Crazy Storm

Must be 18 to enter! Talk about anything but Football

Moderator: Team Captains

Crazy Storm

Postby BEEECEEE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:38 pm

Never expeirenced something like that before. Power just came back now here in Surrey.
Formely sfu_guy
BEEECEEE
All Star

Postby jeepdude50 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:44 pm

there is an advisory from GVRD for people not to drink tap water for the time being. Here's the link...

http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/media/news-releases.htm

But I agree... pretty crazy weather. :hypno: :shock:
jeepdude50

Postby Lions_Fan_4_Life » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm

ahaha I drank tap water at my skool and it was awesome:D
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Postby TheLionKing » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:55 pm

Lions_Fan_4_Life wrote:ahaha I drank tap water at my skool and it was awesome:D

That will account for your spelling. :lol:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Postby MacNews » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:06 pm

Lesson 1: How not to design a webpage

I couldn't find the boiled-water advisory if I tried, it should be front and center! :thdn:
MacNews
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby pinkfreud » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:25 pm

The Vancouver Coastal Health Authority has some information too:

http://www.vch.ca/public/update.htm

Let's hope there are no power interruptions on Sunday!

:shock:
pinkfreud

Postby Robbie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:44 am

pinkfreud wrote:The Vancouver Coastal Health Authority has some information too:

Thanks for the link, pinkfreud. I didn't know that boiled water should be cooled thoroughly before drinking. I'm sure supermarkets are doing well in selling bottled water now.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Postby Solar Max » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:18 am

Umm...sorry but for those of us that are out of town....was it a windstorm or something?
Solar Max
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby Robbie » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:30 am

Solar Max wrote:Umm...sorry but for those of us that are out of town....was it a windstorm or something?

Heavy wind and rain.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columb ... storm.html
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Postby CatsEyes » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:17 am

Solar Max wrote:Umm...sorry but for those of us that are out of town....was it a windstorm or something?

Here in the colonies experienced some wind and some rain also. Don't think there was a water advisory though. Whatever would we dilute our fish juice with? :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Postby KnowItAll » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:20 am

North Delta water still fine. We must get our water from the 3rd resevoir(sp?)that did not have as bad readings :cr:
From the pages of dumb crooks

"Freeze, Mother-Stickers, this is a F--- Up"
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Postby MacNews » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:36 am

KnowItAll wrote:North Delta water still fine. We must get our water from the 3rd resevoir(sp?)that did not have as bad readings :cr:

Seeing as how the whole GVRD is under the boil-water advisory I wouldn't drink it. I don't know how the Coquitlam resevoir is, but the Seymour and Capilano watersheds are obviously shot.
MacNews
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby KnowItAll » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:41 am

MacNews wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:North Delta water still fine. We must get our water from the 3rd resevoir(sp?)that did not have as bad readings :cr:

Seeing as how the whole GVRD is under the boil-water advisory I wouldn't drink it. I don't know how the Coquitlam resevoir is, but the Seymour and Capilano watersheds are obviously shot.
we been drinking bought water for the last 12 yrs anyhow. One good thing about that is we always have between 30 and 60 gallons of drinking water for any emergency that might happen.

However, we have been brushing teeth with tap water before we heard of the advisory, but on the plus side, the water is completely clear, none of the brown they been showing on TV.
From the pages of dumb crooks

"Freeze, Mother-Stickers, this is a F--- Up"
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Postby MacNews » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:57 am

KnowItAll wrote:on the plus side, the water is completely clear, none of the brown they been showing on TV.

Put it in a cup and look for brown. Go ahead, the risk is mild, but if you've got those big jugs in your house anyways, just use that.
MacNews
2014 MVP
2014 MVP

Postby pinkfreud » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 am

Robbie wrote:
pinkfreud wrote:The Vancouver Coastal Health Authority has some information too:

Thanks for the link, pinkfreud. I didn't know that boiled water should be cooled thoroughly before drinking. I'm sure supermarkets are doing well in selling bottled water now.

I think they're stating that as a safety precaution, so that people don't burn themselves. When they write these things, they can't assume eveyone has common sense.

All of Marpole was in Safeway last night buying water when I stopped in.

MacNews wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:on the plus side, the water is completely clear, none of the brown they been showing on TV.

Put it in a cup and look for brown. Go ahead, the risk is mild, but if you've got those big jugs in your house anyways, just use that.

Ya, the bacteria are colourless. The brown colour is from the dirt and muck, which is a red flag that the water might contain higher than normal levels of bacteria. Even if your water isn't brown, I would do as MacNews says and use your bottled water.
pinkfreud

Next

Return to Lionbackers Pub