Moderator: Team Captains

nelson95
Legend

Liar for Hire
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Robbie wrote:Well said, Pinkfreud, for your 1000th post. :beer:

I see you went ahead and created this thread after I hesitated. Thanks. I'm interested in what others have to say about this topic.
:sigh: I didn't get no 1000 post love when I got to that milestone a full day and a half earlier, AND when I even pointed it out. Guess I'm no pinkfreud! SHE rocks! :yes:
Real women wear orange!!
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Whisperin' Jimmy wrote:
Robbie wrote:In light of all this discussion about male cheerleaders, here's another question for all of you. Suppose you have a son who is in high school or college. And he insists on joining the school's cheerleading squad. Would you freak out and would you try to talk him out of it? Would you feel embarrassed telling others that your son is a cheerleade]
I'd have no problem with it. Cheerleading seems to be developing into a legitimate sport. Maybe kind of a silly one, but then that's what I thought about football before my son starting playing.

Notice that the university uniforms are way less provocative, more like the ones the young girls - oops, cheerpersons - wear. Whereas the Felions are way more old-school eye candy. Could it be that redneck Edmonton is actually more socially progressive than Vancouver about this? Naah, that's just heresy! :roll:
The big difference is those are CHEER teams and the Felions are a DANCE team.

I know some of you will get all upset over this but to me the only difference between the Felions and a stripper at No.5 is the last song.

You are right though Whispering Jimmy they are "way more old-school eye candy" and not a cheer team.

And as for my son wanting to be a cheerleader in HS, yes I would talk him out of it. It's tough enough dealing with the normal *poop* of 4 years of HS. And you can say it is acceptable more so now then before, but doesn't mean it is acceptable to a point where he wouldn't have to deal with unneccesary *poop*.

But it is Canadian HS Sports so if your son was a cheerleader, would anyone know, since the student body doesnt go to games?
I have my head up my butt - 120db
CB123
Legend

Suppose you have a son who is in high school or college. And he insists on joining the school's cheerleading squad. Would you freak out and would you try to talk him out of it?
I have to admit that I would freak out and try to talk him out of it. Sure I guess if he really really wanted to do it, its his decision in the end, but I wouldn?t encourage him at first...

I know that isn?t open minded but its just the way I am lol.
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
orphan cub
Champion

Yank In BC wrote: The big difference is those are CHEER teams and the Felions are a DANCE team.

I know some of you will get all upset over this but to me the only difference between the Felions and a stripper at No.5 is the last song.

You are right though Whispering Jimmy they are "way more old-school eye candy" and not a cheer team.

And as for my son wanting to be a cheerleader in HS, yes I would talk him out of it. It's tough enough dealing with the normal *poop* of 4 years of HS. And you can say it is acceptable more so now then before, but doesn't mean it is acceptable to a point where he wouldn't have to deal with unneccesary *poop*.

But it is Canadian HS Sports so if your son was a cheerleader, would anyone know, since the student body doesnt go to games?
ouch, diss on Cdn HS athletics support...

succinct post Yank, case in point: the First Down ass shimmy and hair toss. :sigh:

ha ha props on the "last song" comment. wait a minute, how do you know about the last song?? but whatever, the demographics must be legit or they wouldn't bother having them on the field, right?

annother voice on the male cheerleader concept: as a single female, I'd date a male cheer team member ANY day. They are athletic, usually very confident in themselves and would probably tend to be way more positive and happy than down in the dumps. most importantly, they're comfortable around women.

oh that and they could flip me around in the air...

I'm just sayin', is all... :wink:
2006 Grey Cup Champions
C. Moorehead

Yank In BC wrote:I know some of you will get all upset over this but to me the only difference between the Felions and a stripper at No.5 is the last song
Hmm. I think this last song thing needs to be reported on.
I'll check it out and get back to you.
O'Shea

They are athletic, usually very confident in themselves and would probably tend to be way more positive and happy than down in the dumps. most importantly, they're comfortable around women.
Hmmmm..... In other words.... GAY!?? :lol:

A couple of results for: "Gay" as found on dictionary.com

1. having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2. bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

ouch, diss on Cdn HS athletics support...
On the support yes, but not on the athletes/coaches
I have my head up my butt - 120db
orphan cub
Champion

O'Shea wrote:
They are athletic, usually very confident in themselves and would probably tend to be way more positive and happy than down in the dumps. most importantly, they're comfortable around women.
Hmmmm..... In other words.... GAY!?? :lol:
meh. label it what you want but I prefer to spend time with upbeat, positive guys who are outgoing and who are always up for something fun... did I mention they could also flip me in the air? heh. heh.

I guess you could say I've met a few guys who are "downers", and they just seem to suck the life right out of ya.
2006 Grey Cup Champions
O'Shea

orphan cub wrote:meh. label it what you want but I prefer to spend time with upbeat, positive guys who are outgoing and who are always up for something fun. I guess you could say I've met a few guys who are "downers", and they just seem to suck the life right out of ya.

hmm taking Mooreheads' lead, this too may require some research... :wink:
:lol: Research it is... way to sacrifice for the cause OC. Field trip?? :wink:

I hear you on the "downers" who are no fun to be around. I'd go for a moderately attractive guy with a great sense of humor and adventure, over a super hot body who never made me laugh at all. :roll: Lucky for me the current roster includes a stellar specimen who has most attributes I find important - save for the football addiction, which is a bit of a problem.

I didn't find any of the Male Cheerleaders that were posted all that attractive, but they did look very happy! If they want to be cheerleaders who cares... as long as they are happy.
pinkfreud

Personality is way more important to me than looks. And being positive is definitely important. However, too much spunk would drive me crazy. I like an upbeat attitude with a little sarcasm infused now and then. And I'd rather be tackled than thrown up in the air. To each their own preference when it comes to masochism.

:wink:
pinkfreud

CatsEyes wrote:
Robbie wrote:Well said, Pinkfreud, for your 1000th post. :beer:

I see you went ahead and created this thread after I hesitated. Thanks. I'm interested in what others have to say about this topic.
:sigh: I didn't get no 1000 post love when I got to that milestone a full day and a half earlier, AND when I even pointed it out. Guess I'm no pinkfreud! SHE rocks! :yes:
Congrats on your 1000th post. We're some mouthy aren't we?
O'Shea

pinkfreud wrote:I'd rather be tackled than thrown up in the air. To each their own preference when it comes to masochism.
:lol: If you only knew :twisted:
orphan cub
Champion

pinkfreud wrote: And I'd rather be tackled than thrown up in the air. To each their own preference when it comes to masochism.

oh. my. soooo many things I could say here but would give too much away... :wink:

and hear hear on the importance of personality!
2006 Grey Cup Champions
Rammer
Team Captain

pinkfreud wrote:Personality is way more important to me than looks. And being positive is definitely important. However, too much spunk would drive me crazy. I like an upbeat attitude with a little sarcasm infused now and then. And I'd rather be tackled than thrown up in the air. To each their own preference when it comes to masochism.

he he (giggles ala Charlene :wink:) she just wrote spunk. 8) :lol:

I am sure glad to see that this thread has taken the same group right out of another thread defending the happy boys. 8)
Entertainment value = an all time low