DVD Torrent Found, BC @ SSK, Sept 22 2007

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

vegomatic
prospect

Can be downloaded here.
CB123
Legend

i dont understand bit torrent lol. Iv got it to work for me a couple times when downloading stuff, but most of the time it just sits there and does nothing. (like now)
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
jim604
All Star

torrents rely on users actually sharing... so if nobody with the file is online...you download nothing. only effective if people actually share.
vegomatic
prospect

A beginners guide to BitTorrent. Please feel free to ask questions or clarify as needed.

1. BitTorrent is a way of distributing large files. The torrent file itself is a very small file that has information on what the files are and where to find them.

2. You can download the torrent files from many different places. Roughrider game torrents are generally posted to thepiratebay.com. One thing to be aware of is that the torrent file itself is not part of what you're downloading, it's just a pointer that lets your computer find what you want to download. When you download and open a torrent file for a football game, you're not actually downloading the game yet, you're just setting up your computer to be able to download the game.

3. When you click on a link to a torrent in a post, it will take you to a website to download the torrent file. You can click on the "download this torrent" link and it will save the torrent file somewhere on your hard drive. It's important to remember where you saved it because you will need to open it later.

4. Now, you need software that can open the torrent file, make sense of the information and start downloading the actual files you're interested in. Popular BitTorrent clients include uTorrent, Azureus, BitComet and there are many others. You can get a list here. I use uTorrent, so I will tailor these instructions for that client.

5. If you haven't downloaded your client yet, do so now and install it. I'll wait.........

6. After installing (what I assume is) uTorrent, You may just be ready to go, or you may have to configure it a bit. This step assumes you've installed your client and are ready to try it out. Start uTorrent and open up the torrent file you downloaded in step 2. uTorrent will read the file, figure out what you're trying to download and ask where you want to save it.

7. After you've opened the torrent file and chosen where you want to save what you're downloading, your download will show up in the top window of uTorrent. This will tell you how big your download is, how fast you're downloading it and approximately how much time is remaining before your download is complete, among other things. Within a minute or two of opening your torrent file, you should see the download starting (the number under "Down Speed" should be something greater than zero.)

8. If your download is running, you should be good to go. Bear in mind, if you're downloading a football game, and it's just been posted, you'll have to be patient. You may not get the game downloaded for two or three days. This is because, when you start out, there is only one person who has a complete copy of the game, and the whole thing has to be uploaded at least once. The uploads are pretty big and it takes a while for it to finish.

9. Seeds & Peers. You'll notice in your uTorrent window that you're connected to Seeds and Peers. Peers are generally people like you who are downloading the files but aren't finished yet. Seeds are people who have a complete copy of the files, and have kept their bittorrent client open to continue to share it, and make everyone's download that much faster. When the torrent is first published, there is only one seed. As more people finish downloading and remain seeding, subsequent downloads will become faster and faster. It is considered good etiquette and good form to continue seeding after you've finished your download. Creating and uploading DVDs of football games isn't exactly rocket science (neither is rocket science either, for that matter, but I digress) and it's rewarding, but it's very much appreciated when others pitch in to help keep the torrent going.

10. If you have problems in step 6, it could be lots of things. One easy thing to try could be a different BitTorrent client. Usually, you have to configure your firewall to allow your client to talk to the internet. That can sound intimidating if you're not familiar with it, but it's really not that difficult to do. If you don't know where to start, though, you'll get frustrated quickly. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a few sentences that can help you with it because there are so many different types of firewalls around (both hardware and software.) If you have troubles with step 6, it's probably best to ask for specific help, and state the problem you're having in as much detail as you can. (i.e. "it's not working" is not much information to go on)
footy
All Star

Cheers ! will be downloading this torrent :rockin:
CB123
Legend

sweet thanks
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
obs
Champion

Key for torrents is to OPEN UP PORTS if you're using a router/firewall. Otherwise, you get turtle speeds.

I'm surprised at how many CFL torrents I've seen this year, although most are DivX and not DVD.