Balsillie "Copps" another deal...

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

The Hamilton market infringes on the Leafs rights, that is his biggest opposition to begin with, let alone move into their area.....Leafs can't stand to have more competition and with their track record I can understand. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
smphantom
Legend

Another Canadian team is a good thing! :thup:
Stay thirsty my friends.
Rammer
Team Captain

smphantom wrote:Another Canadian team is a good thing! :thup:
Winnipeg and Quebec are just beckoning to be added as well by my accounts.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Black99GT

Bettman recently said that if a team does come to Canada again that Winnipeg is where he'd like it. But will there be enough corporate support in Winnipeg? Winnipeg does have a newer arena, only a few years old(the MTS Centre) but it is kind of small. i think i read somewhere that it seats just over 14,000 or so. In Quebec City they don't even have an arena to accomodate an NHL team as far as i know?.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:The Hamilton market infringes on the Leafs rights, that is his biggest opposition to begin with, let alone move into their area.....Leafs can't stand to have more competition and with their track record I can understand. :beer:
It also infringes on Buffalo's territory.

That's why the relocation to Hamilton would only be temporary.

Recently read that Basillie has property near Kitchener/Waterloo (where Basillie is from) that can accommodate a new arena........and that is just far enough away that it does not infringe on either teams' territory.

Logic says the team would stay in Hamilton until the new arena is built in K/W and because it is close enough to Hamilton, the effect on ST holders/fans would be minimal.
Lloyd
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It's obvious that the days of Nashville having a NHL franchise are numbered.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Interesting story I was told by my buddy who was drafted by Nashville and attended a couple of rookie camps..........when they were excavating for the arena they dug up a sabre tooth tiger..........supposedly it was the inspiration for the Predators name/logo.........and they have the skeleton on display in the arena.
Lloyd