Best seat/view in BC Place?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Zarquon
Champion

Me and my buddy sit in Section 40 first row of the upper deck. We had a seat change but there are no other seats in the building I would rather have. We see all the action at the same angle as the TV guys and we also sit at the end of our row which allows for a quick run to the bathroom or concession during TV timeouts.

Like I said best seats in the house.
Rookie

I like the upper deck the best. You get to see the whole field. From farther away, things slow down and you can see plays develop and open men that even the players can't see. Kind of drives me nuts sometimes when I'm screaming ,"Open man! Open man!" and they miss him. I had second row upper deck, right on the centre field line. The best seat I ever had. The acoustics from teh speakers are not the same. They are near ear drum shattering volume, but a little more muffled. The sound of the crowd for some reason is amplified up there. The crowd always sounds larger up there. As you can probably tell I grew up with the dome. I remember going back in the eighties. The place was full, and the whole cememt building would shake because of the crowd. But I digress.

Best seat in the house?

Anywhere in side with a packed, loud dome. (Dome field advantage). No one else in the league can match what we have.

Ya dah ya dah ya dah.

Side note, Wish the province would buck up and install a second replay screen so every seat can have a view of a screen.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rammer wrote:Choice seats to me would be one row down from the tunnel entrance and at the 55 yardline on the Lions side, soemday David is going to allow me to view a game from there....lol
No argument here. I used to have seats like that when I had season tickets. I wasn't on the midfield stripe, but Sec.43; Row DD; seats 1 & 2 were 35 yard line, home side of the field, aisle seats, one row down from the tunnel. If things change to where I can justify season tickets again I'll be looking for the same ones or damned close to them. I like being in the lower bowl. I like being on the home side of the field. I like being on the aisle to get in and out of my seat whenever I want without disturbing anyone. I like being towards the middle of the field and I like being high enough to be able to see how plays are developing. Other than that, location is all about personal preference. Different fans swear by different locations for different reasons, all very valid.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
GeroySimonFAN
All Star

i think the best seats ive sat in are first few rows of upper deck...but i have season tickets in row FF on the lower level and they are pretty good seats...
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

I'd say at midfield, but halfway up the lower tier, like maybe around 10-15 rows up is ideal. But anything like that between the 20's is probably the best. Felions might play a factor into what the best seat is, too.

I got 30-40 yard line, 8th row from the field for the Lions game at Commonwealth, on the Lions bench side, so I can shout out support for them. Should be about right. I wanted to get really good seats that don't get blocked by ads or players and all that junk (Like if you were in row 1. Front row seats in hockey and football are completely overrated.) because it was a road game. My seats at the dome are last row of the 2nd level, so I wanted something closer.

The end zone is only really that great if you're in the upper tier because I don't like not being able to see the back of the end zone. Plus, in a stadium where tickets are relatively easy to get, I have no reason to sit there when I can sit on the side. Of course, though, if it's a big game like Grey Cup 2005 and tickets are hard to get, I'll take lower bowl end zone anytime.
bcbillsfan
Rookie

I am suprised by the number of fans who like the upper deck. I only sat there once, last years WDF, it wasnt bad however I prefer the lower bowl. Grey Cup I was in the end zone, lower bowl with the score board behind me. I didnt like not being able to see the replays. I havent been to a game yet this season, but I have tickets for two games, one game in section 48 row E, and the other in section 19, row O. I am looking forward to both games. Once I will have to get tickets closer to the middle of the field to see what the view is like.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Football wise: Row AA or thereabouts
Felion gazing: Row A near the goaline :lol:
bcbillsfan
Rookie

So Canuck_4_Life, I should be good to go for option number two from section 48 row E :wink: