Rooting for the Evil Empire

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Bosco
Team Captain

Once again - thanks to the CBC and their commitment to bad Nick Nolte movies, we're still waiting for the game to resume. :roll:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

When all is said and done, Mighty Casey has struck out.

The Sky Spirits must be sports fans, as today's NASCAR race has been rained out, and it continues to pour here on the Island, and throughout BC.

Saskatchewan is in first place, and the Sky Spirits are crying.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I for one say, let the Riders flirt with greatness. Now they are in the position of having to defend their spot. We will see how the pressure of 1st place rides on their shoulders. Things are a little different on top so it is their chance to demonstrate just how good they are holding the edge and just how good their fans are when they screw the pooch to an undeserving team which does happen from time to time.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:I for one say, let the Riders flirt with greatness. Now they are in the position of having to defend their spot. We will see how the pressure of 1st place rides on their shoulders. Things are a little different on top so it is their chance to demonstrate just how good they are holding the edge and just how good their fans are when they screw the pooch to an undeserving team which does happen from time to time.
They have won the last three games, but I don't think that they have looked like a first place team doing so, very fortunate scheduling for them, much like Winnipeg's run last season. If they begin to face teams that are healthy, they may run into a problem at that point. Otherwise like you suggest, they are basically setting themselves up for the 11 - 0 Lions, winning games that masks their deficiencies.
Entertainment value = an all time low
LFITQ
Team Captain

it continues to pour here on the Island, and throughout BC.
Where does BC stop and start for you? It's not raining here. Hasn't all day. It rained late last night (or was that early this morning) but otherwise it's been cloudy but no rain.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:
it continues to pour here on the Island, and throughout BC.
Where does BC stop and start for you? It's not raining here. Hasn't all day. It rained late last night (or was that early this morning) but otherwise it's been cloudy but no rain.
BC starts in the mid Pacific, goes east through the Atlantic, through Europe and Asia, and ends in the mid Pacific. Or in other words, sooner or later, everybody will be a British Columbian, and it's always raining somewhere.

I will attempt to be more precise when posting metaphorically. Perhaps empirical posting might be better. :wink:
VANRIDERFAN
Rookie

WestCoastJoe wrote:I guess people choose to live there for the weather ... umm ... No

OK, how about the scenery? ... ummmmm ... No

Hmmmmm

Success in the CFL? ...... ummmmmm ... Not usually.

It will remain a mystery.
So I quess you would enjoy an extra 900,000 people in the lower mainland right?
Waving the Rider Pride all over the world
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

VANRIDERFAN wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:I guess people choose to live there for the weather ... umm ... No

OK, how about the scenery? ... ummmmm ... No

Hmmmmm

Success in the CFL? ...... ummmmmm ... Not usually.

It will remain a mystery.
So I quess you would enjoy an extra 900,000 people in the lower mainland right?
LOL :lol:

You kidding me? Much as I love Vancouver, my city of birth, I'm thinking of finding a small town with more sunshine, fewer people, less traffic, less crime and lower prices.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

And room for a 2 combine garage?
VANRIDERFAN
Rookie

Solar Max wrote:And room for a 2 combine garage?
Two new combines would cost the same as an above average home in Victoria.

For that small town, I recommend Comox Valley, you have scenery, skiing, fishing, pretty good weather (don't think you have less rain, could be wrong though) and you could get a nice home for about /4 of what you pay in Van.
bclion99

Once again, F*** the Eskimos.
Always.
If you ain't down with that, you ain't a Lion fan.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

That Eskimos - Riders game was a win - win deal for Lions fans.

If the Riders lose, the Lions are still in 1st place.

And if the Eskimos lose, well that is always a special treat.

I will take the Eskimos loss. It looks like the Riders' did use up some their credits with the boys upstairs though. Without that rain storm out of nowhere, the Esks were probably going to win.
VANRIDERFAN
Rookie

WestCoastJoe wrote:I will take the Eskimos loss. It looks like the Riders' did use up some their credits with the boys upstairs though. Without that rain storm out of nowhere, the Esks were probably going to win.
No way, the boys were on a high with the "blocked?" kick and the defence were monsters out there. Its destiny baby.

(Green Goggles on FULL TINT BABY!)
LFITQ
Team Captain

VanRiderFan, no need for the Green Goggles. I too believed the Riders were well on their way to a victory. They had Mo on their side and even before the weather hit I didn't think the Eskies lead would hold up.

I thought the weather delay was well timed for the Eskies to go into the locker room and regroup and take away the momentum that the Riders had built and maybe let the Riders cool down abit.

Instead the Riders came out fired up and the Eskies came out ready to pack up their tents and head home. I'm not even sure why the Eskies bothered to take the field, they were already on the bye week.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??