Building Lionbackers.com back up

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

OK ... seeing as the tearing down thread has deteriorated to cookie recipes, and the site is now in a rebuilding phase maybe it's time for a new thread.

We were running phpbb2.0.2.2 and are are now running phpbb3 the latest and greatest you can see a feature differance chart here

the look and feel of the upgrade is not yet finished, I have some graphics and other things that I want to upgrade and as phpbb3 becomes more of the standard I'm sure some nifty modifications will be available.

If you have issues or questions about using the new board maybe you can help each other out here in this thread.

one issue of concern is logging in with cookies, it should resolve itelf over time or you can clear your cookies in your browser tool settings
I own The Grey Cup! .com
lion24
Legend

I miss the scrolling topics :sigh:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

The miniature links near the top of the page for all the NFL Ticket Purchases...Are they something that have to be there. They are aren't attractive and probably aren't all that used either. I am guessing that there is some reason that dictates their presence.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

those ads fund the site
I own The Grey Cup! .com
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I find the new board is almost unusable. I have to sign in each time I visit, change forums or move from thread to thread. Some threads are always marked unread, no matter how many times I read them or mark them read. Also the threads often don't show at all, just the headers and footers. I didn't have any of these issues with the old board. I'm running IE 6.0. I'd appreciate any advice.
D
Team Captain

I would delete your browsers cache and cookies, and for the time being stay away from the FP
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

D wrote:those ads fund the site
You mean that all those generous contributions from Lionbackers far and wide don't cover the cost :shock:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
D
Team Captain

QUICK REPLY IS BACK
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:I have to sign in each time I visit, change forums or move from thread to thread. Some threads are always marked unread, no matter how many times I read them or mark them read. Also the threads often don't show at all, just the headers and footers. I didn't have any of these issues with the old board. I'm running IE 6.0. I'd appreciate any advice.
I have been playing with some settings and hopefully resolved a bunch of your issues :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

OK .... I think I FINALLY have the cookie issue resolved so clear your cookies one more time

as for posts being labeled as not read when you have read them that is just a matter of me figuring out what graphic to assign to what function everything in the templating system in 3 is differant than 2 so i have a learning curve to :popcorn:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Yay! I went away for about an hour, got online, and didn't have to login-thanks, D! The site is looking great! :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Mixed feelings, D.

As far as computer upgrades go, I am paranoid and reluctant. Do what ya gotta do. After a while, one gets dragged into the new reality, and more or less accepts it. :wink:

Is the home page scrolling list of most recent posts consigned to the Recycle Bin?

Is the home page display of headers for newest CFL posts consigned to the Trash Can?

I do like the darkness of the displays (lots of black background): easier on the eyes.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Quite pleased now that I can stay logged in, D. Great work, much appreciated. :thup:
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

D wrote:
it had to be done ..... gotta stay 1 step ahead of the hackers :yes:
Anyone we know D, I hope no one from inside Lionbackers.com?

I had noticed on my laptop which has as close to military grade security as can be acquired commercially, hidden in the second layer of graphic emoticon "smiles" and after using one, my anti-virus would prompt me noting "Hack Attempt 1".

This did not show up on my normal desktop virus protection, when the same actions were undertaken.

I didn't bring it to your attention at the time because I wanted sure if it was some glitch particular to my laptop or something legitimate, but now that you make mention of it.

I notice the new phpbb3 layout has no second layer of emoticons now, just a coincidence maybe?
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
D
Team Captain

PigSkin_53 wrote:
D wrote:
it had to be done ..... gotta stay 1 step ahead of the hackers :yes:
my anti-virus would prompt me noting "Hack Attempt 1".
that was a mod that I installed to help protect the old board and that error mesg was one of the quirks of it :juggle:
I own The Grey Cup! .com