Waterboy Road Trip

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Quesdad
Champion

Well back...no voice and not sure I've sombered up yet. It all started Friday morning flying out of PG to Vancouver (to pick up the team of course..luckily I had been advised I was flying out with the team so got a rear Aisle seat so less chance of seating with Offensive or Defensive Linebackers!!). Wally and I spoke briefly (about Caddy's and me being the reserve QB...of course my nine yard Hail Mary could be the play we need.").Scott met us on the field and welcomed us and let us walk around freely while the guys came out for a session. It was blistering hot down on the field, and even with a breeze the air was hot. Spoke to Bobby and Wally before Wally had to go "change". While Bobby and I were walking over the rest of the Waterboys I asked If I could take him down to the Tailgate the next game I'm to..."I'd be pleased to Tom". So there you have it, Brian I expect miracles as usual from your Grill, and I promise to post which game at the earliest, so we can give him a reception he deserves for the team we have. (No Wally won't come out but we might be able to arrange something else and I'll let you know if I get the go ahead!! Read Grey Cup!!!
Well of course that aftrnoon and evening has to be kept on message...we had a quiet evening talking and musing about the up coming game...and if you believe that there's some swamp land for sale down south

Next morning breakfast with the team. Entering all together Wally comes up to me and says two to a table I want you to mix with the team!!Oh heh, I need that prompting!!!So I spot Alexis and of course we say hi (Ken can explain) so I sit with Clermont Pierce, Gino, and was joined by first Geroy, Josh then of course Wally where we carry on the QB panding career (And you though DA was the old guy on the field!!!). I explained to everyone my planned Hail Mary (I can only get the ball nine yards out! Wally but your seven yards behind the centre... thats ok I look at the Receivers you guys just run to the front of the center seeing back there it will be a blitz!!They all laughed...They didn't know how serious I was..Well good thing I knew what was coming next...This was my rookie road trip with the Team...So I got to perform. Well I told Washington, I'll sing but you poor suckers got to listen. Angus called us rookies up and thankfully George lead the choir. I enjoyed it but I can assure you it was punishment for those who listened!!
From there we headed out to the stadium after consumming some liquid courage to face those Stampeder fans, in the Red and White Club. Had supper and had Scott intorduce us to the crowd and we broke into the fight song. (We sang it every chance we could so now I reaqlly know the words and hold my belt bucket during the first RAh's so I don't hesitate into the next verse (those who know the song know what I mean).
Then Scott took us down behind the bench unitl after the kick-off. I've been a Lion fan since I was fifteen, anf I'm 59 now so you could imagine the emotional impact . Thumbs up to Wally an acknowledgement Geroy comes up " We're here for you go for it, we will he says, Well I could name off the guys but Ken willpost the pics, but they aren't great my eyes were quite watery at the time (I explained it as must of got the sun screen in my eyes...don't think anyone believe it either). Going past the broadcast booth everyone waved and I put out my fist to Milligan and he saw the ring immediately he gave a thumbs up and "Great".
Well we sat in the bleachers and sang , cgeered, bet plays, drank beer that seemed never to stop coming...in cans no plastic!!!
Well ended up in a pub with some of the Riders and their fans and boy pictures were taken of the ring over and over again. Good chick magnet I was told but it seemed they were closer to my Grandaughters age than mine!!!!!See the Thelwell topic for my conversation with Reynolds and I'll have Ken post Reynolds and my picture in that one(tomorrow possibily).
Well theres a million stories in Calgary, this last weekend, thats part of one!!!I promised the rest of the waterboys I'd stay on message but some pictures could give you a hint!!
Next year we're trying to coordinate a Montreal road trip...that I will be on...St.Catherines was fine when I was in my twenties wonder what I'll think at 60!!!
Ballistic Bob
Legend

What a great read. Thnx for sharing. The next TG at home vs Calgary sounds like the place to be . Thnx again BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
Rammer
Team Captain

Very much enjoyed that, but somehow it seems to pale in comparison as to how you enjoyed the weekend. Thanks for sharing. :yes: :thup:

BTW, your passing distance is just about right for a TG'er though. :wink:
Entertainment value = an all time low