Lions refuse to fly Dave to Montreal

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:I can't believe what I heard on 'NW this morning. Dave's not flying to Montreal? He's staying here? Could he not be a help on the sidelines?

Just shows you how sick Dickenson may be and why it was important to get Dave on the 9 game IR and free up that cap room to TRY and get Casey signed. Mabey the Lions may not have been able to outbid the Ti Cats, but there should've been an effort.

As soon as McDonald asked Wally about the salary cap this morning, Wally interrupted and said he didn't wanna talk about it.

Then we hear that Jason Medlock was phoning Wally after every game and preaching about how his client Printers should been handled, how he should be promoted.

I was not aware that this was happening. In this respect, I can now see the forest from the trees and understand Wally's situation. No coach should have to put up with agent meddling like that. That is just not right.

At the same time though, the fact that the Lions won't fly Dave to Montreal... Jason Maas won't go to Montreal... Printers was on his way to Montreal to sign a contract, then on layover in Cleveland is ordered back to Houston by his agent cause of an offer by Hamilton with the Montreal brass still waiting for Casey to arrive at the airport... it all just doesn't make sense
Get over it. Printers will be a Ti-Cat for the next 3 years. Time to go back to making signs.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Now if they were flying to Halifax... THEN he'd have a reason for not wanting to get on that plane!
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/arti ... 01253_2944
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
120dB
Legend

Mcrae this morning said Dave's not happy about the decision to not let him go to Montreal. He said "Dave's not happy about it". He clearly wants to go. That speaks volumes
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

That speaks volumes
But how LOUD is that volume?
I have my head up my butt - 120db
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

ROTFLMAO :wink: :wink: He keeps setting himself up.
CB123
Legend

I dont think they charter....
They dont, my cousin was sitting on the same plane to calgary last time the Lions went there. lol he text me at like 8 in the morning (i was asleep), saying that Wally was sitting behind him, and Dave was right infront of him.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote:Mcrae this morning said Dave's not happy about the decision to not let him go to Montreal. He said "Dave's not happy about it". He clearly wants to go. That speaks volumes
Yes, because Neil Macrae is the final authority on everything.
Yank In BC wrote: But how LOUD is that volume?
Knowing Macrae... ear-splitting :)
CB123 wrote:
I dont think they charter....
They dont, my cousin was sitting on the same plane to calgary last time the Lions went there. lol he text me at like 8 in the morning (i was asleep), saying that Wally was sitting behind him, and Dave was right infront of him.
My sister shared a plane back from Calgary with them one... regular airline, Westjet or something.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

This is a spam thread, nothing more. Waste of time.

Maybe it has something to do with that mysterious midnight phone call by Braley.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Maybe it has something to do with that mysterious midnight phone call by Braley.
I can explain that. You see, I had crabcakes for dessert that night. Guess he heard and smelled something...from all the way over there. Anyway, I got an earful.
Last edited by Solar Max on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lion24
Legend

WestCoastJoe wrote:This is a spam thread, nothing more. Waste of time.

Maybe it has something to do with that mysterious midnight phone call by Braley.
Is it actually true that Dickenson is not travelling or is it complete bull?? and is it still concussion symptoms? also is Buck really a left handed qb? :wink: My first two questions are actually serious so please answer if anyone has info.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

They aren't dressing, lion24. Gino and Ben will be charting plays, and so it makes little sense to spend money on food, hotels and airfare for two guys who can't play or contribute in a meaningful way.

This isn't the NFL, and teams MUST economize where they can.
120dB
Legend

Of course the Lions have to economize. Why else did Wally sound agitated this morning when asked about the salary cap issue.

Why should they send a player when they're only paying him $ 400,000/year? $ 400,000 isn't a lot of money for the BC Lions, is it? After all, they didn't send him, right? They couldn't afford to, right?

Wally has so much confidence in DD, he didn't put him on the 9 game IR, a big reason why Printers isn't here.

I understand David Braley donated $ 70 million to McMaster University. David Braley had the bucks to make Printers come here even with a SMS penalty. David Braley probably wanted to get printers here but Wally has the upper hand in football operations, so Wally made a block.

Wally Buono is the ONLY reason why Printers isn't here
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

i always thought they chartered..maybe they just charter after a road game? they dont usually sleep the night after a game in an opposing city right? they probably shower up and take the next plane home(charter)
O'Shea

GeroySimonFAN wrote:i always thought they chartered..maybe they just charter after a road game? they dont usually sleep the night after a game in an opposing city right? they probably shower up and take the next plane home(charter)
Let's hope not :twisted:
LFITQ
Team Captain

If DD wanted to go so bad he could have taken some of that $400 grand he is making by sitting on the sidelines and paid for his own plane flight and hotel room. You know, give back to the team.... 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??