A long time CFL fan...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joesports
All Star

My father-in-law is facing some serious surgery today, followed by a potentially long recovery. :cr:

As an adult, he's had seasons tickets for every city he's lived in that's had a CFL team. We're talking over 45 years of faithful CFL support, including cities like Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, and now about 15 years with the BC Lions. He remembers hosting Grey Cup parties almost every year, whether his team was in it or not. He's been through really great as well as really bad years with his teams.

He is bummed out that he won't be at the big game on Sunday....he wouldn't even admit he couldn't go until a couple of days ago when they told him they were admitting him to the hospital.

Could I get some positive vibes for him today? He'd be embarassed that I was putting this out there, but I figured other football fans would "get it". :thup:

Mods, feel free to move this to another forum if necessary.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

yea for sure i will
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Rammer
Team Captain

Thoughts and prayers are now being sent in his direction.

Entertainment value = an all time low
omega2000

we'll definitely keep him in our prayers!
Shaggy
Starter

Transmitting positive vibes now....best wishes :thup:
QB Club 63
All Star

Here's hoping the surgery goes well :thup: and he's fully recovered to cheer for a Lions three-peat in 2008! :roar:
FirstDownLions
Rookie

:whs: :cr: Here's hoping all goes well for your father-in-law's surgery. Wishing him a speedy recovery and hope he's well enough to watch the beatdown the Riders will take on Sunday.

:beer: I'll hoist a few in his honor at the game (like I needed an excuse) :lol:
"The quality of a man's life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor." - Vince Lombardi
Migs
Starter

joesports wrote:My father-in-law is facing some serious surgery today, followed by a potentially long recovery. :cr:

As an adult, he's had seasons tickets for every city he's lived in that's had a CFL team. We're talking over 45 years of faithful CFL support, including cities like Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, and now about 15 years with the BC Lions. He remembers hosting Grey Cup parties almost every year, whether his team was in it or not. He's been through really great as well as really bad years with his teams.

He is bummed out that he won't be at the big game on Sunday....he wouldn't even admit he couldn't go until a couple of days ago when they told him they were admitting him to the hospital.

Could I get some positive vibes for him today? He'd be embarassed that I was putting this out there, but I figured other football fans would "get it". :thup:

Mods, feel free to move this to another forum if necessary.
Without a doubt. Give your pa-in-law a big thumbs up from all of Rider Nation!!! From the sounds of it, fans like him are what makes this league as great as it is. :beer:
Stampeder horse walks into a bar and the bartender says..."Why the Long face?"
Stui

Vibes, vibes, and more vibes right at him!

And here's to as quick a recovery as possible.
footy
All Star

:beer: I will be thinking of your father in law with :cr: for a speedy recovery and Leos win.

All the best ! More positive VIBES on its way !
LFITQ
Team Captain

Positive vibes being sent out that he gets to enjoy the game and, more importantly, he has a speedy recovery!!

:rockin: :rockin:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
joesports
All Star

Thanks for all the good wishes so far.
His surgery has now been delayed until tomorrow, as his condition is not stable enough. :sigh:
On the plus side, he has a TV in his hospital room, so he should be able to see the game if feeling well enough. :cr:
Vern Halen
Champion

Our prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery from my family to yours.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Best wishes to your father-in-law. Hopefully having the TV to watch the game will give him some comfort to draw from. Rest assured, he's in our thoughts and prayers. :thup: :yes:
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

All the best to your father in law....and here's to a big Lions victory to get him on the road to recovery. :thup:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.