Canucks 2007-08 uniforms

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

D
Team Captain

here are a few of the ideas being floated on the net .... I love the Johnny Canuck and A B D G and J ... altho the Canucks are dnieing some of these looks .... don't believe them .... I mean really what do you expect them to say :lol:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
David
Team Captain

Ummm....I'll take the original 1970-71 uniform thank you.

(Note the "V" on the sleeves in the first season)

:thup:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

I like C & D
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

The Johnny Canuck on I and J is too reminiscent of the NY Islanders' unlamented Captain Highliner experiment for my liking.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

David wrote:...their 1970's blue w/green and white trim and white w/blue and green trim uniforms with the simple yet effective hockey stick in rink logo (which, if you look closely, is actually a stylized "C"). ...
I see the stylised C as well, but I usually just see it as a smiling head (of a whale, perhaps?) in profile... just add a puck for an eye to complete the look...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Whisperin' Jimmy
Starter

Maybe I'm cynical, but don't modern teams change uniforms in order to sell more jerseys to the true believers? English soccer clubs seem to have pioneered this scam. Now that I think about it, the CFL seems a bastion of consistency.

As for the glorious orange Canuck bumlebee-V sweaters - I was sitting in a pub in a little Welsh village in 1982, and out the window I saw a guy wearing one of those. So I chased him down the street. Turned out he had bought it in a jumble sale, because it was so ugly he thought it looked punk. :rockin:
"Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." -George F. Will
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Since we're on the subject of revenue and hockey jerseys I propose that the Canucks copy what the European teams are doing and decorate their jerseys with sponsor's logos. We can have one for Molson's beer, Canadian Tires, Ford logos etc. The possilities are endless. :wink: