Fatburger cancels Orange Card discount

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

MacNews
Team Captain

Ever since Fatburger opened their restaurant on Denman, becoming the first Fatburger in Canada, they were a part of the Orange Card program. But since the first year their participation as the "Official Burger" BC Lions has been going downhill:

-Year 1 gets you 20% off food and drink
-Year 2 gets you 15% off food
-Year 3 gets you no discount as Fatburger left the Orange Card program

Anyone else disappointed?

I love Fatburger because they have good prices, quality food and friendly service. They don't cook your food until you order it and your pop has unlimited refills at the self-serve fountain. Plus they had huge burgers that were a rung higher than fast-food on the quality scale. A double Kingburger is challenge for anyone to finish.

The 20 then 15% off food was the extra incentive for me to go out of my way to Denman and enjoy a quality, filling meal. Now they've opened a location by Stadium Skytrain, the purrfect place to enjoy a pre-game meal.

Just as I'm getting ready to enjoy a season stopping by my favourite eatery before games the Orange Card goes out, sans Fatburger!

I'm ticked off to see a company feel they don't get enough benefit out of the Orange Card program and also annoyed because I loved eating the Official Burger of the Lions!

Anyone else got a Fatburger tale to tell? I was impressed they offer beer there now, which completes the menu. If only they supported the Orange Card... :sigh:
Robbie
Hall of Famer

That's too bad about Fatburger. I see they are still being listed as a Preferred Partner restaurant.

http://www.bclions.com/index.php?module=page&id=3120
MacNews
Team Captain

The Lions are slow when updating their restaurants from season to season.
Rick James
Legend

i never recieved an orange card this season. i assumed the Lions stopped doing it.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Rick James wrote:i never recieved an orange card this season. i assumed the Lions stopped doing it.
Hi Nick I got two. Probably yours. Ill put it aside for you. Bob
MacNews
Team Captain

Rick James wrote:i never recieved an orange card this season. i assumed the Lions stopped doing it.
What's the point of the program if ST-veterans "assumed the Lions stopped doing it?" :bang:

I don't know, maybe there are going to be some missing pieces with over 20K subscribers.
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Bummer about Fatburger not being on the orange card.

I haven't even had one yet

I noticed yesterday that there is a new branch right beside Ricky's at Stadium station, purrfect for me coming in on the train.
Bighill is Badass
Photog
Legend

Make the switch to Vera's. :rockin:
The Official Has-Been.
Sharpo

Ricky's restaurant has also cancelled the card. Darn that was useful when I had to take grandma out to brunch. :(
MacNews
Team Captain

Photog wrote:Make the switch to Vera's. :rockin:
Is it close to the Stadium?
Photog
Legend

MacNews wrote:
Photog wrote:Make the switch to Vera's. :rockin:
Is it close to the Stadium?
I meant in general, not on gameday.
The Official Has-Been.
MacNews
Team Captain

Well I'll give it a try sometime, but it'd be nice to find a good pre-game burger place if I don't have time to BBQ at the TG.