CASEY PRINTERS, COME HOME !!!!!!!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gerry
Legend

Printers, GO home. Houston Texans, maybe. :cr:
Ravi
Legend

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Hamilton can pretty much hand him the starting job while releasing Maas.

Bishop just returned and you've got that guy.........Damon Allen. If Allen retires, then Toronto becomes destination #1.

Will DA or Bishop play 2nd fiddle to Printers?
DA will likely never take another meaningful snap again. He is not in the Printers equation at all.
Rammer
Team Captain

Canuck_4_Life wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:Hamilton can pretty much hand him the starting job while releasing Maas.

Bishop just returned and you've got that guy.........Damon Allen. If Allen retires, then Toronto becomes destination #1.

Will DA or Bishop play 2nd fiddle to Printers?
You can't just cut Maas. He's now eligible for his full contract for 2007. Trade him maybe, but who will want a $300K+ back up QB?

Easier said than done.
Whoever decides to take Printers, assuming someone does, will have to fork some money over to the league for violating the SMS.

Perhaps releasing Maas isn't the easiest, but I'm sure there are ways around the SMS to free up what's left of his contract, outside of putting him on the 9 game list.
They could release Maas, but his salary would still count against the SMS for Hamilton, unless someone plucked him off the waiver wire now.

CP could get paid a minimal amount and receive more in 08 and on. Medlock has said that there are ways around the SMS, but I suspect that CP will end up on the Chiefs PR and hope and pray that he gets a legitimate opportunity.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Ravi
Legend

Rammer wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:
You can't just cut Maas. He's now eligible for his full contract for 2007. Trade him maybe, but who will want a $300K+ back up QB?

Easier said than done.
Whoever decides to take Printers, assuming someone does, will have to fork some money over to the league for violating the SMS.

Perhaps releasing Maas isn't the easiest, but I'm sure there are ways around the SMS to free up what's left of his contract, outside of putting him on the 9 game list.
They could release Maas, but his salary would still count against the SMS for Hamilton, unless someone plucked him off the waiver wire now.

CP could get paid a minimal amount and receive more in 08 and on. Medlock has said that there are ways around the SMS, but I suspect that CP will end up on the Chiefs PR and hope and pray that he gets a legitimate opportunity.
I believe that KC's ship has sailed, Rammer. Printers has already declined the PR spot and KC has already signed another third string QB. I am about 85% certain that Printers will sign a CFL contract within the next two weeks.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:

Easier said than done.

You could place Maas on the 9 game IR and the remainder of his salary is exempt from the SMS........for a billionaire owner, it's no big deal.
Lloyd
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:

You could place Maas on the 9 game IR and the remainder of his salary is exempt from the SMS........for a billionaire owner, it's no big deal.
It would be difficult to believe the league would be dumb enough to accept Maas going on the 9 game IR as a ploy to evade the SMS.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:
Shi Zi Mi wrote:
Rammer wrote:

It would be difficult to believe the league would be dumb enough to accept Maas going on the 9 game IR as a ploy to evade the SMS.
Does the CFL have a mechanism/procedure in place to investigate it?...........IMHO, it would be handled like the original Maas trade from Edmonton........another rule would come in to being at the end of the season to prevent it happening again.
Lloyd
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Shi Zi Mi wrote:Does the CFL have a mechanism/procedure in place to investigate it?...........IMHO, it would be handled like the original Maas trade from Edmonton........another rule would come in to being at the end of the season to prevent it happening again.
There's always the "whistle-blower" clause in the SMS. Maas is known as being a good team player but in this case I think he'd have a hard time quietly accepting being dumped onto the 9 game list. By accepting a nudge-nudge wink-wink 9 game holiday on the IR he'd be greasing his own skids out of town because the first roster transaction the Ti-Cats would make after the 9 games were up would be to release him.

I get a feeling Hamilton probably does have the sort of cap room needed to to be able to pull off landing Printers in mid-season without going over the top. Maas isn't making near Dickenson money and I doubt Timmy Chang is making Pierce's stipend. They have a very young team that doesn't have a lot of larger ticket contracts. Who would they have in the same payroll stratosphere as Simon, Clermont, Johnson, Murphy? Lumsden maybe? When I go up and down the Hamilton roster and BC's roster I can't see where their payroll could possibly be close to BC's commitments. I also don't think they've had to deal with injuries like BC, Edmonton and Saskatchewan have. With a team in full rebuild mode Desjardins may have deliberately positioned Hamilton to be able to go after some potentially larger ticket contracts amongst the talent pool after NFL cuts.
Last edited by Hambone on Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Maas is reported to be in the $325K range. I suspect the Ti Cats do have SMS room due to all the rookies they added.

I'm just saying it would be unreasonable to think Maas could be placed on the IR on a bogus injury to avoid SMS.

Who would believe it?
maddeep73
Champion

don't bother replying to the thread if you have nothing helpful or sensible to say.
and yet you continue to post? Hmm, take your own advice maybe?
Keepin' it real
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:Maas is reported to be in the $325K range. I suspect the Ti Cats do have SMS room due to all the rookies they added.

I'm just saying it would be unreasonable to think Maas could be placed on the IR on a bogus injury to avoid SMS.

Who would believe it?
The same people who approved the Maas/Davis debacle.
Lloyd