modifications will be available.

If you have issues or questions about using the new board maybe you can help each other out here in this thread.

one issue of concern is logging in with cookies, it should resolve itelf over time or you can clear your cookies in your browser tool settings
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Re: Building Lionbackers.com back up

Postby lion24 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:22 pm

I miss the scrolling topics :sigh:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
lion24
Legend

Postby D » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:34 pm

lion24 wrote:I miss the scrolling topics :sigh:

I am working on a FP .... but I think we can do without he scrolling part

the tags for formating a page in 3 are totally differant than 2 so I am not happy with the look yet but you can have a peek here
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby Sir Purrcival » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:26 pm

The miniature links near the top of the page for all the NFL Ticket Purchases...Are they something that have to be there. They are aren't attractive and probably aren't all that used either. I am guessing that there is some reason that dictates their presence.
Discouraged but Resolute or Talk to the Paw, the ears aren't listening.
Sir Purrcival
Legend

Postby D » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:17 pm

those ads fund the site
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby B.C.FAN » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:41 pm

I find the new board is almost unusable. I have to sign in each time I visit, change forums or move from thread to thread. Some threads are always marked unread, no matter how many times I read them or mark them read. Also the threads often don't show at all, just the headers and footers. I didn't have any of these issues with the old board. I'm running IE 6.0. I'd appreciate any advice.
"I think [Fred Fateri] was like a lot of people who watch football, hockey or any professional sport on television. They sit there and think they could coach better than the professional. Some people really think that." - Bob Ackles, The Water Boy
B.C.FAN
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby D » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:59 pm

I would delete your browsers cache and cookies, and for the time being stay away from the FP
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby Sir Purrcival » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:10 am

D wrote:those ads fund the site

You mean that all those generous contributions from Lionbackers far and wide don't cover the cost :shock:
Discouraged but Resolute or Talk to the Paw, the ears aren't listening.
Sir Purrcival
Legend

Postby D » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:11 am

QUICK REPLY IS BACK
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby D » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:39 am

B.C.FAN wrote:I have to sign in each time I visit, change forums or move from thread to thread. Some threads are always marked unread, no matter how many times I read them or mark them read. Also the threads often don't show at all, just the headers and footers. I didn't have any of these issues with the old board. I'm running IE 6.0. I'd appreciate any advice.

I have been playing with some settings and hopefully resolved a bunch of your issues :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby D » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:08 pm

OK .... I think I FINALLY have the cookie issue resolved so clear your cookies one more time

as for posts being labeled as not read when you have read them that is just a matter of me figuring out what graphic to assign to what function everything in the templating system in 3 is differant than 2 so i have a learning curve to :popcorn:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby CatsEyes » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Yay! I went away for about an hour, got online, and didn't have to login-thanks, D! The site is looking great! :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Postby WestCoastJoe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Mixed feelings, D.

As far as computer upgrades go, I am paranoid and reluctant. Do what ya gotta do. After a while, one gets dragged into the new reality, and more or less accepts it. :wink:

Is the home page scrolling list of most recent posts consigned to the Recycle Bin?

Is the home page display of headers for newest CFL posts consigned to the Trash Can?

I do like the darkness of the displays (lots of black background): easier on the eyes.
WestCoastJoe
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby Solar Max » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Quite pleased now that I can stay logged in, D. Great work, much appreciated. :thup:
Solar Max
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby D » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:55 pm

WestCoastJoe wrote:Mixed feelings, D.

As far as computer upgrades go, I am paranoid and reluctant. Do what ya gotta do. After a while, one gets dragged into the new reality, and more or less accepts it. :wink:

Is the home page scrolling list of most recent posts consigned to the Recycle Bin?

Is the home page display of headers for newest CFL posts consigned to the Trash Can?

I do like the darkness of the displays (lots of black background): easier on the eyes.

it had to be done ..... gotta stay 1 step ahead of the hackers :yes:

there is a new FP I am working on, gone is the scrolliing but the info is still there .... http://www.lionbackers.com/bc_lions/portal.php
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Next

Return to Help and Suggestions