Murphy unfairly targeted

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
jambi wrote:This thread is the most laughably hypocritical thread I've ever read! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Buck Pierce, Geroy Simon and Wally Buono were all over the television beaking about how Fred Perry's hit on DD was a "dirty play," despite the league (twice!) ruling that the play was completely legal in all respects. You guys still haven't let it drop! Don't even bring up the fact that none of the BC Lions (or their whiny fans) have even bothered to spew even the smallest apology towards Perry.

And you think Murphy is "unfairly targeted" because a mediocre, hot-headed ultimate-fighter defensive end for the super-relevant Edmonton Eskimos mentioned Murphy's name in a newspaper article somewhere? Let's not forget, it's the BC Lions that started the "Perry's hit was dirty" issue in the first place--which is entirely responsible for all the "payback" talk. If you guys would shut up about the legal hit on Dickenson, the refs wouldn't think you have any reason to retaliate.

I would call you guys a whaaaaambulance, but Buono's got them all on call for after tonight's game.

It was a dirty hit who cares what the league said. The officials were gutless and preferred to pretend it wasn't a dirty hit.

Buono sent that tape in as he believes that the rule they put in to protect QBs was not called on that play.

Who the frig cares about who said what to who??? You sound like a little school yard baby when you get into that.

I'll take Buono, Pierce, Simon and anything they say over some whiney little baby!!!

I look at the result of the Perry hit to the head and that is that a good QB for the CFL might be done career-wise due to a hit even his GM acknowledged to Rick Ball was a penalty and should have been called!!

If you want to look at spin, Tillman is talking how his guy is not dirty etc but that misses the point. A good QB has a major injury due to a hit in the face!!!
I don't believe it was a dirty hit. It MAY have been a penalty and I do say MAY have been a penalty at BEST.

And I say that as a Lion fan and a guy that hates the Riders. So take that for whatever you want.
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Hey jambi, how's 1989 treating you?
wildthing
All Star

Shi Zi Mi wrote:
wildthing wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:

It was a dirty hit who cares what the league said. The officials were gutless and preferred to pretend it wasn't a dirty hit.

Buono sent that tape in as he believes that the rule they put in to protect QBs was not called on that play.

Who the frig cares about who said what to who??? You sound like a little school yard baby when you get into that.

I'll take Buono, Pierce, Simon and anything they say over some whiney little baby!!!

I look at the result of the Perry hit to the head and that is that a good QB for the CFL might be done career-wise due to a hit even his GM acknowledged to Rick Ball was a penalty and should have been called!!

If you want to look at spin, Tillman is talking how his guy is not dirty etc but that misses the point. A good QB has a major injury due to a hit in the face!!
!
Tillman made a comment after seeing the play once! yes once. He wasn't watching reviews all game so he made a judgment call when he saw the hit and thought it could be a penalty. He was mistaken, as was Wally and the rest of the BC team. I don't blame Wally for sending the tape in, he felt a call was missed, he was wrong. The league has determined it clean and we as fans have to accept it. You are not qualified to overrule the decision if it was clean or dirty, nor am I. First time I saw it I agree it could have been flagged, but I am not a ref and not the group responsible for rule interpretation. Its time to deal in BC with the fact it was a legitimate hit. BC fans better hope their team has dealt because if not, it will be a long night of penalties and ejections for the orange guys and I suspect the refs will have a close eye on Murphy and Jiminez all game as they will expect them to try and get vengence.
Just because the cowards in the league office didn't have the balls to do the right thing and penalize Perry, doesn't make the hit legitimate/legal.

Even you, through your incredibly green glasses, were initially able to see clearly that it was an infraction at the time, but then your bias took over and common sense and logic went out the window.
Just because I believe it could have been flagged desn't make it an illegal play. I am not a ref and do not have the training to make the call. As I watched replays I questioned more and more if my first reaction was correct or not. Turns out I was right to question my initial judgement on the play as the qualified people to make the call deemed the hit legal.

based upon your comments am I correct to assume you have never made a decision/judgement on something and questioned it later? I would call bull if you say that because everyone at some point second guesses themselves on something.