Players of Week for Week #8

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

b]Offensive Player of the Week [/b]

QB – Henry Burris – Calgary Stampeders

BC Lions 45 @ Calgary Stampeders 45

Highlights / Key Stats:

Calgary Stampeders’ quarterback Henry Burris completed 28 of 37 passes for 362 yards and three touchdowns with one interception. Burris also added 50 yards and three touchdowns rushing on 11 carries.

With Calgary trailing by seven late in the game, Burris led the Stampeders on a nine-play, 75-yard touchdown drive to send the game into overtime. He also added a rushing and passing touchdown in overtime to secure the tie.

*Unanimous Selection.

Defensive Player of the Week

DL – Aaron Hunt – BC Lions

Highlights / Key Stats:

In a high-scoring affair that saw the BC Lions and the Calgary Stampeders tied at the end of regulation, Lions’ defensive lineman Aaron Hunt recorded six tackles, including two quarterback sacks for a total loss of 16 yards. Hunt has four sacks on the season.

*Unanimous Selection.

Special Teams Player of the Week

RB – Joffrey Reynolds – Calgary Stampeders

Highlights / Key Stats:

Calgary Stampeders running back Joffrey Reynolds returned four kickoffs for 93 yards, giving the Stampeders excellent field position throughout the game. Reynolds’ longest return went for 28 yards, setting up an early touchdown drive.

Runner Up

K – Luca Congi – Saskatchewan Roughriders

WR – Markus Howell – Calgary Stampeders

Canadian Player of the Week

WR – Jason Clermont – BC Lions

Highlights / Key Stats:

BC’s Jason Clermont hauled in seven passes for 84 yards and two touchdowns. Clermont capped off an 80-yard drive with an eight-yard touchdown reception for BC’s first score of the game. Clermont is ranked second in the CFL with 43 receptions this season.

*Unanimous Selection.
I own The Grey Cup! .com
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Just got the email from the Lions celebrating the POW!

I think the fans of the week are the diehards that hung
around to catch the finale of the Esk/RR game interupted by lightning. I am not so sure I woulda hung around the catch the end of that one. I love football and that is the one thing I think would have me going home early (besides using a voucher to claim my Simon bobblehead later this season :oops: ).