Congrats to bbgirl, West Coast Blue Fan, Blue in BC etc.!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lion24
Legend

Just wanted to congratulate all the regulars on here who are Bomber Fans as are my Dad and girfriend. I will be cheering for the Bombers now as I have always followed them as close to the Lions and hopefully they can win without Glenn. Everyone is saying the Rider fans are deserving but Bomber fans are just as passionate and have waited almost as long for a Cup win!!
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Seconded, and I say Go Bombers, do it for Uncle Milty!

Rick Ball noted on his show today, how this match-up of two small markets is really good for the league, and a nice change (from a CFL perspective) from seeing the same four teams - BC, Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton - in the last SEVERAL Grey Cups.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
joesports
All Star

Go Bombers! :beer:
lion24
Legend

Soundy wrote:Seconded, and I say Go Bombers, do it for Uncle Milty!

Rick Ball noted on his show today, how this match-up of two small markets is really good for the league, and a nice change (from a CFL perspective) from seeing the same four teams - BC, Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton - in the last SEVERAL Grey Cups.
I agree but the thing I hate is when it is implied that people in Toronto or BC don't care about the CFL and somehow Bomber or Rider fans are MORE deserving? Not that I have heard it recently but in the past it has been implied more than a few times.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
FirstDownLions
Rookie

Congratulations to the Bombers and their fans :thup: Go Bombers!

I'm cheering for Winnipeg to pull off the ultimate upset and keep the Grey Cup from landing in Rider hands. :cr: :cr:
"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi
Luke
All Star

Congrats to the Bomber fans. If only Kevin Glenn were healthy!! :sigh: Oh well. Prove 'em wrong, and win it without him. :rockin:
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the support. It's going to be tough without Glenn, but the Riders are banged up too.

Hopefully Dinwiddie shows well and it turns out to be a great game.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

GO BOMBERS
bbgirl
Legend

Thanks lion24! I'm very happy with the outcome and very sad I can't go to Grey Cup. :bawl:
nelson95
Legend

I predict many handoffs to Roberts
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Thanks Lion24

I know we're big underdogs with Glenn out....but anything can happen.

GO BOMBERS

:s: :s: :s: :s: :s: :s:
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Rammer
Team Captain

Blue In BC wrote:Thanks for the support. It's going to be tough without Glenn, but the Riders are banged up too.

Hopefully Dinwiddie shows well and it turns out to be a great game.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

GO BOMBERS
If the Bombers can keep it close, the pressure of expecting a win may get to the Riders, don't allow any turnovers and you should be in the game.
Entertainment value = an all time low
lion24
Legend

West Coast Blue Fan wrote:Thanks Lion24

I know we're big underdogs with Glenn out....but anything can happen.

GO BOMBERS

:s: :s: :s: :s: :s: :s:
Sean Salisbury won a cup; I am sure Dinwiddie could too :cr: :wink:
lion24
Legend

bbgirl wrote:Thanks lion24! I'm very happy with the outcome and very sad I can't go to Grey Cup. :bawl:
It is just too bad the Lions could not come through as well :bawl: I am similar to you though as I follow the Bombers very closely as you do with the Lions but if they play each other there are no second favourites :yes: :wink:
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

hey , the year after we hosted it we won so i hope it goes the same way for you guys!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
hoonsagain
Starter

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:hey , the year after we hosted it we won so i hope it goes the same way for you guys!!
Five out of the last seven years the team who hosted the previous year won the cup in the following year. The last time a team won the cup in their hosting year was BC, 1994. The pressure of getting to the dance when you are the host must be intense.

hoons
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a... contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty