Dave Dickenson live studio interview

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

rb wrote:
"...Printers was immature and wouldn't let it die."

"He pouted and sulked."
Hmm ...... sounds like one of the Lionbackers.
almo89
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Forgive me for this but the fence sitting fans piss me off. Why the hell should it matter who is starting at QB? Why should the visiting team's lineup have an effect on whether people decide whether or not to come to a game? People don't seem concerned about spending $100 just to walk into the door at GM Place to watch a last place team with no stars and the Canucks playing their back-up goaltender. Since when is a game against a division rival who can move only two points behind us with a victory not good enough reason to come out? I hate how people like this need reasons to come to games. Here's your reason, WE STILL HAVE A DAMN TEAM THAT IS WINNING!!! I think a lot of these people forget how close the Lions came to not even existing a few years ago. Plus, the team we have now won't be around forever and we're not a lock for this type of success year in and year out, so why not enjoy it while it lasts?

/rant :bang:
Yeah i feel exactly the same way. Lions are the cheapest ticket in town for its entertainment. Doesn't matter who's starting. I'm taking a day off from work to go to this game.
chimpy

don't worry everybody we will get a great crowed, i whish some of the people that all they do is complain about the attedance, please leave, i use to be one of those people and i have relaized that, it is not going to help anything, tha lions are lot more popular than they have been since when Doug Flutie was here that is a ancomplishment all by it self, so if you have complaints about the attendace take your resume the lions office and go fix it.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

No Joe, you're not exactly correct. People go into GM place to watch a last place team because they've season's tickets.

Fans in every sport all around the world will buy tickets if a major star is coming.. star power. Just watch all the hoopla around Sid the Kid. It's not just the CFL.

But I agree it shouldn't matter with the way this team is entertaining if you're on the fence.
David
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:But I agree it shouldn't matter with the way this team is entertaining if you're on the fence.
I find it hard to believe that the Lions wouldn't see an attendance spike for their next home game after their thrilling come-from-behind victory. Then again, that lovely 33 yard dart on 3rd down into the waiting arms of Geroy Simon with :34 seconds left should have been the impetus for the casual fan to rush out and buy a ticket. Instead, Eric Tillman sabotaged the feel-good storyline in the days following the win by climbing his pulpit to denunciate Wally Buono and tarnish the Lions organization, so that all we saw over and over on the sportsnews was a heat-of-the-moment melee and cries of "dirty players." :bang:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar