Korey Banks tries the NFL

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

Tighthead wrote:
lion24 wrote:Kyries Hebert has signed a two year deal with the Bengals; so another veteran DB/Safety trying their luck at the NFL. Hebert was very good in the playoffs and with the Bungals defence he may have a shot??
Hebert was as good as gone a couple of years ago, but either his contract or felony charge prevented it all from happening. I think he has a size/speed combo that makes him appealing. Ayanbedejo had that - he moved very, very well for his size, and that is always going to be in demand.

The Bengals have been home to Rashad Jeanty, who has started several games, so they must be favourably disposed to CFL players.
I think they just want to find ANYONE who can PLAY defence!!! :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Lionut
Hall of Famer

For all of the Bengals' publicized problems, they were still 7-9. In other words, they aren't that far away. That's a good place for Hebert to land.

The key as always for CFL players considering the NFL is the signing bonus. If a team is willing to part with a reasonable signing bonus, that means they will give the player a serious look. This is because the bonus counts against the cap, while salary only gets collected once the regular season starts. If a player is being offered no signing bonus, or a very small one, they are likely destined to be a training camp mullet, there to spare the veterans from having to take too many snaps in exhibition games or camp scrimmages.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
lion24
Legend

Lionut wrote:For all of the Bengals' publicized problems, they were still 7-9. In other words, they aren't that far away. That's a good place for Hebert to land.

The key as always for CFL players considering the NFL is the signing bonus. If a team is willing to part with a reasonable signing bonus, that means they will give the player a serious look. This is because the bonus counts against the cap, while salary only gets collected once the regular season starts. If a player is being offered no signing bonus, or a very small one, they are likely destined to be a training camp mullet, there to spare the veterans from having to take too many snaps in exhibition games or camp scrimmages.
They are definitely in the top teams as far as offence but their defence has been dreadful the last few years.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Lionut wrote:For all of the Bengals' publicized problems, they were still 7-9. In other words, they aren't that far away. That's a good place for Hebert to land.
Au contraire. They are actually worse than their record indicates. For starters, they have one good linebacker out of three I don't expect Pollack to ever play again, and I doubt Odell Thurman will ever be what he was before he earned his suspensions as well. The D line is aging, the O line is aging, the offensive game planning is sub par, Rudi Johnson is pushing 30 with hamstring problems...I could go on, but at best that team is what it's record says it is, and in light of the problems they've had this and last year, I don't see them getting better.

With that said, I will agree that it is a good place for Hebert to land. He's not going to land a starting spot, but he can certainly help solidify an either young or bad secondary, depending on how dire you think the situation is.