2007 B.C Lions Schedule

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

2007 B.C Lions Schedule

Home Meal - Road Kill

PRE SEASON
Friday, June 15 vs. Saskatchewan 7:30pm
Thursday, June 21 @ Edmonton 6:00pm

REGULAR SEASON
Thursday, June 28 @ Toronto 3:30pm
FRIDAY, JULY 6 vs. EDMONTON 7:30pm
Friday, July 13 @ Saskatchewan 7:00pm
THURSDAY, JULY 19 vs. HAMILTON 7:30pm
Saturday, July 28 @ Calgary 4:00pm
THURSDAY, AUGUST 2 vs. SASKATCHEWAN 7:30pm
FRIDAY, AUGUST 10 vs. WINNIPEG 7:30pm
Friday, August 17 @ Calgary 7:00pm
FRIDAY, AUGUST 31 vs. MONTREAL 7:30pm
Sunday, September 9 @ MONTREAL 10:00am
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 vs. TORONTO 7:00pm
Saturday, September 22 @ Saskatchewan 4:00pm
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 vs. CALGARY 7:00pm
Friday, October 5 @ Winnipeg 5:00pm
Saturday, October 13 @ Edmonton 12:00pm

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20 vs. EDMONTON 7:00pm
Friday, October 26 @ Hamilton 3:30pm
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3 vs. CALGARY 7:00pm

The schedule is also available here http://www.lionbackers.com/2007schedule.html
Last edited by D on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Two Thursday night games at home and the opener?!? don't thrill me. Great going CFL. Have the opening game of the season for the Grey Cup Champs start at 3:30 local time????. Thursday no less! After all we got to cater to those Toronto fans!

Other than that it doesn't look too bad.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Two Thursday night games at home and the opener?!? don't thrill me. Great going CFL. Have the opening game of the season for the Grey Cup Champs start at 3:30 local time????. Thursday no less! After all we got to cater to those Toronto fans!

One Thursday home game is before a long weekend, so that reduces the load down to the one Thursday night game, and the opener.
Entertainment value = an all time low
pinkfreud

Sir Purrcival wrote:Great going CFL. Have the opening game of the season for the Grey Cup Champs start at 3:30 local time????. Thursday no less! After all we got to cater to those Toronto fans!
Ya! What's up with that? And there's a Friday game in Hamilton in October that starts at 3:30 p.m.!

:thdn:
Last edited by pinkfreud on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Toronto Sports Network.... :thdn:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Rammer
Team Captain

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Toronto Sports Network.... :thdn:
Agreed with that, but I guess we have to look at how they have helped build the CFL back up to respectful levels, and are now forking out more coin due to its success. The CFL does owe TSN somewhat, and we will have to put up with a few games that are not exactly in our primetime viewing hours. I guess the best way to defend TSN on this is by pointing out that just two seasons ago we weren't even able to view a dozen games, now we have them all on TV.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Two Thursday night games at home and the opener?!? don't thrill me. Great going CFL. Have the opening game of the season for the Grey Cup Champs start at 3:30 local time????. Thursday no less! After all we got to cater to those Toronto fans!

What Toronto fans ? They're probably at their cottages when the game is on.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

What gets me is that a 6:30pm local weeknight start isn't even really that good of a deal for Argo fans, although they're getting the somewhat cleaner end of the stick here, to be sure. While we westerners often balk at the eastern power brokers, I don't see this as an instance of catering to TO fans. Who on here would want the Lions starting that early at BC Place? I don't imagine TO would differ any.

This is strictly TSN catering to themselves.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

6:30 would be purrfect for some of us.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:6:30 would be purrfect for some of us.
I respect your point since you regularly make the trip from Victoria; I lived in Victoria myself for nearly three years in the mid 90s and was only able to see three games at BC Place in that era: the 1994 Cup and the 1995 Thanksgiving matinee (for both of which I did same day return), and once in Aug/95 (OT win vs Dunigan & Cudas) when I stayed overnight at a relative's.

Would you cast aside your preference for a 6:30pm start if the ferry had a sufficiently late sailing to get home the same night after a 7pm/7:30pm start? It's something like 3 to 3-1/2 hrs downtown to downtown (am I right on that? It used to take that long on the PCL bus in my Vic days but it's prob worse now with increased population and traffic) so I imagine you'd get home around 2:30am at the earliest with an available ferry, or 1:30am for a 6:30pm start, so it seems a late night either way.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
D
Team Captain

The 2007 Grey Cup Playoffs Schedule
Post-Season Start Times

Toronto (October 18, 2007) – The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today the start times for the 2007 Grey Cup Playoffs that will be broadcast live on the CBC, RDS and Sirius Satellite Radio.

Sunday, November 11 @ 1:00 PM ET: The Grey Cup Playoffs East Semi-Final

Sunday, November 11 @ 4:30 PM ET: The Grey Cup Playoffs West Semi-Final

Sunday, November 18 @ 1:00 PM ET: The Grey Cup Playoffs East Final

Sunday, November 18 @ 4:30 PM ET: The Grey Cup Playoffs West Final

Sunday, November 25 @ 5:30 PM ET: 95th Grey Cup, at Rogers Centre
I own The Grey Cup! .com
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

D wrote:The 2007 Grey Cup Playoffs Schedule
Post-Season Start Times

Toronto (October 18, 2007) – The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today the start times for the 2007 Grey Cup Playoffs that will be broadcast live on the CBC, RDS and Sirius Satellite Radio.

:thup: Smart move to separate the kickoffs within each doubleheader by 3.5 hours. That will allow for OT in the east game without missing the start of the west game, and/or allow the studio crew to do a west preview.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

sj-roc wrote:
D wrote:The 2007 Grey Cup Playoffs Schedule
Post-Season Start Times

:thup: Smart move to separate the kickoffs within each doubleheader by 3.5 hours. That will allow for OT in the east game without missing the start of the west game, and/or allow the studio crew to do a west preview.
Agreed, these start times are ideal. Especially the WF start, it'll give us tailgaters a chance to watch some football before we watch some football. :wink: