Introduce yourselves

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

TROOPER wrote:Hey Lions Fans,

I'm 22, was born in the beautiful town of Invermere and now hail from Kamloops. Just completed my third year with a local firefighting contractor getting ready for my second year of sciences at UCC in Kamloops (embarrassed to say I never fought any local fires saw action in Wash State, Banff and Kootney parks however my younger brother was in Osoyoss, Falkland and Kelowna on our other strike team.) I have dreams of flying airliners for a living someday and recently completed my 200 hrs. for my basic commercial licence. I've been hooked on the CFL since watching my first game, the 1989 Grey Cup classic. Attended 98, 99, 00, and 02 Grey Cups with 00 being by far the best :rockin: . Love taking road trips with my buddies to see the Lions and Canucks. I think that's about all except for I'm single and still live at home :lol: .

LIONS FOREVER, Vince
Hey Trooper I grew up in Cranbrook and I see that NVGUY hails from the Kootenays as well, nice to see the support of the Lions from the SE corner of the province.

I moved from Cranbrook to Calgary and lived ther for about 10 years and moved down here for the past 10 years. Grew up loving watching the CFL games, all of one of them per week at that time, I recall many rainy games at Empire that influenced the outcome on the games sometimes in our favor, but sometimes not. Super gald that the Lions have an indoor stadium, where the weather doesn't change the outcome of games. Although from what I have see here, most game nights have been good to great weather.

I didn't see my first live game until I was 18, and it was in Calgary in -30C weather with a cross wind that put the temp even lower, I learned after that game not to keep my feet on the concrete under the seats as man, were my feet frozen.

I make sure my family has the chance to see the games live as much as possible and have 4 children to very proud of. So the next generation of Lions fans are well under way. :thup:

Hope to see some of you at the tailgaters.
Entertainment value = an all time low
brenno

Hey Y'all My names Brennan, im 16 am in grade 12 in high school and a real Lions Fan. I dont have season tickets but have attended all games this season which is why im gonna get some season tix next year. I love the Canucks and I play hockey in PoCo. Ive been on Lionbackers for a couple years and its truly the best Lions site :thup: Well thats as much as i can think to share and i hope everyones planning to attend the Lions vs Edmonton game so we can hopefully get very good attendance
Lionsfan1976
All Star

(from the secret file of Lionsfan1976...)

name: n/a

fan interest in Lions: season ticket holder 1995, 2001 - present

seat location: sec. 45, row G, seats 1 and 2

Orange or Black? : Black

jerseys owned: Passaglia, Millington, and Simon (just bought at the Ti-Cat game last week)

first game ever attended: 1986, Lions vs. Sask., Lions won!

best win ever witnessed: 2002, Lions vs Montreal

worst loss ever witnessed (on TV): 1988 Grey Cup...why didn't they go for the FG???

best trade in Lion's history: Lions trade for Matt Dunigan (even though we lost Sandusky)

worst trade in Lion's history: Lions trade Matt Dunigan

most surreal Lion's moment: August 8th, 2003, about 9 in the morning, frozen food aisle in the Whalley Safeway...Carl Kidd is doing his grocery shopping, two bandages on his brokenfingers, and he was going to play that night against the Stamps at home...I walked past him, pushing my cart..."Hey Carl, good luck tonight!" he said "Hey, thanks a lot!"...

favorite NFL team: Chicago Bears

(between being a Lions fan and being a Bears fan, I've had a lot of REALLY lean years...)

"I like BC Place Stadium, but...": they have to change the sink taps in the washrooms! Why do they think we're incapable of the awesome responsibility of controlling the flow of water? It's ridiculous! Am I right? Am I?

prediction for the current season: Lions host a playoff game...and win it!

If there's anything else you;d like to know, just ask. Maybe I'll answer it.
Lion_Pride_26
Legend

Yo! The name is Dan, and I'm the youngest on this forum, 2nd to Skate Vancouver. I'm 15 and I WAS a Stamps fan, but I've been a Lions fan ever since I moved to BC. Look for me at Section 43 with a Carl Kidd (Home Jersey). :thup: :thup:

See my Hall of Fan page for further details. :wink:
Jockey_Girl

actually i'm the 2nd youngest here :wink:
i'm 14yrs old :yes: but i can pretend to be older :twisted:
u can read my profile on the first page 8)
redoxian

