Ripping Lionbackers.com apart

Need some help with the site? or Forum?
Ask Here! Got an idea or suggestion for Lionbackers.com, Tell us about it!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:D, if you could install that mod that when I post fact correct and spelling up to snuff that a cold beer pops outta the dvd tray that would be cool... ya one of my favs. :rockin:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

test
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

test 2
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

test 3
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

final test :cr:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
admin
Team Captain

cool
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Hmm, odd, my earlier posts in this thread have vanished.

Anyway, a couple thoughts: I always start out a session here with "View new posts" (in fact, that's my main bookmark); on the old board, if I close my browser without reading all the new messages, when I open it up again, I get only new posts since I closed that previous session. It would be great if the "unread" count was persistent between sessions. I'm on another board that uses an even older version of phpBB and it manages this successfully, so I know it's possible.

I notice a lot of features are now missing from the text editor - hopefully that's only a temporary thing. I also miss the Quick Reply box at the bottom of a thread.

I dunno if phpBB can do it (maybe with a third-party plugin?, but one feature I really like in vBulletin (another forum backend) is the QuickQuote, a little checkbox in the top-right corner of each post, that when clicked will paste that post's content, along with [ qoute ] tags, into the Quick Reply box... makes it really easy if you want to quote multiple posts in one reply.

Thanks, D.

Edit: oh yeah, I DO like that "View new posts" is now available on every page, rather than having to go back to the Forum Index for it. :beauty:

Still getting used to the new look...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

D, is there a chance that this new board will be able to run in Firefox? I REALLY don't like using IE, but I have to in order to log in here. :sigh:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:D, is there a chance that this new board will be able to run in Firefox? I REALLY don't like using IE, but I have to in order to log in here. :sigh:
I've been visiting Lionbackers.com in Firefox almost exclusively since I first joined, coming up on two years now, so that woulda been FF 1.5 at the time... no problems here. In fact, I'm using Firefox right now.
(\__/)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:
CatsEyes wrote:D, is there a chance that this new board will be able to run in Firefox? I REALLY don't like using IE, but I have to in order to log in here. :sigh:
I've been visiting Lionbackers.com in Firefox almost exclusively since I first joined, coming up on two years now, so that woulda been FF 1.5 at the time... no problems here. In fact, I'm using Firefox right now.
Ah, damn them cookies to hell! Deleted them and it's all good! :yahoo:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

They probably had raisins in them... raisins cookies are always trouble.
(\__/)
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:They probably had raisins in them... raisins cookies are always trouble.
:lol: That's been my finding as well-and those oatmeal raisin jobs? Fageddaboudit! Gimme a good ole chocolate chip, or white chocolate macadamia nut any day! :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
Soundy wrote:They probably had raisins in them... raisins cookies are always trouble.
:lol: That's been my finding as well-and those oatmeal raisin jobs? Fageddaboudit! Gimme a good ole chocolate chip, or white chocolate macadamia nut any day! :rockin:
Yes, excellent call! I mean really, isn't a cookie supposed to represent the ultimate in tasty, unhealthy snacks? When you put in healthy or even quasi-healthy stuff like raisins, well... it just ain't right. It's not truly a cookie anymore!

This just looks... WRONG:
(\__/)
D
Team Captain

Soundy wrote:
me to .... i think it's just a cookie issue and will resolve itself soon
I own The Grey Cup! .com
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

And this looks....so much better!

These don't look too bad, but it looks like there might be a raisin in one of those.

Now this would be more my style:

Damn....now I want cookies! :lol:
Real women wear orange!!