Printers leaning toward return to Canada

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Hawkballer 14 wrote:Wally is playing with fire for even considering the option of re-signing Printers.

Witness the Rob Murphy interview on The Team 1040; he made it perfectly clear that Printers is not welcome. This from their stud LT who wasn't even here during the Printers saga, who didn't want Casey in the Lions dressing room during the '06 WDF.

Would totally alienate Buck Pierce, who would probably request a trade if Casey returned. In his eyes, he would see this, and rightfully so, as a slap in the face; that Wally thinks he has a better shot of winning with somebody who spent the past two years wearing civvies on gameday.

IMO, there are two places where we will not see Casey sign a contract, both having to do with the QB controversy in 2005: BC (Buono) and Edmonton (Chapdelaine). The other seven franchises have QB's who are one bad game away from creating an open competition.
I wouldn't put too much into the Murphy comments. He is a pro and like others said - Glatt today- he thinks Murphy is more quotable than he is and that he no doubt wants to speak in support of the guys who are here. Glatt likes Printers as he said on team 1040 today.
The players will accept CP just like they would any other player. He is popular with the team IMO.

The Lions have a huge dilemma. DD is hurt and it is not known if or when he can return. Buck is hurt right now too and the only game-ready QB is JJ. The HC wants 3 QBs who can play. I can see the Lions being concerned that CP will go to another CFL team and come back to haunt them and make them look like the Canucks did with Cam Neely. Or, they could figure that in Hamilton he'd do little given the sorry state of the team and their current offense which is not so much designed for CP's skills.
If the Lions decide to sign CP now it wouldn't surprise me. At the same time I am a huge Buck Pierce fan and hope very much that he is the QB of the future in BC. As much as I'd like the DD and BP tandem to continue, it might not be in the cards while Buck readies himself to be no. 1.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Robbie
Hall of Famer

SammyGreene wrote:Best destination in sake of the league: Hamilton (poor Tiger-cat fans need something to be excited about again).
It looks like your sentimental prediction came true, SG. Not only was Printers signed, he became the highest paid CFL QB as well. Yes, hopefully this will bring excitement to Tiger-Cats fans.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

I was saying the same thing. Printers will end up in Hamilton. Maas will get kicked to the curb.

End of story. Cheque please.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:I was saying the same thing. Printers will end up in Hamilton. Maas will get kicked to the curb.

End of story. Cheque please.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:I can see the Lions being concerned that CP will go to another CFL team and come back to haunt them and make them look like the Canucks did with Cam Neely.
But Cam Neely left the team via a trade and not as a free agent, unlike Casey Printers.

In another thread, I will state that despite the fact that Neely had a much better career than Barry Pederson, it can also be subjective as to what constitutes a better career. There's one thing that Pederson has that Neely does not have. And one can easily make the argument that a career is only successful if one has achieved that one thing.