Did David Braley make a phone call ?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

No Ordinary Joe
Legend

lion24 wrote:I know this is a serious topic but another hard hitting question came to mind that I have always been curious about and I know it is not as important as "Did Braley make a call?" but did anyone ever come to any decisive answer to the age old question of WHO LET THE DOG's OUT??? It is always something I have wondered about? :thup: :roll:
'00 called, it wants its joke back. :wink:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

It does get complicated. That's why they pay Wally the big bucks.

It's a freebie for anyone to "war game" the possible outcomes, so here is my guess on the possibilities:

1 Dave D is going to retire. If he does not play this year, that is automatic. The Lions would not bring him back. Even if Dave plays later on this year, I think it is his last year (whether we win the Cup or not). Winning the Cup would be quite the way for Dave to go out.

2 If Casey Printers signs in the CFL during this year, it will be with Hamilton or Toronto.

3 More likely, Casey will wait until next CFL season.

4 In that case, BC signs Printers. Dave D is retired. Casey would get the top spot on the QB depth chart, partly because of his salary. Buck would stay as the top number 2 anyone could ever hope for. Gino would be number 3. Jarious would have to give up his dream.

5 I expect BC would be Casey's preferred CFL location. I can't imagine that he would want to go to Hamilton. He would accept a good Toronto offer in the absence of an equal or close BC offer.

6 If another NFL team gives Casey an offer for the Practice Roster this year, he takes it. I doubt if he will get that offer.

7 If Casey does not end up in BC, Buck will be next year's starter. Jarious might still be number 2, but more likely it will be Gino Guidugli, and a new player would be brought in as number 3 (it could be Sankey if he does well this year).

Like I said, there is no charge for drawing up the "war game" scenario.
lion24
Legend

No Ordinary Joe wrote:
lion24 wrote:I know this is a serious topic but another hard hitting question came to mind that I have always been curious about and I know it is not as important as "Did Braley make a call?" but did anyone ever come to any decisive answer to the age old question of WHO LET THE DOG's OUT??? It is always something I have wondered about? :thup: :roll:
'00 called, it wants its joke back. :wink:
Hey, stop making fun of me!! :oops: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP