Mark Cohon attends Hamilton TGer

Buy or Sell Tickets (non profit) Info about the BC Lions in the Community and where Lions fans gather for events like tailgaters

Moderator: Team Captains

Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

CFL commish Mark Cohon dropped by the TGer in Hamilton on Friday.

He asked about the CFL Fans Fight Cancer fund raising and when given the details promptly ripped a $20 off the deck and plopped it into the bin. :thup:

Here's a couple of pics:
Lloyd
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Shi Zi Mi wrote:CFL commish Mark Cohon dropped by the TGer in Hamilton on Friday.

He asked about the CFL Fans Fight Cancer fund raising and when given the details promptly ripped a $20 off the deck and plopped it into the bin. :thup:

Here's a couple of pics:
You can always count on Ping never to miss a photo op: :sigh:
Lloyd
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Pretty sure that 'can't think of his name' guy is Randy (ticatfan). Very cool about the commish dropping by! Anyone ask him about Ottawa? 8)
Real women wear orange!!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:Pretty sure that 'can't think of his name' guy is Randy (ticatfan). Very cool about the commish dropping by! Anyone ask him about Ottawa? 8)
That's not Randy......he was in Nfld and couldn't make this one.

Cohon wasn't there very long and the last thing we wanted to do was drive him off with tough questions.

It was mostly a say hello, talk about the CFFC thingy, take a few pictures and he was on his way.

One thing he did mention, when we identified ourselves as 13thman.com members and invited him to "drop by", was that he has been on the site........so that was pretty cool........I guess you just never know who's reading our posts. :shock:
Lloyd
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

thats cool that he went to ur tailgater!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Well I'm sure that if he reads 13th, he's well aware of how we feel then! 8) I think it's awesome that he came down to shmooze with you guys! Yes indeedy, you just never do know who's reading our stuff-not that it should change what we say or how we say it. :rockin:
Real women wear orange!!
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Is it acceptable to be holding a Bombers flag while wearing a lionbackers.com shirt? I dunno, that seems kinda wrong...
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Soundy wrote:Is it acceptable to be holding a Bombers flag while wearing a lionbackers.com shirt? I dunno, that seems kinda wrong...
That's OK, he's an Argo fan! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
MacNews
Team Captain

That's great to see the Commish interacting with the fans...I cannot see that happening in any other pro league. Except maybe Arena Football but even then probably not.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

CatsEyes wrote:
Soundy wrote:Is it acceptable to be holding a Bombers flag while wearing a lionbackers.com shirt? I dunno, that seems kinda wrong...
That's OK, he's an Argo fan! :wink:
Wow... football *beep* or what! :lol:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

MacNews wrote:That's great to see the Commish interacting with the fans...I cannot see that happening in any other pro league. Except maybe Arena Football but even then probably not.
Yeah, don't think yer like to see Gary Bettman, David Stern, or Bud Selig mingling with the fans that way anytime soon... well, MAYBE Stern, but the others I think would be afraid for their lives...