I'm 20 years old, born and raised in Vancouver.
I've been a Canucks & Lions fan for over a decade.
In 1994, I attended a Lions kids fantasy football camp and met many of the soon-to-be Grey Cup champs.
The one thing I regret today is losing my Lions cap with lots of autographs.
Docbeer
Legend

I'm 25 (American) which equals 33 Canadian...I'm just a fan who loves to support the lions...I can't stand the Canucks but will cheer for them if they are not playing my beloved Bruins...I love Labbatt Blue, mexican food and fly fishing... :beer:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
crazy blue

I'm at the rip age of 20. Born and rasie in the PEG.(okay......stop laughing....) HUGE sports fan; I'll watch anything from slam ball to golf. I have season tickets to the Bombers for the last 4 years. Came to this lovely site last November to harrass Lions fans about the up coming playoff game.
I'm pretty much married with a long term relationship of 4 1/2 years. :sigh: :lol: And I am a travelling man. Been to three corners of the US and all over Canada. Been to Europe 3 times and planning another to Eastern Europe for Early 2004.

CB
J-Leo

Turning 27 on Monday (Sept 1). Became a Lions and Canucks fan when I lived in Kamloops for five years (when I was 7 years old)...my big brother was the sports fan so that's what exposed me to the great world of athletics. Also lived in Moose Jaw (that's why I've got a soft spot for the 'Riders).

I think my first CFL game was at Taylor Field (I was 7 so I don't remember it that well...we used to go to a lot of games there). I first saw a game in BC Place between the Argos and Lions in the early 80s. Most memorable game I went to was during Expo '86 when the Leos played the Green 'Riders. My family ahd got tickets from the Premier of Saskatchewan (my uncle went to high school with him). My brother and I were told we'd have to cheer for the 'Riders but we showed up with our Lions T-shirts on and cheered like mad for the home team. They made us sit 2 rows ahead of them (I was 10). Good Times.

Live and work in Edmonton now (went to university in Calgary). Love all football (CFL #1). I also golf, ski, fish, bike, and do pretty much any sport around. I do PR for a large engineering/architecture firm here. Got married last November (Grey Cup weekend here in Edmonton - we had a great gift opening/Grey Cup party!) That's about it. 8)
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Hi. Im Ballistic Bob. Im as old as the Lions. Saw Joe Kapp. Shook his hand at the bar he owned on Broadway. in the seventies. 30 years with the VFD. Very cool job. Loved the lions since my days sitting in the Woodwards QuarterBack Club. Have become a rabid fan lately. Have been carrying signs around the dome. Lots of pictures taken and high fives. The gigs a blast. Miss those Krazy George days so thought I would help out. Joined the Fan Club to. This forum is great. Nice to know this town is not all hockey. Season ticket holder off and on for years. Will attend next TGP and introduce myself. Hope the signs are O.K. Trying to keep them PG rated. Have a boy fifteen and a girl twelve. Loyal fans. My son assures me he will carry on the tradition. Hope that fills in a few blanks. By the way who is the girl wearing a bandana. Yeah baby. Go Lions Go P.S. My new Lic/ Plate reads GO LEOS
agent2
All Star

Over 40, grew up in east van, now live in kits, born and raised in Vancouver (a rarety). Love playing baseball, don't like watching it, love playing soccer, don't like watching it, never played organized football, love watching it. I ski a little and love every sports team "Vancouver" (and SF 49ers), I became a fan as a little guy in '64 and became a bigger fan when my brother's friend played for them in the '70s and hung with some in the '80s. I'm not single and go to games sometimes with boozer buddies and other times with my 11 y.o. daughter. My CFL flashback: back in the '70s watching sask beat lions on tv on last play of game, while under the influence of mind altering substance and only being upset for a few minutes.
trapp77

Hi, I'm born and raised in Vancouver, a 22 year Lions fan , 35 years old and been living common law for 7 years now. I have a seasons ticket but I actually have friends who want to go to games now who never really seemed interested so I have been moving my seat around. I have met some lionbackers and they are all very good people and hope to meet more in the future.
D
Team Captain

I have been moving my seat around
we were wondering were you got to
I own The Grey Cup! .com
cfl_bombers

Hi, I'm a 15 year old kid, born and still living in Winnipeg. I love almost all sports...I row, swim, and play ping pong on the provincial team. My favourite teams in all sports include, the Blue Bombers, Seahawks, Canucks, Super Sonics, Expos/Phillies, and Amsterdam Ajax as well as Feyenoord. :yes:
KillerWhale

Well atleast you made one smart decision with the Canucks, dont know about your other selections though :twisted: